New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

Hi everyone

I'm Tim, living in Wickford Essex. I am a long time reader, and have enjoyed many a thread from here, and still plan to emulate one of the many epic collection threads that I've followed.

I have recently acquired my first 'project'. It is so boring I struggle to find that motivation to do anything with it some days, but I will stick a thread up as my mechanical knowledge is slightly less than zero so  I will have plenty of questions, if anyone is willing.

Cheers

I just remembered that after being on here for almost half a year, I havnt properly introduced myself...

So anyway I am Johannes and I am up in the cold north, also known as Aberdeenshire.

When I joined here, I had something interesting in the form of a Lada Niva which is now in the hands of dodgy bastard who in return part exchanged a corolla that is dull enough to avoid turning into a project like several of my previous cars.

I started life with an even more dull mk3 fiesta diesel which happily snapped the timing belt, after which I gave it away to a friend who put a second hand head and second hand belt on and he drove it for about a week before he snapped that belt.

Following that I had a variety of cars from a Skoda Estelle to an Audi S2 which was not just fast on the road but also fast at emptying my wallet. I also tried my hand at motorport, doing the odd rally time trial, autotest and autocross. But since Motorsport UK introduced new competition licence requirements which are quite complicated if you are an immigrant like myself, I walked away from the rapidly declining world of grassroots motorsport.

I now spend my time making and repairing parts for mostly classic cars and rally cars amongst other things, which often brings up some nice engineering challenges.

Hopefully I will be able to own something exciting again, but in the meantime I will be saving the pennies and driving around in what can only be described as...shite.

Good evening all, I'm Andrew, just on today having bumped into a member at a classic show yesterday and thus remembered this is here! 

My preferred flavour of carpoo is small and Italian and I have been a long time member on Fiat Forum and then half heartedly clicking around a few 'cento and Panda groups on Facebook despite really really not wanting to be on Facebook. Current fleet comprises one 1990 Panda Sergio Tacchini (in bits, requires tlc) one '03 Seicento sporting (working - yay! - although only for the last week), one '02 Seicento SX (broken, parts car now) and one '09 Panda (aka "the car" and definitely, definitely not a project.... for now)

20200904_100950.jpg

1 hour ago, Grumblespeed said:

Good evening all, I'm Andrew, just on today having bumped into a member at a classic show yesterday and thus remembered this is here! 

My preferred flavour of carpoo is small and Italian and I have been a long time member on Fiat Forum and then half heartedly clicking around a few 'cento and Panda groups on Facebook despite really really not wanting to be on Facebook. Current fleet comprises one 1990 Panda Sergio Tacchini (in bits, requires tlc) one '03 Seicento sporting (working - yay! - although only for the last week), one '02 Seicento SX (broken, parts car now) and one '09 Panda (aka "the car" and definitely, definitely not a project.... for now)

20200904_100950.jpg

Show Grumbleweed immediately!!!

The best Mk2 panda ever.

5 minutes ago, Grumblespeed said:

Hello? Sadly GW's not so good at the minute, I'll get some pictures up later. You still got that Parade squirrelled away? Did you ever get it going uphill?

It's still in storage. But it gets worse.

Before it went into storage, I had to get a replacement carb fitted as the car would just accelerate by itself.

It was at the garage and it got towed into storage. Turns out the guy running the garage Pissed off with the owners money and fled to New Zealand. Several people found out, that the brakes they paid to have fitted.... Weren't fitted etc. So maybe it doesn't have the replacement carb. I don't know and it's been about 5 years in storage and it's Pissed all its fluids out over the years. It also had the radio ripped out at the garage and the bloke went "yeah that's been happening alot."

He gave me a better replacement, but it means the wires in the dash are all messed up as they yanked it out.

I have 2 Alessis and a mk3 4x4. Which are easier to live with.

Are you still south of the Humber?

1 hour ago, Aston Martin said:

Are you still south of the Humber?

Yours is on that "one day I'll get round to it" list too then. Shame about all the grief. Got shot of most of my injection stuff with Roofus sadly or I could have given you a throttle body. Yes I'm in Epworth, just off the M180 so not a million miles from you.

Promised Grumbleweed pics:

as was (2014 pic) and as he stands now.... bless 'im.

WP_20140525_005.jpg

20200915_094725.jpg

2 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

There was an immaculate Parade last year for £1200.

Mine costs me £360 a year in storage fees. 

At least you know what you've got. Wonder how many of these "immaculate" cars are really that clean when you start poking under the rear wheel arches. Keep the faith!?

Just wanted to say Hi. I've been lurking for a while. Currently running a 2009 Zafira 1.6 Design. In the opposite to @dollywobbler
my Vauxhall is a lowly engine in a higher spec. I know Zafiras are widely acknowledged as the worst of the worst in some circles but I rate it quite highly.

When we were looking for a seven seater 5 years ago I was determined not to get a Zafira but this one turned up with only 20k on the clock. It's still only on 47k so many years left in it yet (hopefully). It has never caused us any issues and has taken us to the continent many times. It is great for tip runs and general family battering. Saying that I do keep it clean and have just taken it onto myself to do most of the servicing myself. Have just changed all discs and pads, thank you YouTube! Less successful was the recent rust removal and repaint of the rear arch, but it's ok from 10ft!

Keep being drawn to looking on Ebay for general 1990s 2000s Rover products and would toying with the idea of a winter project. Would like a Rover 75 or Rover Streetwise. As you can see expensive exotics dont really float my boat!

Anyway hi

Jonoshep

7 hours ago, jonoshep said:

Just wanted to say Hi. I've been lurking for a while. Currently running a 2009 Zafira 1.6 Design. In the opposite to @dollywobbler
my Vauxhall is a lowly engine in a higher spec. I know Zafiras are widely acknowledged as the worst of the worst in some circles but I rate it quite highly.

When we were looking for a seven seater 5 years ago I was determined not to get a Zafira but this one turned up with only 20k on the clock. It's still only on 47k so many years left in it yet (hopefully). It has never caused us any issues and has taken us to the continent many times. It is great for tip runs and general family battering. Saying that I do keep it clean and have just taken it onto myself to do most of the servicing myself. Have just changed all discs and pads, thank you YouTube! Less successful was the recent rust removal and repaint of the rear arch, but it's ok from 10ft!

Keep being drawn to looking on Ebay for general 1990s 2000s Rover products and would toying with the idea of a winter project. Would like a Rover 75 or Rover Streetwise. As you can see expensive exotics dont really float my boat!

Anyway hi

Jonoshep

where you from jono?

Hello all, been lurking for a few years and actually joined somewhen last year (can't remember exactly when now).

Up till this year I've never owned vehicles newer than 12 years+ old, always done the small stuff on them and generally ars*d about with them (otherwise known as 'modifying' )

Became a father for the first time earlier this year (little boy, very very proud!) So did the unthinkable and leased a brand new Skoda estate which is utterly soulless and far too good at being a family car - but is extra safe for wife and child. 6 months with it and I'm positively crying out for something old and spannerable again!

Actually going to be doing a collection this Sunday to pick up a '98 Toyota Starlet from Kent so will do a collection thread if anyone is interested.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and picking the collective brains down the road.

Tom

Hellooo

Thanks for letting me in.

I have had much shite through the years and it's been great to see such shite appreciated.

My current shite is an 87 Reliant Rialto that I'm trying to get road worthy.

It came complete with tacky zebra print interior and a million spiders. Just waiting on a radiator and a few bits and bobs before I tax and insure it.

IMG_20200922_184332.jpg

IMG_20200922_184455.jpg

13 minutes ago, Custard said:

Hellooo

Thanks for letting me in.

I have had much shite through the years and it's been great to see such shite appreciated.

My current shite is an 87 Reliant Rialto that I'm trying to get road worthy.

It came complete with tacky zebra print interior and a million spiders. Just waiting on a radiator and a few bits and bobs before I tax and insure it.

IMG_20200922_184332.jpg

IMG_20200922_184455.jpg

Welcome! You are in exactly the right place for this... :-)

On 8/16/2020 at 10:32 AM, beko1987 said:

I've experienced it... My Zx buyer never posted again

Me too, and a good few years ago too.  My 323 buyer rocked up, paid the mega cheap price and was never seen or heard of again.  Still rankles with me.  It was a dead good car that I wanted to stay on the forum one way or another.