New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

On 4/19/2021 at 4:00 PM, tigerblue said:

Hello all!

Been lurking on the forum for a while now, long enough that the ebay tat thread has caused me to buy another pile of scrap. I love everything car related wether its old and crusty or new and shiny. I currently drive an Alfa Mito cloverleaf which is by far and away the nicest thing I've owned, also have a couple old Daihatsus and Toyotas that need restoring.  By day I'm one of them software blokes but spend all my free time tinkering with the cars.

Recently finished up a wee Daihatsu Copen for my partner that had a lot of rust so I welded it up, applied the appropriate amount of bondo and a mate of mine wrapped it, attached the obligatory tescos car park pic

Thanks!

_1040358.thumb.jpg.8ab8b000a8ae6f889561eb2ae520fa92.jpg

Do you mean your partner has a lot of rust or the Daihatsu? 🤣 Only kidding welcome aboard

Hi!
I’ve been a long time enjoyer of interesting cars, from all the different genres from supercars to JDM to american to modified to interesting and odd cheap cars.
I was encouraged to join by a frequent user (and real world close friend) [mention]Smokingwaffle [/mention]! Since I don’t have space at the moment I can only keep the one car and I think it’s rather nice. But I am a real appreciative of all the interesting and unusual weird stuff around on here!
a1e81e5f0f94c5aeb56b0f617cfec72b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Moldymort said:

Hi!
I’ve been a long time enjoyer of interesting cars, from all the different genres from supercars to JDM to american to modified to interesting and odd cheap cars.
I was encouraged to join by a frequent user (and real world close friend) [mention]Smokingwaffle [/mention]! Since I don’t have space at the moment I can only keep the one car and I think it’s rather nice. But I am a real appreciative of all the interesting and unusual weird stuff around on here!
a1e81e5f0f94c5aeb56b0f617cfec72b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welcome!

Hi, I decided to join because I like the name of the forum.

I started life with a car, but then a horse, replaced by a donkey, superceded by a mule, and now I find that I am in love with Becky Manton and about to die of fear.

I hate everybody that I know, and I hate that other people, that I don't know, hate people that I do know.

But I love cows.

And I have an old Range Rover somewhere outside.

11 hours ago, Pierre3 said:

Hi, I decided to join because I like the name of the forum.

I started life with a car, but then a horse, replaced by a donkey, superceded by a mule, and now I find that I am in love with Becky Manton and about to die of fear.

I hate everybody that I know, and I hate that other people, that I don't know, hate people that I do know.

But I love cows.

And I have an old Range Rover somewhere outside.

Welcome I look forward to hearing tales of your donkey and your mule 

Good morning everyone. I found this forum via a link from the Volvo Owners Club forum, I like what I see here so decided to join.  I have a collection of shite often refered to as the transport museum: a brace of Golf IV's, a Volvo V40 T4, Nissan Terrano 2.4 Extreme SWB, Brotherwood Ford Galaxy 2.3 Ghia, Vectra 1.9 CDTi, '95 Triumph Speed Triple, Honda CG125, C90, CB92, CB72, CB77, Yamaha Aerox and an ex-RAE Wooller engine. I also have 3 friends cars here, a '78 Manta, '69 Jensen Interceptor and '68 Ford Zephyr 6. Is that enough shite to qualify? 😀

1 hour ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Welcome I look forward to hearing tales of your donkey and your mule 

Thank you, you are most kind.

I would reply in Spanish as I hold Don Quixote in very high regard, and I am hoping to get a personal invitation to have lunch with him very soon. In Spanish, of course !! We will talk politics, art, food, and many other worldly issues.

1 hour ago, Snake Charmer said:

Good morning everyone. I found this forum via a link from the Volvo Owners Club forum, I like what I see here so decided to join.  I have a collection of shite often refered to as the transport museum: a brace of Golf IV's, a Volvo V40 T4, Nissan Terrano 2.4 Extreme SWB, Brotherwood Ford Galaxy 2.3 Ghia, Vectra 1.9 CDTi, '95 Triumph Speed Triple, Honda CG125, C90, CB92, CB72, CB77, Yamaha Aerox and an ex-RAE Wooller engine. I also have 3 friends cars here, a '78 Manta, '69 Jensen Interceptor and '68 Ford Zephyr 6. Is that enough shite to qualify? 😀

It's a good starting point.....

8 hours ago, Snake Charmer said:

Ooh, I reckon that will do around here. Welcome and what took you so long to get here?

7 hours ago, Saabnut said:

It's a good starting point.....

I didn't realise that the Volvo Owners Clob [VOC] was still running. I was a member about 15 years ago, at least, when I had a modified 244 GL. It had a set of twin Dellorto DHLA45, a race camshaft, skimmed head, larger valves and stronger valve springs, and a 2 &3/4 inch stainless steel exhaust. I fitted forestry suspension supplied directly from Volvo Sweden. It went like a hot snot, but tended to be very tail happy. I took out the complete dashboard and glued on wood veneer, and also managed to get extra dials from a guy in South Africa, oil pressure and oil temperature, also an outside temp. gauge. There were spaces for extra gauges behind blanking plates already punched into the dashboard by the factory.

Slotted brake discs were fitted with new calipers.

It was a good car but eventually rust got at it, and I didn't ever have time to fix that 😒

Sounds like a fun Volvo, one of the guys in Scotland has just posted up an nice 142 he has put back on the road. I keep remembering stuff I have stashed away out of sight, my Fathers 1947 Nimbus 750 is over in a mates garage as I have his Opel Manta so that can be added to the shite list. 😁

On 4/25/2021 at 10:04 AM, Snake Charmer said:

Sounds like a fun Volvo, one of the guys in Scotland has just posted up an nice 142 he has put back on the road. I keep remembering stuff I have stashed away out of sight, my Fathers 1947 Nimbus 750 is over in a mates garage as I have his Opel Manta so that can be added to the shite list. 😁

I happenedto be tidying some books and stuff up and I found my copy of the American manual about fitting a small block v8 into the 244. I never got around to it but, in the day, it was pretty straightforward.

VolvoV8Conversion.jpg.7b8cd21a7b1bd36c7437212f7b7c00c8.jpg

Ahoy hoy - I am long term chod addict and serial lurker on here, about time I said hello. Some may have seen me on the teal forum.

I started with a Mini back when they were cheap (£150)

Which I learned a lot on but have now dropped in acid and am very slowing reconstructing

First car I actually drove was a white R100 Metro which was great - especially when the rear brake cylinder failed on a dual carriage way a week after I passed my test and I had to slow with the handbrake and going thru the gears

That was a replaced with a very cheap Dolly 1850HL on BROWN. I loved that car, despite the high coolant consumption which resulted in the jackshaft seizing and snapping on a very cold morning, I imagine due to the water freezing and distorting the block. I did fix it and sell it on tho.

A 306 with a turbo XUD was next, which I crashed, fixed but then had to scrap when the gearbox went bang a long way from home.

Next was an 84 Metro City X which I still have (now for sale). Many happy memories in that thing and far too much time and money spent on it - I will really miss it.

Another Dolomite came along with a TR7 engine and auto box. The auto box was actually really good but the car caught fire the week after I got it on the road. I spent 3 years getting it back together and daily drove it for a few years, then took it off the road and resprayed it before selling it.

I briefly tried a modern with an X-Trail. Quite liked it but a chain tensioner went very suddenly and snapped a camshaft. I bought a Series 3 Landy on eBay for a grand and used that instead. I did fix the X-Trail and swapped it for a rotten BMW E24

The Landy was brilliant and got a 200Di swap. Sold it for far too little just before prices rocketed. I really miss that bus. The E24 was subject to a lot of welding, enjoyed for a bit but had to go to help fund a house.

I was then really dull and got a Mk4 Golf TDi which was fine. Nothing wrong with it at all but dull AF. Sold that and got an MX5. Supercharged it, did a track day, then went in a friends Caterham and sold the MX5! 

I then went a bit mad and bought a sub £3k Bentley 8 with a few weeks MOT.  Loved it, made it better, drove it several thousand miles round France and sold it at Beulieu to a blind frenchman. Result, but also massive regrets. It was epic.

I now roll about in an NA dizzle Merc 124 because I like to go very fast and have a Midget I inherited from my dad.

vVzCAKe.jpg

SyadKuX.jpg

jwErrql.jpg

2ZceIEN.jpg

MQKrXIt.jpg

vBPS1eb.jpg

xpSDNoO.jpg

1910048_1045157061773_4801_n.jpg

1984-austin-metro-60867d1ecb30f.jpg

Std8lcg.jpg

• 4 weeks later...