New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

Hello everyone!

Been reading the forum for a while now, but only just registered to post after buying a Panda Alessi. I'm living and working in the Midlands, so please keep your eyes peeled for a luminous orange Panda floating around.

Current fleet consists of a very poorly modified base spec Fiat Panda, an immaculate but Orange Panda Alessi, a Alfa Romeo Guilietta QV Launch Edition and an old Porsche Cayman. The crap Panda, of course, get all the miles and use. Everything else appear to have become expensive ornaments that are bleeding me dry :-D

I do all my own spannering, for better or worse, and I really enjoy working on the fleet. In interested in anything unusual or different.

Attached is a picture of my BadBoy™ Panda, which has provided me with hours of fun

IMG_3747.jpg

Edited by Alessi P
spelling

Hi Folks,

Thought I'd get myself on here after being pointed in the direction of the forum by a member who I recently bought some parts off of for one of my many projects!

I'll get a thread up detailing the fleet and tracking progress once I can muster the effort to do a write up on each of them 😅 It's mostly a rabble of crap that attract the question 'why would you bother repairing that / why don't you just buy a new car', which is a very good way for me to quickly ascertain who to avoid in future 😆 From what I've read of the forum so far, I think I will be in very good company here! One thing I definitely must not do is look in the shite for sale section...

Hello. Just joined AS. I also post on PH and RR but a couple of my current motors may be more AS appropriate. I'm not sure I'm cool enough for RR.

The 205 is a project, I have limited spannering skills but am learning. It turns out taking apart old cars is easier than putting them back together...

5276fa84690e5ee93ebdeff4f92f2c1b.jpg

The 75 just failed its MOT on "missing heat shield".  Of course according to the FB page everyone rips them off and I got Poirot as my tester (I noticed there were bolt holes but holding nothing on...).  Though it could have been worse.

You might also enjoy my repair to a bit of damage......Bit of silver hammerite, top quality 
Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

20210517_124953.jpg

1 hour ago, PrinceRupert said:

Hello. Just joined AS. I also post on PH and RR but a couple of my current motors may be more AS appropriate. I'm not sure I'm cool enough for RR.

The 205 is a project, I have limited spannering skills but am learning. It turns out taking apart old cars is easier than putting them back together...

5276fa84690e5ee93ebdeff4f92f2c1b.jpg

The 75 just failed its MOT on "missing heat shield".  Of course according to the FB page everyone rips them off and I got Poirot as my tester (I noticed there were bolt holes but holding nothing on...).  Though it could have been worse.

You might also enjoy my repair to a bit of damage......Bit of silver hammerite, top quality 
Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

20210517_124953.jpg

Greetings it looks like you will fit in well. One chodtastic 75 you have there 

Yes that is my Tuscan in the back my youngest and least shite car.  

zadES3D6.jpg

The 75 was bought for £600 sight unseen last August, zero service history, a few scrapes and scratches (a few more added by me, including that repaired one on the wheel arch which along with the door was already full of filler).  The brakes were rebuilt not long after I bought it, a set of drop links, and fixing parking sensors and cruise but other than that it has been a pleasant and reliable shed.  Well kitted out with working air con, cruise, heated seats, parking sensors, full leather and even my favourite thing .... electronic rear sun blind.  

The 205 was bought for £1200 last December (probably overpaid, it's pretty tatty).  It had been sitting ten years but was sold with a 12 month MOT.  I have since done cambelt, oil change, ignition coil, ht lead, dizzy cap and rotor, radiator, some other bits and pieces and the front suspension is now in bits as I try and fail to get it back together.  Considering the most I had done before I got this was change the droplinks on the 75 I am doing not too shabby but lets see if it will ever drive again.

1 hour ago, Andyd66 said:

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I just bought a Talbot Samba LS. Does anyone know any good websites or car clubs for spares?

Facebook is your friend here. The guys on the UK - 104 - Samba - LN/A - Visa Forum have been great with my LNA.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/340711949639100/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/467228297010770/

IMG_20180731_104841 broad.jpg

Hi all,

New here. I'm not ashamed to say that as a regular car show attendee, one of my absolute favourites is "Festival of the Unexceptional". It's totally in the spirit of Autoshite, except the cars are absolutely mint. As-new Austin Allegro 1.3L, Metro City, Vauxhall Chevette 1 litre. Peugeot 205 1.1S, non-Turbo Saab.

As for the shite I've owned..... I'm a proud member of the Rover 75 club (clocking up 100,000 miles in just 6 years - my ex-Father-in-law still owns it). First car was an absolute shocker. Rover 213S - the fake Honda with the absolutely shite K series engine which ate 2 head gaskets in a year. Vauxhall Carlton GSi (second car). There are a couple of decent cars in my past which we won't talk about, but the creme de la creme - an absolute shocker of a car which was so awful, it makes me cringe.

An Alfa Romeo 146 like this. Not only was it ugly, but despite only being 3 years old, cost me an absolute fortune to keep on the road.

spacer.png

Current fleet includes 2 x 2004 MR2 Roadsters (don't ask) and a 2007 shed of a Fiat Panda (plus company car - can't rough it too much)

On 03/06/2021 at 16:00, Andyd66 said:

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I just bought a Talbot Samba LS. Does anyone know any good websites or car clubs for spares?

Welcome! 

I feel opening posts like this do leave alot to the imagination though... 

I mean are you doing this as a first timer after getting bored of your 2012 vauxhall astra or is this not your first rodeo? 

1 hour ago, Electric2CVer said:

Hi everyone, wanna be shiter here! My only project at the moment is my 2CV, not rally a shite car, but once finished I'll have to look for something more shite!

Steve

IMG_20210403_191742_1.jpg

Plenty of 2CVers round these parts. You’ll do fine here! What’s the story with your Deux Chevaux? 

2 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Plenty of 2CVers round these parts. You’ll do fine here! What’s the story with your Deux Chevaux? 

Well as you can see it's shite!

I'm currently fitting one of Ken's chassis and detailing the process on Youtube. This isn't my first 2CV re-chassis, I did two in the 90s, the second of which I also converted to battery electric.

Steve

On 6/4/2021 at 10:29 AM, TheOtherStu said:

Hi all,

New here. I'm not ashamed to say that as a regular car show attendee, one of my absolute favourites is "Festival of the Unexceptional". It's totally in the spirit of Autoshite, except the cars are absolutely mint. As-new Austin Allegro 1.3L, Metro City, Vauxhall Chevette 1 litre. Peugeot 205 1.1S, non-Turbo Saab.

As for the shite I've owned..... I'm a proud member of the Rover 75 club (clocking up 100,000 miles in just 6 years - my ex-Father-in-law still owns it). First car was an absolute shocker. Rover 213S - the fake Honda with the absolutely shite K series engine which ate 2 head gaskets in a year. Vauxhall Carlton GSi (second car). There are a couple of decent cars in my past which we won't talk about, but the creme de la creme - an absolute shocker of a car which was so awful, it makes me cringe.

An Alfa Romeo 146 like this. Not only was it ugly, but despite only being 3 years old, cost me an absolute fortune to keep on the road.

spacer.png

Current fleet includes 2 x 2004 MR2 Roadsters (don't ask) and a 2007 shed of a Fiat Panda (plus company car - can't rough it too much)

welcome and where you from?

13 hours ago, Electric2CVer said:

Hi everyone, wanna be shiter here! My only project at the moment is my 2CV, not rally a shite car, but once finished I'll have to look for something more shite!

Steve

IMG_20210403_191742_1.jpg

On 6/5/2021 at 12:19 PM, Nathan said:

Hello! After a couple years of scrolling through I decided to make an account. Don't own any shite myself, however I’m an avid spotter. Love 90’s shite for whatever reason.