New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

1 hour ago, Darling said:

Evening I'm new in town, so this is my first date, play nice or you wont get to second base...

....  Dam wrong site.

ok this looks a lively site not like the rest where you have to be nice and you have someone correct your spelling and grammar, anyway i'm old and grumpy and i like things that have oil in them and come with wheels.

D.

I play this for you.

https://www.radiorewind.co.uk/sounds/hello_darling.mp3

Doughnut worry about the grimmer/spilling Nazis N###s 😉

3 hours ago, Darling said:

Evening I'm new in town, so this is my first date, play nice or you wont get to second base...

....  Dam wrong site.

ok this looks a lively site not like the rest where you have to be nice and you have someone correct your spelling and grammar, anyway i'm old and grumpy and i like things that have oil in them and come with wheels.

D.

where you located?

6 hours ago, Darling said:

At this moment in time at my desk  in the other Ashford, Surrey if your Middle Classed or Middlesex if you old like me...not sure its the better Ashford.

todays weapon of my interest at work, shame its not mine as if it was i would not be at work at this hour.

image.thumb.png.83527672263f64318ab352fc6c714834.png 

More like B wing cell block H Ashford Remand for Twocking.

2 hours ago, Snake Charmer said:

Zimmer frame in the post, do you want a couple of gnomes to hang off it?

2 hours ago, Snake Charmer said:

Zimmer frame in the post, do you want a couple of gnomes to hang off it?

i could just borrow yours - your older and wont need it much longer...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,
I've been a lurker for a while and this is not my first post on here (I have been sniffing around others threads) but about time I did an intro. My name's Kieran and my car history is quite chequered and I think at last count is around 30 cars. I'm a big Jag fan and am currently smoking around in a lovely XK of 2007 vintage. Standard 4.2 N/A but high spec. It's currently with @grogee of this parish to have its under-crackers rust treated and painted. Man maths massively in play with this one. Very little work in the office coupled with just a 7 mile commute when I do so - therefore majority of the time it's being used for fun:
IMG-0014.thumb.JPG.ed0cb0f87eb9f1493d3a34792f6913bb.JPG

A big lover of all kinds of quirky cars and having "fixer uppers", the Jag came along purely as I promised myself one for a long time. Now it's here it's fab (but not without it's issues) and I would like it to stay.... but I can't help still looking at EBay/Gumtree/FB for bargains of interest on a near daily basis...

I also have a couple of (what I would consider) highlights from VWs back catalogue. A 1993 Corrado VR6 and a 2006 Mk5 Golf GTi. I love them both in different ways. The Corrado is a lot of fun and one of the best looking coupes (imho!), the Golf is the best car we have ever owned and I will never be without it. They're both in this picture below of my old "fleet". The XK8 was a "fixer upper" that I managed to make a profit on while enjoying a bit of V8 fun and the Alfa was a long term ownership that was a joy but family life meant it was going unused for long periods of timeThe_Fleet.thumb.JPG.896a3fbc8d12936ccbe1080e00aec013.JPG

I hope to contribute to the site and will surely enjoy the threads of others and partake in the odd Roffle! If of interest, I will begin a thread soon on the top end rebuild of the VR6 recently undertaken and (hopefully!) coming to completion in this next week!
Cheers!

30 minutes ago, Cluffy said:

Hello All,
I've been a lurker for a while and this is not my first post on here (I have been sniffing around others threads) but about time I did an intro. My name's Kieran and my car history is quite chequered and I think at last count is around 30 cars. I'm a big Jag fan and am currently smoking around in a lovely XK of 2007 vintage. Standard 4.2 N/A but high spec. It's currently with @grogee of this parish to have its under-crackers rust treated and painted. Man maths massively in play with this one. Very little work in the office coupled with just a 7 mile commute when I do so - therefore majority of the time it's being used for fun:

A big lover of all kinds of quirky cars and having "fixer uppers", the Jag came along purely as I promised myself one for a long time. Now it's here it's fab (but not without it's issues) and I would like it to stay.... but I can't help still looking at EBay/Gumtree/FB for bargains of interest on a near daily basis...

I also have a couple of (what I would consider) highlights from VWs back catalogue. A 1993 Corrado VR6 and a 2006 Mk5 Golf GTi. I love them both in different ways. The Corrado is a lot of fun and one of the best looking coupes (imho!), the Golf is the best car we have ever owned and I will never be without it. They're both in this picture below of my old "fleet". The XK8 was a "fixer upper" that I managed to make a profit on while enjoying a bit of V8 fun and the Alfa was a long term ownership that was a joy but family life meant it was going unused for long periods of timeThe_Fleet.thumb.JPG.896a3fbc8d12936ccbe1080e00aec013.JPG

I hope to contribute to the site and will surely enjoy the threads of others and partake in the odd Roffle! If of interest, I will begin a thread soon on the top end rebuild of the VR6 recently undertaken and (hopefully!) coming to completion in this next week!
Cheers!

Welcome to the madhouse 

44 minutes ago, Cluffy said:

Hello All,

Cheers!

Welcome! Big love for the Corrado. I've owned a couple of Corrados in 16v flavour and had a couple of mk3 Golfs with the 2.8 VR lump. My most recent was a mk2 Golf with a 2.8 VR which was an absolute riot to drive. Big regrets selling that one. I've never owned the ultimate package of a 2.9VR in a Corrado shell though. 

Looking forward to your further exploits with the Corrado in particular. Have you owned it for long? The Alfa's lovely too!

I can confirm @Cluffy is a lurker and also lurks in MY town. 

He is a serial VW licker and none of them have put him off yet. 

His Jag is currently up on stands on my drive getting The Treatment. The ungrateful swine is daring to rust its subframes without permission, so it's feeling the Wire Wheel of Wrath. 

Welcome to the forum. You'll never leave. 

1 hour ago, Eyersey1234 said:

I thought this was autoshite not the Hotel California 😂😂

This wouldn't be Hotel California. It would be it's lower budget version, so perhaps Hotel Carlisle instead. 😂

6 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Welcome! Big love for the Corrado. I've owned a couple of Corrados in 16v flavour and had a couple of mk3 Golfs with the 2.8 VR lump. My most recent was a mk2 Golf with a 2.8 VR which was an absolute riot to drive. Big regrets selling that one. I've never owned the ultimate package of a 2.9VR in a Corrado shell though. 

Looking forward to your further exploits with the Corrado in particular. Have you owned it for long? The Alfa's lovely too!

Corrado has been in my hands for 5 years this month! It's been a bit of a rollercoaster with it. I wanted one forever. I nearly got one in my mid-twenties but used the money for a house deposit instead (BORING). It's not perfect at all but loveable and my god the noise and muchos revs.... It's possibly one of the most mechanically sound examples around (if this engine work holds true) as I've done (well, me and @grogeehave done) a lot to it in the time I've had it. It needs paint at some point, but I'd rather it was a bit honest so I would never be scared to use it as the values have gone a bit mad recently.

The Alfa was lovely. I had it while I did a stint in Milan and it was lovely to see the sights in (when the A/C worked as my god, red leather seats get bloody hot in the sun!) Sold to a nice chap from Bristol who for a couple of years on the anniversary of sale sent me an update on it.... There are some proper folk out there...

4 hours ago, grogee said:

I can confirm @Cluffy is a lurker and also lurks in MY town. 

He is a serial VW licker and none of them have put him off yet. 

His Jag is currently up on stands on my drive getting The Treatment. The ungrateful swine is daring to rust its subframes without permission, so it's feeling the Wire Wheel of Wrath. 

Welcome to the forum. You'll never leave. 

You're probably right. A lot of threads look right up my alley...

Hi all, new member here! 

I have an interest in rare but nobody cares delights from the 90s - around 2005 era, have been known to screech to halt to admire a Hyundai Elantra at the side of the road. 

My current daily offering is a 2000 Citroen Xantia 90hp HDI which im enjoying. 

46 minutes ago, templeoffire said:

Hi all, new member here! 

I have an interest in rare but nobody cares delights from the 90s - around 2005 era, have been known to screech to halt to admire a Hyundai Elantra at the side of the road. 

My current daily offering is a 2000 Citroen Xantia 90hp HDI which im enjoying. 

61VGm7ZGtWL._AC_.jpg

Hi fellow Autoshiters and thanks to the admins for the approval.  It's been a seemingly endless 6 week wait but I have kept myself busy by religiously following the public threads and have even bought a featured car from the ebay tat vol 3 thread. (more of that later)

I am first and foremost a VW fan, although I have an appreciation for anything with an engine in it.  i like to collect things, although my partner uses the H word too much. I still have my first BMX bike, my first computer, games console, all my Lego and a version of my first car, an aircooled Beetle.

The current fleet  of 5 stretches over 6 decades and I have had all sorts of weird, wonderful and most of all shite cars.  I currently spend most of my time commuting 300+ miles a week in a 2001 Lupo SDi.  It just ticked over to 180,000 miles and I am hoping to get it to 200k.

Mark

Lupo + Ibiza.jpg

1 hour ago, coachie said:

Hi fellow Autoshiters and thanks to the admins for the approval.  It's been a seemingly endless 6 week wait but I have kept myself busy by religiously following the public threads and have even bought a featured car from the ebay tat vol 3 thread. (more of that later)

I am first and foremost a VW fan, although I have an appreciation for anything with an engine in it.  i like to collect things, although my partner uses the H word too much. I still have my first BMX bike, my first computer, games console, all my Lego and a version of my first car, an aircooled Beetle.

The current fleet  of 5 stretches over 6 decades and I have had all sorts of weird, wonderful and most of all shite cars.  I currently spend most of my time commuting 300+ miles a week in a 2001 Lupo SDi.  It just ticked over to 180,000 miles and I am hoping to get it to 200k.

Mark

Lupo + Ibiza.jpg

I think we'll get on juuuuuust fine. :)