New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

1 hour ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Hello everyone

Thanks for admin approval

I've been lurking for a couple of years and thought it's about time I sign up. I've never been a fan of "fancy" cars and am perfectly happy with a sub £1k (or is that now sub £3k in the current market!!?) "old banger"

A bit about my username - well Rover because I'm a serial MG/Rover fan and "FolkUs" because I currently have 2x MK2 Focuses (Foci?!) So RoverFolk and FolkUs = Focus .... Yeah me neither ... But I thought it was creative 😅

Hopefully I should fit right in! "Fleet thread" incoming in due course.... 😄

welcome aboard

Hello all!

Been lurking here and there for a while and finally decided to join the shitebox crusaders. Only passed my test last year so collecting chod to drive will have to wait a bit!

Never really was into the idea of financing a newer car, why bother spending so much money when you could get a perfectly good car for less than 2 grand?

So far I've got the most humble of steeds, a £1500 Toyota Corolla diseasel that seems sensible for a new driver, until you realise it's a tool eater. A5AFD64D-5F0A-49E7-8E45-B80C72EB4E93.thumb.jpeg.0efa052173ad3521d7090fdb00b8897a.jpeg

Naturally insurance is the only thing holding me back from running a fleet of MASSIVE BORK POTENTIAL French chod.

2 hours ago, Dizzler said:

Hello all!

Been lurking here and there for a while and finally decided to join the shitebox crusaders. Only passed my test last year so collecting chod to drive will have to wait a bit!

Never really was into the idea of financing a newer car, why bother spending so much money when you could get a perfectly good car for less than 2 grand?

So far I've got the most humble of steeds, a £1500 Toyota Corolla diseasel that seems sensible for a new driver, until you realise it's a tool eater. A5AFD64D-5F0A-49E7-8E45-B80C72EB4E93.thumb.jpeg.0efa052173ad3521d7090fdb00b8897a.jpeg

Naturally insurance is the only thing holding me back from running a fleet of MASSIVE BORK POTENTIAL French chod.

Welcome to the forums. It would appear we're both new drivers with insurance preventing us from running temperamental sheds. 😆

On 2/26/2022 at 7:24 PM, Dizzler said:

Hello all!

welcome aboard, were you from?

This seems the perfect place for me to be absolved of my sin of buying a 20 year old MG Rover product.

Hello to all K-series sufferers. My current lapse of reason is an MG TF. I've worked on many different vehicles of the 2 and 4 wheel variety over the years but this one seems almost 'adversarial'. It seems to almost actively fight back. Anyone that has attempted to remove the three bolts at the front of the engine cover has my sympathy. There is a place in Hell reserved for the person that designed the subframe mounts, the door hinge bushes are made of such stuff that tinsel would feel superior and why does every third bolt shear off?

I love it to bits.

41 minutes ago, McRusty said:

This seems the perfect place for me to be absolved of my sin of buying a 20 year old MG Rover product.

Hello to all K-series sufferers. My current lapse of reason is an MG TF. I've worked on many different vehicles of the 2 and 4 wheel variety over the years but this one seems almost 'adversarial'. It seems to almost actively fight back. Anyone that has attempted to remove the three bolts at the front of the engine cover has my sympathy. There is a place in Hell reserved for the person that designed the subframe mounts, the door hinge bushes are made of such stuff that tinsel would feel superior and why does every third bolt shear off?

I love it to bits.

Greetings you will fit in well with such fine chod

Hello Shiters,

Having spent many years on a form for pissed on heads, I thought I'd sign up here, seeing as the variety of automobiles is far better, not to mention the colour scheme.

As for me? I am afraid my pair from a manufacturer that doesn't receive all that much love on AS. A pair of... Bavarian Sierras. First being a 1993 320i Auto (slow), and the next being a 2005 330i touring... With a cloth interior (cloth rulez).

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

23 hours ago, McRusty said:

I love it to bits.

welcome onboard

1 minute ago, JakeT said:

Hello Shiters,

Having spent many years on a form for pissed on heads, I thought I'd sign up here, seeing as the variety of automobiles is far better, not to mention the colour scheme.

As for me? I am afraid my pair from a manufacturer that doesn't receive all that much love on AS. A pair of... Bavarian Sierras. First being a 1993 320i Auto (slow), and the next being a 2005 330i touring... With a cloth interior (cloth rulez).

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

lovely automatic(giffermatic)

Hello, my name is Alex, I'm 20 and live near Cambridge. It is nice to meet you all 🙂. I have 3 cars:

Daily - (Baboon) 1991 Volvo 940 GL 2.0 Auto banger

Show/fun car -  (Goose) 1993 Citroën AX 11 Echo 5 Soor

Project car - (Pigeon) 1997 Reliant Robin Estate

I've tinted the 940s rear windows, installed curtains and a folding full size single bed is in the rear. I've also treated the car to some nice Volvo Celebration alloys. They came with 4 new, mid range, tyres for only £150!. I bought the Vovlo in August 2021 for £950.00. 

The AX is my first car and I love it. Most reliable car I own by far and has never let me down. It's been cared for its whole life and is in show condition. It's tonnes of fun to drive and I will never part ways with it. I bought the AX in July 2020 for £950.00. 

The Robin is my project car. I've been working on it with my father and his friend and it recently passed its first MOT since 2019. I'm currently working on the Bodywork and will be painting it HubNut style soon! . I bought the Robin on 31st October 2020 for £1300.00 with a new kingpin supplied and fitted supplied, new front brake line supplied and fitted and a new N/S front light. 

IMG_20220218_095152_890.jpg

20220206_121513.jpg

20220205_093302.jpg

20220205_093322.jpg

20220116_132024.jpg

20211224_105748.jpg

Long time member first time poster, tbh thought i'd already introduced myself ha!

I've had quite a varied car history with a fair bit of autoshite but some gems, highlights for me have been;

• Volvo Amazon 2 door with Fred Flintstone floor
  • Borgward Isabella Kombi
  • t25 Westy Multivan       

Current cars ;

• BMW e46 330i Touring Msport 
  • Nissan Elgrand e50 camper (bought from a fellow shitter)
  • Toyota Starlet  1.3s (for sale)

Starlet was bought as a stop gap in Nov while waiting for lease car, ended up cancelling lease and buying the e46 hopefully going to run it for a few years very pleased with it so far. The Starlet was owned by an old guy for alot of years and was kept in a heated garage there isnt a spec of body rust on the car, the paint needs work to be mint there are dings and lacquer peel but apart from that its very solid for a 23yr old jap. 

IMG20220226132734.jpg

130101947_3444945185583401_2397135981039190995_o.jpg

front.jpg

Hello everyone, 

I've been lurking here for some time, and with encouragement from DozeyDustman finally decided to sign up. I live near Stockport, are there any other shiters around this way? I currently have 3 cars. The daily is a Volvo 960 estate, my fun car is a classic mini mpi, and my wife has an MG ZR 160. I think I fit in reasonably well with these! 🙂

16 minutes ago, paolodivichio said:

Hello everyone, 

I've been lurking here for some time, and with encouragement from DozeyDustman finally decided to sign up. I live near Stockport, are there any other shiters around this way? I currently have 3 cars. The daily is a Volvo 960 estate, my fun car is a classic mini mpi, and my wife has an MG ZR 160. I think I fit in reasonably well with these! 🙂

Welcome! Glad you’ve joined us. 

plenty of members in Greater Manchester, I’m sure they’ll identify themselves in due course

11 hours ago, paolodivichio said:

Hello everyone, 

Not that near Stockport but I will be visiting Manchester city centre, where my daughter lives, next weekend. 

11 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

Welcome! Glad you’ve joined us. 

plenty of members in Greater Manchester, I’m sure they’ll identify themselves in due course

Is that an oxymoron? 

Greater.....Manchester

Oh how we laughed.  (Born in Whithington Hospital was I, and brought home to Moss Side but now live in Miseryside and Staffordshire, so have no reason to take the piss) 

On 3/4/2022 at 1:49 PM, tys0n84 said:

Long time member first time poster, tbh thought i'd already introduced myself ha!

I've had quite a varied car history with a fair bit of autoshite but some gems, highlights for me have been;

• Volvo Amazon 2 door with Fred Flintstone floor
  • Borgward Isabella Kombi
  • t25 Westy Multivan       

Current cars ;

• BMW e46 330i Touring Msport 
  • Nissan Elgrand e50 camper (bought from a fellow shitter)
  • Toyota Starlet  1.3s (for sale)

Starlet was bought as a stop gap in Nov while waiting for lease car, ended up cancelling lease and buying the e46 hopefully going to run it for a few years very pleased with it so far. The Starlet was owned by an old guy for alot of years and was kept in a heated garage there isnt a spec of body rust on the car, the paint needs work to be mint there are dings and lacquer peel but apart from that its very solid for a 23yr old jap. 

IMG20220226132734.jpg

130101947_3444945185583401_2397135981039190995_o.jpg

front.jpg

On 3/5/2022 at 7:39 PM, paolodivichio said:

Hello everyone, 

22 hours ago, robgilmo said:

Hi, new here, joined up for the timelord ford thread, anyhow, thought I would introduce myself. So, there you go. And I also drive a shite car.DSCF2081.thumb.JPG.443fd7d98a9c5dbc080cbfe677f905a6.JPG

Welcome aboard HMS autoshite

On 3/5/2022 at 7:39 PM, paolodivichio said:

Hello everyone, 

Do you need any parts for the 960?

I'm in Stockport, look out for the "Northern Powerhouse " meetings.

Long time reader and finally joined up. 
was very pleased to stumble across this site. Didn’t realise there were so many shitters out there who hanker for motoring dross. 
like most I started off with zero budget and worked my way sideways from  there not wanting a decent car. 
Car history started with a couple Skoda Estelles, decending to a variety of rust buckets. An Uno, an Austin 1300 which the garage refused to MOT as it was “such a heap of shit” a Skoda Rapide peaking with a Mk2 Scirrocco and a nice ex giffer Viva Estate. 
other have followed until I am now Shiteless due to lack of space and living within the ULEZ and having a van for work. 
however I do have some old Mondeo spares I want shot of so it’ll be over to the shite for free zone next and hopefully a move out of London soon will furnish me with drive space to buy some utter dross to fix. 

15 minutes ago, Chuck Buckles said:

Long time reader and finally joined up. 
was very pleased to stumble across this site. Didn’t realise there were so many shitters out there who hanker for motoring dross. 
like most I started off with zero budget and worked my way sideways from  there not wanting a decent car. 
Car history started with a couple Skoda Estelles, decending to a variety of rust buckets. An Uno, an Austin 1300 which the garage refused to MOT as it was “such a heap of shit” a Skoda Rapide peaking with a Mk2 Scirrocco and a nice ex giffer Viva Estate. 
other have followed until I am now Shiteless due to lack of space and living within the ULEZ and having a van for work. 
however I do have some old Mondeo spares I want shot of so it’ll be over to the shite for free zone next and hopefully a move out of London soon will furnish me with drive space to buy some utter dross to fix. 

welcome along chuck buckles

On 3/3/2022 at 3:29 PM, Alex Drane said:

Hello, my name is Alex, I'm 20 and live near Cambridge. It is nice to meet you all 🙂. I have 3 cars:

Daily - (Baboon) 1991 Volvo 940 GL 2.0 Auto banger

Show/fun car -  (Goose) 1993 Citroën AX 11 Echo 5 Soor

Project car - (Pigeon) 1997 Reliant Robin Estate

I've tinted the 940s rear windows, installed curtains and a folding full size single bed is in the rear. I've also treated the car to some nice Volvo Celebration alloys. They came with 4 new, mid range, tyres for only £150!. I bought the Vovlo in August 2021 for £950.00. 

The AX is my first car and I love it. Most reliable car I own by far and has never let me down. It's been cared for its whole life and is in show condition. It's tonnes of fun to drive and I will never part ways with it. I bought the AX in July 2020 for £950.00. 

The Robin is my project car. I've been working on it with my father and his friend and it recently passed its first MOT since 2019. I'm currently working on the Bodywork and will be painting it HubNut style soon! . I bought the Robin on 31st October 2020 for £1300.00 with a new kingpin supplied and fitted supplied, new front brake line supplied and fitted and a new N/S front light. 

IMG_20220218_095152_890.jpg

20220206_121513.jpg

20220205_093302.jpg

20220205_093322.jpg

20220116_132024.jpg

20211224_105748.jpg

I dare say you should paint the Reliant Robin "Pogweasel Purple"...maybe the Citroen AX, too. The Volvo doesn't look knackered enough.

Is the Robin the one they launched into space?