New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

1 hour ago, LuxoBroke said:

@Eyersey1234 Thanks very much, its not too bad, it photographs well, it could really do with some paintwork, but I prefer it to be as it is and usable, rather than be mint and scared to take it out at all. 

I prefer cars to be useable too and not so pristine they don't get used. The MGB is the same colour as one my mum's cousin's had about 25 years ago. 

Hi everyone, I've been lurking far to long so thought It best to join in the fun.

Nothing notable shite wise at the moment, just a high mileage diesel Zafira, Vectra diesel estate and an ungrateful hateful bastard of a Shogun, so all prime shite in a few years/or now depending of your point of view!

I had a nice collection of tat a few years ago but life got in the way, but I'm thinking of having another go at it.

High/lowlights:

Mk1 Cavalier sportshatch

Mk3 2.0 laser Capri

Series 3 XJ6

Series 2 Daimler XJ6C - really regret letting this one go

Series 2 XJ6

Vauxhall Senator 2.5 A2

Vauxhall Victor 2.3 FE

Mk1 Fiesta

And quite a few more but this is the most I've ever typed on a public forum so I'll stop, as I do have a habit of going on...........

Cheers

Popsicle

On 5/15/2020 at 8:31 AM, njic said:

Hi Shiteonians...Use name of 'njic'  (not just incompetent) oh no...I'm also old grey fat & ugly aswell...I was always ugly but I wasn't always old ? I run a 1962 SAAB 2-stroke complete with cloads of blue smoke.

You will often see me chugging around S.E London/Kent rural areas and I reside in Biggin Hill. I always live for the old days...ho hum!   

Pictures! Pictures! We (well I) demand pictures!

Welcome to a fellow 2smoker

evening all. this site was recommended by a friend of mine. said I would fit right in with the cars i tend to buy lol.

At the moment I am inpossession of an Austin allegro estate that has been brush painted the wrong colour.  a beige poverty spec mk4 cortina. a brush painted transit van and a few mg rover vehicles including an MG ZT and an MG ZR

Hello all, I'm Rob! I live in beautiful north east Scotland but I'm actually from Southport. Moved up here just over a year ago and I'm bloody loving it. 

I have a keen interest in the crushingly dull and outstandingly ordinary and would much rather own an Austin Allegro than anything fast and sporty.

Anyway, nice to be here.

38 minutes ago, Gag Halfrunt said:

Hello all, I'm Rob! I live in beautiful north east Scotland but I'm actually from Southport. Moved up here just over a year ago and I'm bloody loving it. 

I have a keen interest in the crushingly dull and outstandingly ordinary and would much rather own an Austin Allegro than anything fast and sporty.

Anyway, nice to be here.

Welcome, ooh an Allegro you will fit in well 

23 minutes ago, Brandon94 said:

Hi all,I'm Brandon, live in Settle, North yorks, drive a 93 polo breadvan, my first and only car even if it is shit, been watching HubNut for a good few years so thought was about time i joined he forum.
f75a178fda5f68b6a281397b8884d4e6.jpg

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Chodtastic Polo you have there, my dad had a couple years ago, a red A reg one then a couple of years later a blue D reg one

Chodtastic Polo you have there, my dad had a couple years ago, a red A reg one then a couple of years later a blue D reg one
I'd love a early mk2 myself, they suffer like alot of old VW do with owners that only care about "scene points" and alot of good cars parted out.
Surprisingly practical as well, no rear seats in mine, I've carted essentially another polo in the back minus the chassis and panels. Interesting journey to say the least.44a7fcfc17cc42a70b208829867f61e2.jpg

evening all- been lurking for a while, made an account in feb and promptly forgot the password. currently drive the most wonderful renault clio with a mighty 1.2 litre engine propelling it along. also owned a honda civic areodeck for a month last year (almost a year ago actually), but didnt reallly enjoy it because it cost over 1k which is a little much for me lmao. the clio has been tastefully* modified, adding 50bhp

20190715_171826.jpg

20200527_201027.jpg

6 hours ago, Brandon94 said:

Hi all,I'm Brandon, live in Settle, North yorks, drive a 93 polo breadvan, my first and only car even if it is shit, been watching HubNut for a good few years so thought was about time i joined he forum.

Your first car is always the greatest of all. Even if it’s a bit shit. Welcome aboard ?

On 5/25/2020 at 7:24 AM, Saabnut said:

Pictures! Pictures! We (well I) demand pictures!

Welcome to a fellow 2smoker

Hi Saabnut...Sorry for late reply...been away from site for a bit...The Bullnose is an ex-'john saab' from Worthing East Sussex. I've had her (named Camilla) for around ten years now. I would love to see your stroker. There are quite a few in Scotland I believe.

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0001.JPG

8 hours ago, njic said:

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0001.JPG

So it was you who stole Camilla from under me was it! :-) I went to see John with a view to buying Camilla. I loved the car but decided for once to be sensible, and said I would think about it rather than do my usual impetuous buy. By the time I decided to buy, John told me I had been beaten to it. Glad to see she still looks superb. If you decide to sell, please give me first refusal! Sadly I am away from home at the moment so do not have many pictures with me but my two stroker is a little different...

Sonett.thumb.jpg.24e0f5f3a44629faa4f3e31fe96c54a4.jpg

What a beautiful Sonett (sorry if I have mis-spelt the name). I would love to have the stroker version like yours. From memory (and that doesn't say much) John told me that you brought a trailer down as well.

Are you JW ? Can't remember what John said now. Keep well and I hope that we can talk soon.

1 hour ago, EddieCochran said:

Hi my name's Jeff :) Nice to be here to read everyone's posts.I'd love to own an older car and hopefully will in the near future.A 1950's frogeye sprite and a 1970's Ford Cortina Mk3 GXL four door would be cool :)

Welcome to the forum. 

On 5/30/2020 at 9:34 AM, njic said:

What a beautiful Sonett (sorry if I have mis-spelt the name). I would love to have the stroker version like yours. From memory (and that doesn't say much) John told me that you brought a trailer down as well.

Are you JW ? Can't remember what John said now. Keep well and I hope that we can talk soon.

Close, I am Nick W (TFatC on UKSaabs) and John is correct, I had a classic car garage in those days and I had just delivered a car to a customer in Brighton, hence the trailer. I really regret not buying your car at the time, it is filed as "one that got away".

My brother lives in Crawley so maybe one day we can get Camilla and my Sonett together for back to back runs, the Sonett is "tweaked" so is very different from any other two stroke I have driven.

On 5/27/2020 at 3:43 PM, Brandon94 said:

I spent 3 years living in Long Preston....it was great in summer. 

14 hours ago, Saabnut said:

Close, I am Nick W (TFatC on UKSaabs) and John is correct, I had a classic car garage in those days and I had just delivered a car to a customer in Brighton, hence the trailer. I really regret not buying your car at the time, it is filed as "one that got away".

My brother lives in Crawley so maybe one day we can get Camilla and my Sonett together for back to back runs, the Sonett is "tweaked" so is very different from any other two stroke I have driven.

Hi Nick...It would be great to meet you...pm me on UKS (llovegrace) when you might be in the area. Always welcome for a cuppa.

Hello all   o/

Arrived here via HubNut's yt channel, he's probably guilty for quite a bit of that...

A little car history:

The best value car I ever owned was a '94 205 1.4 CFI, £250 at the block, with a £40 fee. Ran it for 9 years, and the only non-consumables bill I had was £50 for a new gearbox end cover that had rusted through and was weeping oil.

The worst value car I ever had was an '04 BMW 320 2.2 touring. Cost me two bags and conked in months with an "undiagnosable" engine fault.

The most fun car I ever had was a '98 Celica GT, and with the 18" rims with Conti Sport Contacts it cornered unbelievably well, and it's where my forum nick comes from... it's also the only car that got me flashed, 37mph in a 30 zone, in 1st gear... that engine just loved to rev!

The dullest car I ever had was an '06 Primera 1.8 petrol. The most interesting thing about it was the fog-bank it generated if the oil was topped up enough to make the oil level warning light go out.

My current steed is an '07 Veccy CDTi 120bhp saloon. It was £800 a couple of years or so ago, and has been pretty good, though it seeps oil out of the pressure switch, a common issue I believe, and recently the gear selector rods fell off the ball joints, in 4th gear, which given I live in a hilly area caused a few moments of utter panic until I could get under the bonnet and cable-tie them back together.

I've not yet had the courage to own an Alfa-Romeo, so according to Clarkson I'm not a true petrolhead. Some day maybe...

My dream garage:

'59 Caddy Coupe DeVille

TA22 Celica GT

R32 GT-R N1

Dolly Sprint

E Type 4.2 Coupe

I better stop, the list would go on for pages...

Looking forward to getting to know some fellow petrolheads here!

20 hours ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

Hello all   o/

Arrived here via HubNut's yt channel, he's probably guilty for quite a bit of that...

A little car history:

The best value car I ever owned was a '94 205 1.4 CFI, £250 at the block, with a £40 fee. Ran it for 9 years, and the only non-consumables bill I had was £50 for a new gearbox end cover that had rusted through and was weeping oil.

The worst value car I ever had was an '04 BMW 320 2.2 touring. Cost me two bags and conked in months with an "undiagnosable" engine fault.

The most fun car I ever had was a '98 Celica GT, and with the 18" rims with Conti Sport Contacts it cornered unbelievably well, and it's where my forum nick comes from... it's also the only car that got me flashed, 37mph in a 30 zone, in 1st gear... that engine just loved to rev!

The dullest car I ever had was an '06 Primera 1.8 petrol. The most interesting thing about it was the fog-bank it generated if the oil was topped up enough to make the oil level warning light go out.

My current steed is an '07 Veccy CDTi 120bhp saloon. It was £800 a couple of years or so ago, and has been pretty good, though it seeps oil out of the pressure switch, a common issue I believe, and recently the gear selector rods fell off the ball joints, in 4th gear, which given I live in a hilly area caused a few moments of utter panic until I could get under the bonnet and cable-tie them back together.

I've not yet had the courage to own an Alfa-Romeo, so according to Clarkson I'm not a true petrolhead. Some day maybe...

My dream garage:

'59 Caddy Coupe DeVille

TA22 Celica GT

R32 GT-R N1

Dolly Sprint

E Type 4.2 Coupe

Welcome, but what happened to your typewriter? Colour washed out and lettering too small for this old codger.

2 hours ago, Remspoor said:

Welcome, but what happened to your typewriter? Colour washed out and lettering too small for this old codger.

fixed? it for him/you so hopefully you can read it better :) 

23 hours ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

Hello all   o/

A little car history:

My dream garage:

'59 Caddy Coupe DeVille

TA22 Celica GT

R32 GT-R N1

Dolly Sprint

E Type 4.2 Coupe

(yay for paste in plain text LOL)