New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

On 2/24/2021 at 8:29 PM, Walshe said:

Hi all, I’m Mark, from Ireland. Recently became a follower of HubNut on YouTube and found this forum from his videos (currently watching them all from oldest to newest). 
my current collection of shite is a 93 Ford Sierra sapphire 1.6i, 97 Ford mondeo 1.8td, 01 Nissan Almera 1.5 and a 73 vw beetle. None of which are on the road 

Yep, that's a truly Shite collection.  Good preparation there, well done!

Hi everyone, I'm Tom from reading, but living down in devon in our 2001 converted mercedes sprinter called rex. Sadly due to living in a bus I can exactly own a small fleet of cars but was hoping I could make some good connections with any peddle n pop fans as I'm hoping to strap one to the back of our van as an extra bit of freedom. (Thoughts?) 

Hello, my name's Jamie and I suffer a horrible affliction, you see I cannot rest when I have nothing to do and I end up taking on more projects that bring me near tears and misery. Once I finish a project I find myself climbing the walls and fearful that she who must be obeyed will, with force make me do household DIY :( . I have since a boy been around fantastic vintage machines of all kinds, my Dad was a great and very knowledgeable man in the world of stationary engine and vintage electrical preservation, sadly he forgot more than I shall ever know. Somehow, when I am enveloped in a project or indeed going for "the first start up" he is there aside me again and I am happy.  I always remember what he used to tell me, "if you think you can, you can. If you think you can't you're bloody well right".  

Perhaps more to the point of this forum I never did aspire to the vehicles my peers did and my first car was a Dolomite 1300. I followed that with an 1850TC and a Sprint which I used to enjoy playing with the local Kev and his XR2. Many other cars have passed through my hands as I often run a dog that has been given up on by others and buy it a few years more through nurture. 

I joined the forum as I came across references to Invacars, these I have coveted for many a year, though, until now none has fallen my way.

55 minutes ago, AdgeCutler said:

Hello, my name's Jamie and I suffer a horrible affliction, you see I cannot rest when I have nothing to do and I end up taking on more projects that bring me near tears and misery. Once I finish a project I find myself climbing the walls and fearful that she who must be obeyed will, with force make me do household DIY :( . I have since a boy been around fantastic vintage machines of all kinds, my Dad was a great and very knowledgeable man in the world of stationary engine and vintage electrical preservation, sadly he forgot more than I shall ever know. Somehow, when I am enveloped in a project or indeed going for "the first start up" he is there aside me again and I am happy.  I always remember what he used to tell me, "if you think you can, you can. If you think you can't you're bloody well right".  

Perhaps more to the point of this forum I never did aspire to the vehicles my peers did and my first car was a Dolomite 1300. I followed that with an 1850TC and a Sprint which I used to enjoy playing with the local Kev and his XR2. Many other cars have passed through my hands as I often run a dog that has been given up on by others and buy it a few years more through nurture. 

I joined the forum as I came across references to Invacars, these I have coveted for many a year, though, until now none has fallen my way.

Welcome aboard, if its incacars you are after threads by these good folk are what you be lookin for..

@LightBulbFun @dollywobbler @Zelandeth and occasionally @Mrs6C20200823_150850.thumb.jpg.a42f5321fe8a28aeca55cc7fe95ec338.jpg

1 hour ago, AdgeCutler said:

Welcome along... you may even find a few Wurzels fans among us... 

21 hours ago, Floatylight said:

Welcome aboard, if its incacars you are after threads by these good folk are what you be lookin for..

@LightBulbFun @dollywobbler @Zelandeth and occasionally @Mrs6C20200823_150850.thumb.jpg.a42f5321fe8a28aeca55cc7fe95ec338.jpg

Those look more like Invertedcars :)

Welcome along all you new folk, pull up a virtual chair and make yourselves comfortable.

Hey all from Lancashire :)

I finally decided to join after some years of wondering if I should, as I don't have a collection of cars/bikes (save for a pedal assist e-bike!) back then and now. Getting everything in order after the obvious past year, so that that will change. :)  I very much appreciate the unexceptional, with a preference for Volvo and thanks to Hubnut - wanting an Invacar of my own, preferably to EV it for local trips to the shops because I'm not right in the head. :D Plus it would amuse me, because after all...what's the point otherwise right? Right! :D

11 hours ago, EmperorPigeon said:

I finally decided to join after some years of wondering if I should, as I don't have a collection of cars/bikes (save for a pedal assist e-bike!) back then and now. Getting everything in order after the obvious past year, so that that will change. :)  I very much appreciate the unexceptional, with a preference for Volvo and thanks to Hubnut - wanting an Invacar of my own, preferably to EV it for local trips to the shops because I'm not right in the head. :D Plus it would amuse me, because after all...what's the point otherwise right? Right! :D

Hello welcome to the forum!

I recommend against EVing a Petrol invacar, for various reasons and instead I would recommend finding an original electric invalid vehicle, and restoring one of those for the shopping run :) 

like an Electric Stanley Argson, Electric Tippen Delta, AC Model 64, or an Electric Harper :) 

few people realise that milk floats aside, Electric invalid vehicles where one of the most common electric vehicles at the time!

16 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

I recommend against EVing a Petrol invacar, for various reasons and instead I would recommend finding an original electric invalid vehicle, and restoring one of those for the shopping run :) 

like an Electric Stanley Argson, Electric Tippen Delta, AC Model 64, or an Electric Harper :) 

few people realise that milk floats aside, Electric invalid vehicles where one of the most common electric vehicles at the time!

A nice Braune Batricar should do it? 

On 3/10/2021 at 1:58 AM, EmperorPigeon said:

Greetings. 

On 3/10/2021 at 1:51 PM, LightBulbFun said:

10 hours ago, AdgeCutler said:

A nice Braune Batricar should do it? 

I think you've both missed the point of the Model 70 and how none of those compare. Road legal, that can get to 50mph (and over if one dares ;) ), with a full bodyshell, and actually has luggage space enough for a large reusable shopping bag full of of shopping. Maybe even two. Perhaps the going to the shops aspect threw you both?

Welcome to the club! Definitely would not EV a model 70, for a start where would you put the batts? 

12 hours ago, EmperorPigeon said:

I think you've both missed the point of the Model 70 and how none of those compare. Road legal, that can get to 50mph (and over if one dares ;) ), with a full bodyshell, and actually has luggage space enough for a large reusable shopping bag full of of shopping. Maybe even two. Perhaps the going to the shops aspect threw you both?

A good part of the fun of a Model 70 is the engine and related.  Cant wait to get one

On 3/12/2021 at 6:13 AM, bobdisk said:

Welcome to the club! Definitely would not EV a model 70, for a start where would you put the batts? 

A good part of the fun of a Model 70 is the engine and related.  Cant wait to get one

Did you get TPE 285S that @LightBulbFun mentioned in the Model 70 thread?  It could be gone by now, but that might be just the one for you. :)

My idea to EV one would be a low power 48v 3kw (preferably 5kw) motor which, given the light weight of a Model 70 (especially with the 493cc engine removed and associated tidbits) combined with a 48v lithium ion battery pack of at least 40ah (1.92kw/h, most of which will be usable). That would be a very small battery pack in terms of physical size and would weigh around 20kg (based on the knowledge that a 48v10ah lithium ion battery weighs about 5kg) and could potentially be fitted behind the driver's seat.  The cost of such a pack would be close to £800, the power output would reduce the top speed to between 30-40mph, the torque isn't the on-off switch certain motoring journalists/enthusiasts would have you believe and would be either the same or less than the petrol engine when new.

Now I'm not saying any of that is wise, but then if I had a Model 70? Then I'd do what I want with it because I'm an out and out lunatic. :D I'd hope you feel the same if/when you procure a Model 70 and rebuild the engine completely and damn the expense! :)

Hi all, greetings from Nova Scotia, Canada! :)

My posts will likely be sporadic here as I'm more of a lurker than a poster (I find myself on many automotive sites these days, haha!), but several folks have told me that it's a great community and it's nice to be part of yet another one :)

My current shite consists of a bog-standard, base-trim 2009 Hyundai Accent 3-door hatchback (known as the Accent Atlantic to you UK folks) which I affectionately call 'Humdrum'. She has a 5-speed manual and a 1.6L G4ED Alpha II putting out 110 raging South Korean horsepower. Bought used with 54,000kms, I've had her since 2013 and we've covered another 134,000kms together. Yes, she's newer, but there's no ANYTHING (no power mirrors, no power windows, no power locks, no remote locking, no cruise control, no ABS, no A/C). The only 'features' are a driver and passenger airbag and an 'aux' jack on the stereo! I love her all the more for it in a time when new cars are getting more expensive and needlessly complicated...
179250409_October6th2020-SeaMistoverMahoneBayHarbour.thumb.jpg.a24f9dd6251084e3b8f829d19c458d1f.jpg
20191102_133641.thumb.jpg.c3f56f91cfffc5e35a5ced92f937e7a0.jpg

I'm hoping to import a FIAT 126p from your side of pond at some point as I am a friend of fellow Autoshite member @Borsuq , who has a lovely 1999 126p ELX example....I love them a lot and have a Haynes guide already for when the time comes! If anybody knows a trustworthy place to find one, let me know!

Otherwise, I'm a substitute teacher by trade that does computer repair on the side and digital auto art on the OTHER side in my spare time (when I can find any...) and loves weird and quirky automotive stuff, especially basic and classic Euro, Eastern Bloc and JDM stuff...and that's pretty much it! Lovely to be here!

Edited by RallyDarkstrike
Adding details :)