New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

Hi all,

I was bought here by an Autoshite sticker on the back of a car I purchased a few years ago.

I tend to buy older cars with issues, fix them up cheap and then run them. I've also got a side hobby of sticking inappropriate engines in cars when I have the time (though young kids means I don't have the time at  the moment)

Current fleet is a 2005 Jag X type 2.0D on 195k, a 2006 Mondeo 2.0D Titanium X (with all the toys) on 190K, A streetka (tidying up for sale) and a Ka Van with 170bhp RS Turbo Engine (Parked up and not moved for a long time!) 

13 minutes ago, John Atwell said:

Hi all,

I was bought here by an Autoshite sticker on the back of a car I purchased a few years ago.

I tend to buy older cars with issues, fix them up cheap and then run them. I've also got a side hobby of sticking inappropriate engines in cars when I have the time (though young kids means I don't have the time at  the moment)

Current fleet is a 2005 Jag X type 2.0D on 195k, a 2006 Mondeo 2.0D Titanium X (with all the toys) on 190K, A streetka (tidying up for sale) and a Ka Van with 170bhp RS Turbo Engine (Parked up and not moved for a long time!) 

Welcome to the madhouse, it sounds like you will fit in well. I'd be interested to hear more about your fleet, would you consider doing a thread on them? 

Hi everybody. Not a newbie but I’ve not been on for a year and having ignored requests to update my email I can’t get on to my old account. Same name (just in caps sorry). Alas no A35 now which has left me heartbroken but it has been fully restored with metal instead of rust and is looking good. Still got my Series IIA Land Rover and dailying a Transit connect which I am deeply in love with, it is GR9. Will do a update later as have a few chodders to report on. 

sent from a horrible Scania 

On 5/21/2020 at 1:43 PM, LuxoBroke said:

Hello everyone, thought I'd introduce myself, I've been a long time lurker thought it was time I signed up! 

My current Shite Fleet contains, 

1990 Mercedes E230

2002 BMW 520

1987 Porsche 944

And 1978 MGB Roadster 

IMG_20200112_161458.jpg

IMG_20200511_181842.jpg

IMG_20200514_142921.jpg

IMG_20200503_135854.jpg

Nice Porker there. I have a 924 (I also have a 04 BMW 325)

On 5/26/2020 at 8:36 PM, mark-h said:

evening all. this site was recommended by a friend of mine. said I would fit right in with the cars i tend to buy lol.

At the moment I am inpossession of an Austin allegro estate that has been brush painted the wrong colour.  a beige poverty spec mk4 cortina. a brush painted transit van and a few mg rover vehicles including an MG ZT and an MG ZR

Yes, I think you'll be ok here ?

On 6/3/2020 at 9:34 PM, njic said:

Hi Nick...It would be great to meet you...pm me on UKS (llovegrace) when you might be in the area. Always welcome for a cuppa.

I had a UKS log in, sadly I've forgotten the password and not got a Saab at the moment... Would definitely have another if something came up when I need to change.

12 hours ago, Tim_E said:

I had a UKS log in, sadly I've forgotten the password and not got a Saab at the moment... Would definitely have another if something came up when I need to change.

If you ever want to return to UKS I can reset your password for you.

What do you mean, have another Saab? I think you meant to say "Have some more Saabs" :-)

8 hours ago, Saabnut said:

If you ever want to return to UKS I can reset your password for you.

What do you mean, have another Saab? I think you meant to say "Have some more Saabs" :-)

What I really want is a Saab 99 for weekends along side a 9-5 aero estate with some NoobTune goodness for work and family...

Handy to know, thanks. I'll take you up on that one day.

I'm Tim_E on there too.

You can see pictures of my 9-3 OG being towed away on my personal Spotted page here. If you want to be very sad.

Hi,

after owning and driving (in no particular order)

Trabant 601 (3 different ones)

Skoda 120L (AKA Estelle)

Fiat Uno 45 (2 different ones)

Fiat Tipo 1,4 (only one)

Fiat Punto 55S (but it was 5 dr !)

Citroen BX 1,6 (do not ask)

Renault Megane Mk. II 1,6 (do not ask)

Ford Focus 1,8 station wagon

Ford Focus 1,6 hatchback

Daihatsu 1000 CAB (seriously, imported from Switzerland)

Lancia Y 1,1 and 1,2

Ford Ka

I came to a conclusion mykarma says I have to own the winners of the "Car of the Year" competition. Some 20 yrs ago. To be continued.

But, seriously, what is wrong with Fiat Uno or Tipo or Punto?  Or Mk1 Focus?

Apart from rust?

Your wife nagging you about a decent* car?

Strange eyes you catch from local sweatsuit-wearing,  Das Auto-driving rednecks while shopping in rural Tesco?

Nothing, I tell you!

The fleet consists of Focus and Ka right now, but I hope it will return to its natural Italian composition very soon.

Because FIRE.

Hello everyone, after looking several times I thought it was best to explore properly around here and by joining up has let me..

Generally enjoy motoring from Japan (Japan in general has an interest) especially from their heyday in the late 80's-90's, especially Mitsubishi's, had a Lancer GLX and Galant GTi but like many of us some of it is just pure nostalgia, a keen teenage from the mid 80's had me drooling over the car mags

For now though I'm content with a '92 Saab 900T16s (so different and liked them since childhood, tried a 9000 but wanted a 900 itch lol) was a £700 MoT failure from Norwich, a '98 Mazda 323f ZXi with the V6, lovely engine and not a bad car, rust is a sod for older Mazda's and hopefully I've caught this one early, £400 locally but spent much time and money bringing it back. My pièce de résistance  is a '90 Daihatsu Charade GTti, had this for 14 years now and going to be buried in this thing haha... Hopefully after I've had a broken valve fixed, kinda tricky driving a misfiring 3 cylinder, amazed the valve bits didn't mess the piston or head up. So whilst I've having the head fixed up I'm going through the rest of it, snag is it's took so long to get the head actually fixed I've forgotten where most of the parts I've took off actually go, I didn't expect it take a year (so far!) to take the head off to getting it back.....

Keen to get into a Mitsubishi again though, like Cordia's Colt/Lancers but a special spot for Galant Sapporo's, even the name is fantastic!

Hello fellow Shiters!

I've been told I'd fit in here, and I think I will.

I like sheds in all shapes and sizes, but especially commie stuff and smiley Transits.

I currently own a bunch of stuff not worth mentioning, a 1999 Fiat 126p and a 1995 FSO Polonez Caro 1.6 GLI.

Me dad and I also currently own a couple of smiley Transits.

My 126 is completely sorted, my dad and I did a full frame-off restoration on it 5 years ago and it's been going strong ever since. My current project is to get the 1995 Polonez I bought earlier this month roadtrip ready, so one of my mates and I can drive it from Poland over to the UK (and back, obviously).

Hoping to find many hours of enjoyment on this forum.

This... is my new forum post, and today I'm going to be taking you through its quirks and features!

For the past year or so I've had @Ghosty badgering me to make an account, and I've finally taken the initiative and signed up.

Although I'm currently car-less, I'm forever on Auto Trader, finding cars with attractive purchase prices but potentially ruinous bills and catastrophic running costs. 

Looking forward to seeing what this place is all about and maybe making a few friends along the way! 

10 hours ago, Toe said:

Hello everyone, after looking several times I thought it was best to explore properly around here and by joining up has let me..

Generally enjoy motoring from Japan (Japan in general has an interest) especially from their heyday in the late 80's-90's, especially Mitsubishi's, had a Lancer GLX and Galant GTi but like many of us some of it is just pure nostalgia, a keen teenage from the mid 80's had me drooling over the car mags

For now though I'm content with a '92 Saab 900T16s (so different and liked them since childhood, tried a 9000 but wanted a 900 itch lol) was a £700 MoT failure from Norwich, a '98 Mazda 323f ZXi with the V6, lovely engine and not a bad car, rust is a sod for older Mazda's and hopefully I've caught this one early, £400 locally but spent much time and money bringing it back. My pièce de résistance  is a '90 Daihatsu Charade GTti, had this for 14 years now and going to be buried in this thing haha... Hopefully after I've had a broken valve fixed, kinda tricky driving a misfiring 3 cylinder, amazed the valve bits didn't mess the piston or head up. So whilst I've having the head fixed up I'm going through the rest of it, snag is it's took so long to get the head actually fixed I've forgotten where most of the parts I've took off actually go, I didn't expect it take a year (so far!) to take the head off to getting it back.....

Keen to get into a Mitsubishi again though, like Cordia's Colt/Lancers but a special spot for Galant Sapporo's, even the name is fantastic!

hi & welcome would love to see some pics of the 323f ZXi - is it a Special edition in green by any chance? Had many 323f's back in my youth.

On 6/24/2020 at 8:19 PM, Borsuq said:

I currently own a bunch of stuff not worth mentioning, a 1999 Fiat 126p and a 1995 FSO Polonez Caro 1.6 GLI.

I disagree, those two are extremely worth mentioning.  We as a forum, and me individually, will be especially keen to read every word and soak in every photo of the Polonez!  Just look at my avatar!

Welcome, everyone; especially, welcome back @MR SCRUFF!

Greetings Autoshite people! 

My real name is Steve and I have a bad case of car-owners virus, I used to frequent Pistonheads but found that it was rather hard to relate to the worship of shiny new supercars. 

I live with my partner and a small dangerous stripey cat some were in the Berkshire/Hampshire boarders, currently furloughed (until July) so I have been mostly tinkering with my cars for the last couple of months. I discovered Autoshite after watching Hubnut videos . 

I guess like most of us I started my motoring life in a cheap banger (£500 classic mini back in 1995) but unlike the majority I didn't move on to modern new cars, I have always scoured the classifieds for stuff that I think is interesting and cheap-ish. In recent years I have found My self in a position were I can run more than one car and it has snowball'ed a bit...

My current fleet consists of....

Subaru Forrester 2ltr (no turbo) bloody excellent all rounder and daily driver.

MX5 NB (mk2) high mileage, scratch paintwork, rusty wheel arches, leaky roof edition also daily driver.

Range Rover P38 DSE (diesel base spec) but tarted up a bit by a previous owner, winter car, SORN at the mo to save cash.

Reliant Scimitar GTE SE6A , just put back together and sort of on the road but loads  of teething issues .

MGB GT  -please forgive me, it was free! I have a bit of a soft spot for these as I had a rough one in my early twenties and when someone wanted this gone I couldn't resist, sadly there was a reason that it was free, it's more rust than car, it's going to take a lot of work.

Yamaha YBR 125 -last year I decided I was going to become a hairy added biker, passed my CBT (just) and bought a cheap 125. It then broke down, it broke down again and it's now parked up whilst I contemplate its future and wether I can really be bothered with it and biking? 

Keeping this lot sort of running is a financial juggling act to say the least!

14 hours ago, chaseracer said:

Witaj przyjacielu!

A, witam, witam! :D

2 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

I disagree, those two are extremely worth mentioning.  We as a forum, and me individually, will be especially keen to read every word and soak in every photo of the Polonez!  Just look at my avatar!

2 hours ago, Eyersey1234 said:

@Borsuq I also agree the Polonez and Fiat are worth mentioning. A friend of my mums had a Polonez in the mid 90s, come to think of it that's probably the only one I've ever seen on the road. 

I may have not expressed myself very cleary here. I meant to say that I own a bunch of stuff not worth mentioning (1998 MB CLK200K, share ownership of an Auris Hybrid and a D40 Navara) in addition to the 126 and the Polonez.

In any case, glad you guys like my sheds. :)

13 hours ago, jamiechod said:

hi & welcome would love to see some pics of the 323f ZXi - is it a Special edition in green by any chance? Had many 323f's back in my youth.

Thanks for the welcome :) Yes it is the special, though had the front seats redone as the leather was knackered, heated too so upgraded!  (And part flocked dash, MX5 steering wheel, remote central locking, total closure window system and an Alpine "digital" Commander stereo system, it's not digital, just a special headunit with all amp/receiver with CD changer in boot)

DSCF0079a.jpg

DSCF0088.JPG