New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

You can't just say "a van" and hope it passes unnoticed!  Some of us here are van pervs, having grown up with them and driven a huge variety in our working lives.  There's a heck of a difference between a 1963 Thames 400E and a 2013 Transit!

Oh and, welcome aboard!

23 hours ago, Mitsiman said:

Bedford TL horse box (weirdly she has no horses?)

I expect the wife is a secret AirBnB owner, with a fake ID 😉

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/50396590?source_impression_id=p3_1636835582_qzWi1WvY0CMhSZrz

And welcome to the forum

On 11/11/2021 at 8:36 PM, MrGTI6 said:

I owe you one. If that's the ULEZ refugee I think it is, I came perilously close to winning it a few weeks ago. I was the winning bidder with less than an hour to go!

I got the impression from the ad that it's a well-used but very well-maintained car. Glad to see it's gone to a good home and looking forward to reading all about it!

Very well used is how I'd describe it, but it's solid and honest. 

On 11/11/2021 at 7:35 AM, BorniteIdentity said:

Lovely stuff.  We had an automatic one in the fold for a while, mostly owned by @RobTwho is a shiter of most excellent repute.  Please start a thread on it, and hope you're now over the 'Rona.

Thanks, well over the 'rona now fortunately. Will get a thread going shortly.

On 11/11/2021 at 9:14 AM, BorniteIdentity said:

Ha!  I've seen this car - and you - but couldn't quite collar you to say hello.  I tend to park in that car park when I'm at the Co-op!  What is that Blue Nissan you have?  Don't think I've seen one around before!

Ahh, the sales overflow car park! That blue thing is a Nissan Tiida, you won't find many over here as they only seemed to be dealer imported by Arnold Clark (I believe?) in Scotland, and in very small numbers. Not a bad little motor but I've just been struggling to find the enthusiasm to get round to it, I've moved it to work now so no more taking up spaces in the car park! Do feel free to collar me if you catch me again! 

6 hours ago, GarageOfLuke said:

Ahh, the sales overflow car park! That blue thing is a Nissan Tiida, you won't find many over here as they only seemed to be dealer imported by Arnold Clark (I believe?) in Scotland, and in very small numbers. Not a bad little motor but I've just been struggling to find the enthusiasm to get round to it, I've moved it to work now so no more taking up spaces in the car park! Do feel free to collar me if you catch me again! 

Will do - I think I saw you at Barrington too on Jan 1st 2019?  A few of us from my village (just past Caxton) are going in Jan - maybe see you there!

On 11/12/2021 at 9:26 PM, Mitsiman said:

Hello Everyone! I like cars and have been talking shite for years so this seems like the ideal place for me. Auto-wise I have a Tesla which is the best thing since sliced bread and a 106 Rallye – which is sliced bread. I also have a load of other shite which will no doubt come out in the wash. The Wife has a 03 plate XC90 T6, a van, a Bedford TL horse box (weirdly she has no horses?) and a grey Ferguson Tractor. Our neighbours don’t talk to us.

Welcome to the forum. Tea urn is in the corner and there were some cookies and hobnobs in the tin but @Dan302and  @dollywobblerwere  seen nearby and they scoffed a load of them 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/11/2021 at 20:35, Remspoor said:

I expect the wife is a secret AirBnB owner, with a fake ID 😉

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/50396590?source_impression_id=p3_1636835582_qzWi1WvY0CMhSZrz

And welcome to the forum

Thanks for all your welcomes; Van is a 2014 Toyota Pro-Ace (Scudo in drag) and I think the Bedford needs some investigation!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Thought I'd introduce myself here as a new member.  I don't have a  particularly interesting car of my own*, or any especially 'shite' stories to recount, but probably will have a few questions for the members here in relation to a different hobby.  It seems like a friendly place to be!   

Missy

*is an old Ford Focus shite?  

4 hours ago, Missy Charm said:

Hello all,

Thought I'd introduce myself here as a new member.  I don't have a  particularly interesting car of my own*, or any especially 'shite' stories to recount, but probably will have a few questions for the members here in relation to a different hobby.  It seems like a friendly place to be!   

Missy

Greetings from Yorkshire from a fellow Focus owner. What year is your Focus? 

9 hours ago, Missy Charm said:

Hello all,

Missy

where you located?

23 hours ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Greetings from Yorkshire from a fellow Focus owner. What year is your Focus? 

18 hours ago, stuboy said:

any pictures?

To answer a couple of questions

2006 Moondust Focus Zetec with a 2 litre engine.  I don't have any photos on this computer, but may take some at a future date.  

I live in Essex.

2 hours ago, Missy Charm said:

To answer a couple of questions

2006 Moondust Focus Zetec with a 2 litre engine.  I don't have any photos on this computer, but may take some at a future date.  

I live in Essex.

Sounds lovely. My current Focus is a 15 plate 1.5tdci Titanium, my previous one was a 07 reg 1.8tdci Zetec Climate Estate. I'd be interested to see a thread on your Focus. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.
I'm a 17 year old from the UK (Cambridgeshire) with an interest for old Hondas and quirky Japanese cars.
Currently I own a 2006 Mini One R50, a fine car for the young boy racer in me, and have previously owned a 2008 Ford Ka (proper poverty spec 😃)
Have included photos of my two trusty steeds (former and latter)
Thank you @EightMegs for the referral to the forum. Looking forward to posting more here

DSC_2800.JPG

IMG_4893.jpg

2 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Welcome, I hope to find out more about your interest in old Hondas.

Well, the current plan once my year of insurance on the Mini is up is to look at getting a 80s-90s era Honda. Going to be daily commuting for work so planning to look out for something comfortable; I've seen a few Accords circiling about on eBay recently which have taken my fancy, but unfortunately as I say I'm just playing the waiting game of claiming my first year no claims which is up in August.

If something gets listed and really sticks out to me before that time, then I might take a look at swapping early.. we'll see.

5 hours ago, batterypowered said:

Hi everyone.
I'm a 17 year old from the UK (Cambridgeshire) with an interest for old Hondas and quirky Japanese cars.
Currently I own a 2006 Mini One R50, a fine car for the young boy racer in me, and have previously owned a 2008 Ford Ka (proper poverty spec 😃)
Thank you @EightMegs for the referral to the forum. Looking forward to posting more here

DSC_2800.JPG

IMG_4893.jpg

welcome to the forum

15 hours ago, batterypowered said:

Well, the current plan once my year of insurance on the Mini is up is to look at getting a 80s-90s era Honda. Going to be daily commuting for work so planning to look out for something comfortable; I've seen a few Accords circiling about on eBay recently which have taken my fancy, but unfortunately as I say I'm just playing the waiting game of claiming my first year no claims which is up in August.

If something gets listed and really sticks out to me before that time, then I might take a look at swapping early.. we'll see.

Welcome. My first year of insurance is also up in August having passed then. Had my wee red Škoda nugget since March though. :)

22 hours ago, batterypowered said:

Hi everyone.

DSC_2800.JPG

IMG_4893.jpg

Welcome to the forum young sir. If you ever need any advice feel free to ask on here, there's a good bunch of folk. 

Been called out by keith777 as a serial lurker here, hes right, been lurking for a few years. I can blame him for my interest in shit cars because hes had a few! My current shite assembly consists of a kia sorento, passed down, 2.5crdi i think, auto, crap on juice but serves well in pulling our caravan. Actually 2 caravans, ones a fluerette unsure of age but will be up for sale soon. Quite unique as a folding caravan. My other is a 1993 abi ambassodor. Sorry, this is a car forum....Managed to bag 4 alloys and good tyres of worldofceri for not alot, serving very well. I run a peugeot partner van on an 06 plate, would love to try veg but i think i have wrong pump?! Its solid and reliable though. You may be able to tell i no nothing in regards to mechanics but this is a humble place from my view of lurking! Great to be a part of this!