New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

11 hours ago, bobdisk said:

Its gone now, I think. £1.2 k is too much for me anyway!

If I was totally enthusiastic about it, I would offer no more than £800 (but I still feel £600 is more what she's worth at the moment). Provided you can fix the damage to the bodyshell from the suspected injury by a fork lift truck, because beyond sorting glass? I suspect that will be the most annoying aspect so that the door and window on that side shut and seal properly. Something tells me that you will enjoy rebuilding the engine/replacing the engine with a direct equivalent. :) In my mind, a certainty of £800 in the bank is better than no offers at all. :) Besides, I think its only £1.2k to chase off the dreamers...but sadly make those willing and/or able to bring her back to running on the road to balk.

EDIT: And I'm in talks as regards the Enfield. *takes a breath* Big boy trousers time! Credit card I'm looking at you... 😄

Edited by EmperorPigeon

Alright! I have been lurking for years and finally decided to register so I can contribute a bit, as well as take advantage of the hive mind of course. Been on the blue forum a few years but i appreciate the brevity of this place in comparison. I also have fuck all money so really this is much more my speed.

Current shite is an e36 328i convertible which is really very shite and I'm near on weeping with dealing with breakers on eBay trying to find parts. It's my only car and one of those projects where as soon as I fix one part another three break. Diminishing returns and that.

So, if anyone knows of a non-moron source for e36 parts please tell me and I can go back to sanity.

Edit; I just remembered, a small claim to fame is the Maniac Swapper ebay rolls royce fella? He lives up the top of my road.

Hello All 

My name is Sheldon I run a youtube channel about classic cars but mostly about Rover P6s I have 4 P6 estates 2 V8 autos and one 4 cylinder 2.2TC I love all classic cars I am in Cornwall so if anyone has any classic cars they would let me film let me know =)

Look Forward to chatting to fellow petrol heads 

IMG_8846.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

HELLO! I am new(ish) and am introducing myself! 
Bristol based, honda hoarding, Audi technician. 
Behold my car shaped rust in all their glory .
Also own a 2000 2.8L 30v Audi A4, which is for sale if anyone's interested.
Also whipping a rather lush  535d. Straight six daily's be the shiz.

__4_0521.jpg

_34_00112.jpg

IMG_2993.JPG

IMG_2997.JPG

Hello all! I’m Espen, from Bergen (the one in Norway).

Current fleet is a BMW 325i Touring manuêl, a Renault Twizy for work commute/road toll avoidance, and as of today a Golf 3 cabriolet with very shy side windows (thread in Ask a shiter).

Past offences include Peugeots 306 and 406, an Alfa 156 2,0 manual, and various BMWs, the most noteworthy one being a Z3 2,8 Coupe. 

5 hours ago, spartacus said:

Sorry guys, I'm really struggling with the board this morning, it used to have a light grey background with dark script, now it's black with white script and doesn't navigate in the same way. Please help fix it, I'm in HS ATM and it's my only line to the outside world.

@tobyd - can you help?

@spartacus - have you tried changing the 'Theme' to another one, to see if it looks any better? You'll find a few different themes in a drop down menu, at the foot of the main AS index page. There are different display layout options also, at the top RHS of the same page.

After lurking for a whille, have finally managed to join. Been driving and keeping cars(and vans) running for almost 50 years. Last 20 years have bought new or under three years old, but have also helped my many offspring keep older vehicles on the the road and had a few "rescue cars" as I call them that I've brought back to life. Sold a Mk 5 Fiesta I'd revived in 2013 last Autumn and recommissioned a 54 reg Micra that had been abandoned on Mother in laws drive over a year ago by my youngest son. That sold almost instantly, leaving a space on the drive which I've recently filled with a 54 reg Meriva, bought for £120 in February. Will hopefully post my many struggles to turn it into a  decent motor in another thread. Anyway, really enjoy reading all your automotive adventures, and hope to add a few of my own. 

12 hours ago, Dobloseven said:

After lurking for a whille, have finally managed to join. Been driving and keeping cars(and vans) running for almost 50 years. Last 20 years have bought new or under three years old, but have also helped my many offspring keep older vehicles on the the road and had a few "rescue cars" as I call them that I've brought back to life. Sold a Mk 5 Fiesta I'd revived in 2013 last Autumn and recommissioned a 54 reg Micra that had been abandoned on Mother in laws drive over a year ago by my youngest son. That sold almost instantly, leaving a space on the drive which I've recently filled with a 54 reg Meriva, bought for £120 in February. Will hopefully post my many struggles to turn it into a  decent motor in another thread. Anyway, really enjoy reading all your automotive adventures, and hope to add a few of my own. 

welcome aboard dobloseven

On 4/9/2021 at 9:54 PM, YungStaff said:

PPS(?) are there any Auto-shiter meets happening this year? would be interesting to mix with y'all x

Hello!

There's one over here in West Sussex in June/July date+location TBC, thread here

and also IIRC there's one a bit closer to you down West Country Like (Calne) at some point, thread here

Hi everyone! A ‘newbie’ here, but definitely NOT a newbie to owning ‘shite’ cars!

My household collection currently consists of:-

1973 MG Midget - with severe running problems, drinking fuel and running really rough, but otherwise in good nick! (See picture)

1995 Mitsubishi FTO - with an electrical fault (after I tried jump starting it, but got the cables crossed), she turns over, but there is no power to the Spark Plugs. Could be something blown on ECU which will need to be sent away for checking and repairs! She has very low mileage, so definitely worth getting back on the road!

2000 Peugeot 206 - She is a bit tatty, particularly the clear coat over the red paintwork. What is it about red paint? But she is still roadworthy, also with very low mileage, less that 60k, so worth keeping going,

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Currently off the road while I fix all the MoT failure issues. She absolutely MUST get back on the road, as she is our tow vehicle for our 21 year old Caravan!

Having been a resident of planet Earth for more years than I care to remember, I have had the dubious pleasure of owning several ‘heaps’ starting with a CZ125 Motorbike, before ‘upgrading’ to 4 wheels with my purchase of a  Daf Van, in my college days!

Well, that’s my abridged, potted history! Hello, again, everyone!

9050B5D5-749F-4DCA-8CB6-DE25355EBEED.jpeg

Hi there! 

Been meaning to get signed up for ages but only just pulled my finger out of my arse and committed to it. Been a lurker for ages, because it seems old shonky chod is my kinda vibe. 

Currently driving a 07 plate Accord CTDI, which I’ve spent far too much on because I’m not a smart man 🤔 also own a 03 plate fiesta that I rescued from an ivy bush. It’s become a long running project, with the intention of becoming a track slag.  

I’m a motorcycle mechanic by trade, with engine building/tuning being my speciality. So by default my kink is shonky old turds haha. 

Cheers dudes! 

6059B5C6-6F02-4A76-B4E8-98BD38A0DEDD.jpeg

CBFDF3E7-871B-4A74-8FEF-F47D37AAF4F4.jpeg

Hello all!

Been lurking on the forum for a while now, long enough that the ebay tat thread has caused me to buy another pile of scrap. I love everything car related wether its old and crusty or new and shiny. I currently drive an Alfa Mito cloverleaf which is by far and away the nicest thing I've owned, also have a couple old Daihatsus and Toyotas that need restoring.  By day I'm one of them software blokes but spend all my free time tinkering with the cars.

Recently finished up a wee Daihatsu Copen for my partner that had a lot of rust so I welded it up, applied the appropriate amount of bondo and a mate of mine wrapped it, attached the obligatory tescos car park pic

Thanks!

_1040358.thumb.jpg.8ab8b000a8ae6f889561eb2ae520fa92.jpg

On 3/25/2021 at 10:08 PM, Sheldon said:

Hello All 

My name is Sheldon I run a youtube channel about classic cars but mostly about Rover P6s I have 4 P6 estates 2 V8 autos and one 4 cylinder 2.2TC I love all classic cars I am in Cornwall so if anyone has any classic cars they would let me film let me know =)

Look Forward to chatting to fellow petrol heads 

IMG_8846.JPG

four p6 estates is something I'd like to see.  Wrong side of the country for me to drop around and see unfortunately but wow.!  I'll have to check out the videos.

Gov.uk shows reg. 6417 NU as being a 2014 KIA SPORTAGE.  I only checked to see what model it was, but I really love the colour on a P6.