New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

23 hours ago, B4lljoints said:

Morning all!

Long term lurked breaking cover for the first time. I'm a serial Merc licker although I'm pretty partial to Italian stuff too.

I bought this thing as a short-termer... erm 4 years ago after selling my W124 and W123 coupe.

20200724_103344.jpg

Welcome

On 7/23/2020 at 9:44 PM, L fallax said:

Hey there fellas, account is approved and new to the forums?

Nice to meet yous.

Been working on getting my lagoon metallic Felly GLi into healthy condition over summer, hopefully getting it taxed and insured for the start of August (after a whole palava with the wrong VIN in a V62 document?)

Welcome you will fit in well

Greetings all from a recently joined member but long time (albeit temporary in most cases) guardian of many, many automotive icons of varying age and provenance over my rapidly advancing years.

My ‘career’ started with a Hillman Imp – a car that taught me a lot about vehicle maintenance – followed by a succession of memorable steeds.

Who can ever forget such gems as the Fiat Tipo that, due to a failed clutch and fading battery, had to be push started by the passenger at each stop, who then had to run alongside and throw himself into the car via the passenger door.

Or the Alfasud – gleaming on the drive as the prospective purchaser keenly examined the steed only to open the rear hatch where both hinges decided they needed to part company with the shell.

Or the rather collectible 1980 Mini Special with a huge thirst for oil that was quenched by feeding it used oil from oil changes from others in the fleet. Or the 1977 Mini 850 that suffered idler gear disintegration on one trip that announced my arrival back to the village from some 5 miles away as the gear eventually almost began to wear itself into the casing.

My long suffering wife, best described as ‘fair but cruel’, has never really come to accept my automotive taste and penchant for what others would have long given up on.   

On 7/28/2020 at 11:04 AM, LHM Leak said:

Hello Autoshiters!

I'm Alastair!

I have a Citroen Xsara Picasso called Nellie, hoping to be joined by a BX or a 2CV........or some other old Citroen!

On 7/24/2020 at 12:12 PM, B4lljoints said:

Morning all!

Long term lurked breaking cover for the first time. I'm a serial Merc licker although I'm pretty partial to Italian stuff too.

I bought this thing as a short-termer... erm 4 years ago after selling my W124 and W123 coupe.

20200724_103344.jpg

otter.jpg.e9b6eede916d2f4127caa7d868d2855a.jpg

Hi All,

New member saying Hello from Taunton, Somerset. I know a couple existing members hence joining. Always some interesting topics/info to be had.

I recently became custodian of my grandparents Mercedes Benz 190D so i'll be searching for info and posting a few things up in the hope some people are in the know. It's in Ireland still so I need to get back over and collect it sometime. Aside from that I have a constant flow of slightly newer stuff that comes and goes.

?

IMG_2516.JPG

9 hours ago, Con2K said:

Hi All,

New member saying Hello from Taunton, Somerset. I know a couple existing members hence joining. Always some interesting topics/info to be had.

I recently became custodian of my grandparents Mercedes Benz 190D so i'll be searching for info and posting a few things up in the hope some people are in the know. It's in Ireland still so I need to get back over and collect it sometime. Aside from that I have a constant flow of slightly newer stuff that comes and goes.

?

IMG_2516.JPG

what on the shelfs?

4 hours ago, Jim Bell said:

Hello Con2k. That looks absolutely outstanding man. Green is the colour of winners.  

Thanks buddy. I wasn't a fan of the colour when I was told it would be mine and I tried to recall the colour in my head, but seeing it in the flesh, with the red interior, it sparked something I wasn't expecting.

I'll be honest it's had a 2 copy wings and a polish but she's looking well for nearly 200k miles. I'll cover it in detail in the appropriate area.

11 hours ago, Con2K said:

Hi All,

?

IMG_2516.JPG

Willow Green....absolutely fantastic mate! Same colour as my first 190...Dibs 

9 hours ago, Con2K said:

Thanks buddy. I wasn't a fan of the colour when I was told it would be mine and I tried to recall the colour in my head, but seeing it in the flesh, with the red interior, it sparked something I wasn't expecting.

Holy shit, red interior as well? What a combo. 

That's living alright. 

22 hours ago, Con2K said:

Hi All,

?

IMG_2516.JPG

Wheeze this borin clownshoe?

On 7/31/2020 at 1:21 PM, Con2K said:

Hi All,

?

IMG_2516.JPG

What's the story on the Nuffy ? Oi loike tratters oi  does.

On 8/2/2020 at 2:09 PM, puddlethumper said:

What's the story on the Nuffy ? Oi loike tratters oi  does.

Not sure mate. There are atleast 4 and I didn't get a chance to look at them in detail unfortunately. All owned by the other side of the family. Some restored, some not.

Hello all. Long time lurker, known as Samage on some of the other automotive forums. Used to be on here, managed to lose my password AND no longer have access to the recovery email... doh! I only had 16 posts anyway, so why not go for a change? :D

Always loved a bit of shite, quite a keen shite spotter, currently drive a "shabby chic" (see also: scruffy) Mk1 Mazda MX5 which is a rolling resto, and have my first car in a lockup miles away from where I live, a 1971 VW Beetle in kit form (failed its MOT spectaularly 10 years ago, and been very slowly restoring it. Or more accurately, paying my mate to.) Previous convictions include a VW K70 (which was a basket case, sold to a restorer) and a 1991 Polo saloon (the only car I genuinely regret selling).

I also have a modern car, a 2017 Skoda Fabia which I won't mention much on here. At least not until it becomes shite, give it another 25 years or so, the Shitening shall befall it sooner or later. I actually don't hate moderns as many Shiters seem to, they have their place - taking the strain so my shite doesn't have to. :)

Anyway, hello!

20180805_201955.jpg

DSC_0004 (2).JPG

57 minutes ago, Russ_T said:

Thought I'd say hello. I've signed up so I can read my friend Pete's post

But it still won't let me read it. Ho hum, maybe if I post something.

HI Russ, Welcome to the wondrous world of Autoshite.

Perhaps if you go to my profile then you'll see the links via that.? 

Pete.

6 hours ago, Russ_T said:

Thought I'd say hello. I've signed up so I can read my friend Pete's post

But it still won't let me read it. Ho hum, maybe if I post something.

Welcome Russ, new members need to post ten times and then they are admitted into the open forum too  ?

Hello i have been approved so i thought i would say hello, i have always driven autoshite cars as i love the charm of a car that was made to be normal but then proves itself to be a lot of fun. I currently own a Ford Mondeo MK3 Edge and an ultra rare Peugeot 106 Aztec Si as featured on Furious Driving. I have lurked around for a while but then thought i should join so thank you for allowing me to.

On 8/11/2020 at 11:59 PM, brownnova said:

Welcome Russ, new members need to post ten times and then they are admitted into the open forum too  ?

Any chance we can apply something similar (perhaps stricter) to the for sale section? We seem to have an influx of people only joining to try and buy cheap shite with no interaction elsewhere.