New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

On 11/25/2020 at 11:28 PM, stuboy said:

its a blanket course, ud have it sewn up in no time

On 11/25/2020 at 10:26 PM, High Jetter said:

Welcome. Can we all learn about covers? :)

cover teachers are supply teachers as such but work in one school and teach many subjects , cover tutor time (flexi learning at my work) , 

On 11/26/2020 at 10:05 AM, motorpunk said:

B+ 

See me after class. 

We can talk about 2CVs.

haha

2 hours ago, 2cvspecial said:

cover teachers are supply teachers as such but work in one school and teach many subjects , cover tutor time (flexi learning at my work) , help in admin , Also qualified SEN lead  but chose to be cover teacher

haha

But I’m the only 2CV driving teacher in the village!! 

My interest is piqued my the sparse information given, what cars have you owned, do you work on them yourself, are you an automotive masochist like so many of us on here?

13 hours ago, Flowerbolt said:

Hey all, not sure what to say. I love cars, i have owned around 5 or so in the past year. 

Hej hej greetings from Worcestershire.  I'm the joyous owner of many decaying and decrepit diabolic pieces of ****.  Currently only one of them turns of it's own accord: a less than fruitful rolling wreck of a van of Renault trafic. Other non-rolling mobiles include a faceless lupo(sans front end that I accepted in lieu of payment after fitting a new steering column to a stolen car), a decaying e36 that's been plundered for all it's worth and a civic aerodeck that needs it's gearbox putting back on after a clutch change. Outside of these misadventures I'm a seasoned proficient mechanic with a unsurpassed knowledge.  And I also enjoy chainsaws (with no real use for them). I do hope I can fit in here. 

Well given it’s a couple of years since I’ve been here I thought a proper introduction was in order. Again. 

When I signed up, I’d been rumbling around in a Saab 9-5 wagon with a diseasel. Took that to 258,000 miles and was starting to feel the effects of entropy. After all how much use is 2nd gear and an EML that stays off. But when it started to nom steering fluid a month before MoT time I thought, time “to go and live on a farm”. One that makes nice cubes of metal...

So I’m now the owner of a giffer spec V70 automatic with a mere 160,000 miles. Velour interior and everything. Need to change the thermostat and lube the brake pedal shaft to stop the farty whistle, but otherwise a nice car.

1BE185CF-C0DA-47A2-AD0C-1CC2947ED6C1.jpeg

Edited by EoGS
Grammar

On 11/17/2020 at 9:59 PM, Woollen797 said:

Hi there I've been looking through Autoshite on and off for a few years as a few of my vehicles have popped up on here, The latest I've seen pop up is my Trilox Rollsette invalid which is why I've joined up. 

I have plenty of Shite including some buses 1957 Bedford SBG/Duple Super Vega, 1959 AEC Regent V/MCW, 1961 Thames Trader 570E/Duple Yeoman, 1981 Leyland Leopard/Plaxton Supreme and Dodge S56/Robinhood. I have 2 Land Rovers one 1974 and the other 1979, an LDV Pilot a few invalid carriages and a few Raleigh mopeds plus quite a lot of old push bikes. 

I did have a Bristol LHS for a while painted like a DMU.

I'm interested in most classic transport.

3 Leyland Leopard Plaxton Supreme JIL2426.JPG

24-09-2020 15.31.23 Norfolk Holiday 00043 .jpg

DSC_0733.JPG

DSCF9845.JPG

DSCF2112.JPG

DSC00293.JPG

Just remembered to check on this fred and welcome. I'm presuming your username is because you own YWD 797, a fine beast, says the man that once owned four Reliances (SUT 322 at SYTM was mine originally ) and I passed my PSV on Sheffield 874, a long, long time ago. 

Hopefully we'll meet sometime next year.

On 12/12/2020 at 8:39 PM, Finnegansmake said:

.............................end that I accepted in lieu of payment after fitting a new steering column to a stolen car)............................

I had to read that a few times, because it came out all wrong first time😉

On 12/13/2020 at 6:22 PM, busmansholiday said:

Just remembered to check on this fred and welcome. I'm presuming your username is because you own YWD 797, a fine beast, says the man that once owned four Reliances (SUT 322 at SYTM was mine originally ) and I passed my PSV on Sheffield 874, a long, long time ago. 

Hopefully we'll meet sometime next year.

Yes that is one of my toys although it is currently in storage at Keighley.

Hello from Kilkenny, I'm the owner of a moderately corroded 2000 Toyota Yaris and have just acquired a 1994 Toyota Starlet with a voracious appetite for coolant. I have a taste for nasty Japanese hatchbacks and anything that can be bought for less than three tanks of petrol.

Hi everyone,

Finally signed up after lurking in the ebay threads for months. Currently very slowly restoring my £500 Rover R8, not sure why, always liked 90s Rovers.

ACtC-3cBxojzcGl3reKvLBCmrv_XSN2TT6p3ezbh

Also i'm shopping for another £500 90s runabout while I take the Rover off the road for some more work. Recommendations welcome!

Cheers

Rob

2 hours ago, moosemansjukebox said:

Also i'm shopping for another £500 90s runabout while I take the Rover off the road for some more work. Recommendations welcome!

Cheers

Welcome, you'll now have access to the shite for sale area so hopefully there'll be something to tempt you. 

Also pleased to see another member from god's city, so when life returns to normal we'll hopefully have a local meet.  But I must ask, blue or red?.

On 12/12/2020 at 7:39 PM, Finnegansmake said:

Hej hej greetings from Worcestershire.  I'm the joyous owner of many decaying and decrepit diabolic pieces of ****.  Currently only one of them turns of it's own accord: a less than fruitful rolling wreck of a van of Renault trafic. Other non-rolling mobiles include a faceless lupo(sans front end that I accepted in lieu of payment after fitting a new steering column to a stolen car), a decaying e36 that's been plundered for all it's worth and a civic aerodeck that needs it's gearbox putting back on after a clutch change. Outside of these misadventures I'm a seasoned proficient mechanic with a unsurpassed knowledge.  And I also enjoy chainsaws (with no real use for them). I do hope I can fit in here. 

Hmmmm

Hi  all I'm Steve  a recent lurker and thread reader, hopefully I can maintain  the low low standards needed most of thr time.

The current fleet is a 71 XJ6

A 72 Rover 3500 - purchased as I took my 8 year old at the time son to view it  and was a bit reluctant due to the state if decrepitude and rust only o have him love it and turn to me as it rattled bits off on the car park test drive " were buying this aren't we dad?"  Tho I hold my hand up for every other mechanically dubious, rusty  ched of a car I bought..

And a modern Mazda  -boo,  his. (Tho it decided to top up its sumpmwith diesel last year ready for its first service so...)

I look forward to the agony and ecstasy  that AS will bring.