New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

20 hours ago, Kade said:

Hi, I'm Kade, I joined because of some friends on here. I've been driving my first car, an '05 Civic 1.6 5dr SE, since May 2018. Hoping to replace it with a cheap older (80s-90s) car after lockdown

Civ.thumb.jpg.3ac5c981ef00f5d2be5fed5acbfc348e.jpg

welcome kade , where you from?

Good evening shiters and thank you for the add , being here was really an accident as during lockdown an old episode of Randall and hopkirk deceased had a victor RXD996f being pursued by a baddie in Rxd 997f also a victor , then the following morning an aged episode of minder saw a car chase with Capri SLE71R go into a car chase as a mk3 Capri and emerge as a mk2 I then started to research cars and television and read your whole article on ford press cars in the the late seventies with the HK number plates and so here I am , 

as I have worked in the motor industry all my life man and boy my personal cars have been many and varied and excluding company cars so here goes 

mini 3165dw 

AUSTIN 1100  OVO681L

alfasud cloverleaf Auh ,,,,,,t

granada 2.0lauto utd331t 

capri gt Xlr OWP453L

xj6 ABC40K 

xj6 KAL540N

cavalier AFD238S 

CAVALIER SRI TKG488Y 
GRANADA 2’3 GL URK153X 
cortina 2.0gl GAX8W
cortina auto SLW693W

GRANADA 3,0 coupe RKG5R 

FIAT 131 reg number forgot 

ROVER 2600  A260WAX 

PORSCHE 911 NLU913V 

CAPRI 2.8 B393BCY 

volvo 145 reg number forgot 

ORION 1.6i GHIA D960YGM 

Land Rover 88 “ PAX426F 

Triumph Stag JRD 973L 

XJS HAB303S 

xj8 J6 DHP 

DB7   N3 ATS 

I currently have a pair of s2000 Honda Both very nice  and a Land Rover 1979 series 2 all up and together and on the road 

basically if I like it I buy it  .i will always try and make them tidy and good to own and will only sell when another is in my sight s , happy to share knowledge , advise and be taken the Piss out of !!!  For my car choices have some pictures mostly very  recent , feel free to get in touch 

Dave 

Hi there,

My names TheMokrite and I'm a Shite-a-holic. It started when I was a young boy and I've been battling it ever since. 

My first car was a Vectra SRi I bought off my dad, followed by a Celica GT-4 not much later (which barely ran - this is a theme). Now 11 years later I've had over 35 vehicles (approx) and at least 10 of them ran well, everything from a Chinese 125cc to a Micra, to an Impreza WRX, oh and that one automatic Saxo, but let's not talk about that one. Bought a Kia Pride from @cms206 and that was my introduction to you lot.

Mostly pootle about Dundee way with @stereotype and utilising @Tickman's ability to point out the obvious bit i missed 3 hours into trying to bleed brakes on my Frankenstein's monster (Long story, much feels).

Current vehicles
Frankenweenie - 2017/2012 Lexmoto Assault/WK125RR/Shite from amazon 125cc... thing...
AJ - 2019 (yes on a 69 plate) Lexmoto Isca 125cc
Unnamed project number 2 - 1995 XJ600 Diversion (pretty sure it was an 'S' but didn't come with much in way of... well... motorbike)

As you can probably see I have a mildly unhealthy relationship with the 2 wheeled death machines, though only 1/3 are on road and I would prefer a fraction that Meatloaf would approve of at least.

I was here once before, couldn't login for some reason, really wanted to be Seen Through Glass but more Hubnut so I'm back. Daily is a Rover 25, Sunday car is a Austin Minivan and as a lockdown project I thought I wanted to go camping so bought a Mazda Bongo, bought a new welder at the same time turns out I'd have been better off with an engine crane.

minivan3.jpg

4 hours ago, TheMokrite said:

Hi there,

My names TheMokrite and I'm a Shite-a-holic. It started when I was a young boy and I've been battling it ever since. 

My first car was a Vectra SRi I bought off my dad, followed by a Celica GT-4 not much later (which barely ran - this is a theme). Now 11 years later I've had over 35 vehicles (approx) and at least 10 of them ran well, everything from a Chinese 125cc to a Micra, to an Impreza WRX, oh and that one automatic Saxo, but let's not talk about that one. Bought a Kia Pride from @cms206 and that was my introduction to you lot.

Mostly pootle about Dundee way with @stereotype and utilising @Tickman's ability to point out the obvious bit i missed 3 hours into trying to bleed brakes on my Frankenstein's monster (Long story, much feels).

Current vehicles
Frankenweenie - 2017/2012 Lexmoto Assault/WK125RR/Shite from amazon 125cc... thing...
AJ - 2019 (yes on a 69 plate) Lexmoto Isca 125cc
Unnamed project number 2 - 1995 XJ600 Diversion (pretty sure it was an 'S' but didn't come with much in way of... well... motorbike)

As you can probably see I have a mildly unhealthy relationship with the 2 wheeled death machines, though only 1/3 are on road and I would prefer a fraction that Meatloaf would approve of at least.

Welcome stranger ?

On 5/9/2020 at 10:29 PM, Minivan said:

I was here once before, couldn't login for some reason, really wanted to be Seen Through Glass but more Hubnut so I'm back. Daily is a Rover 25, Sunday car is a Austin Minivan and as a lockdown project I thought I wanted to go camping so bought a Mazda Bongo, bought a new welder at the same time turns out I'd have been better off with an engine crane.

minivan3.jpg

That Mini is beautiful!

welcome aboard. 

Hi Shiteonians...Use name of 'njic'  (not just incompetent) oh no...I'm also old grey fat & ugly aswell...I was always ugly but I wasn't always old ? I run a 1962 SAAB 2-stroke complete with cloads of blue smoke.

You will often see me chugging around S.E London/Kent rural areas and I reside in Biggin Hill. I always live for the old days...ho hum!   

Hello Shiters

Glad to be a member - been lurking for a long time. Quick bio:

I fell into this forum by way of reading the TruckShite thread which I had arrived at whilst reminiscing internally about our old Marsden Vanplan mini-pantechnicon. (21 foot long, AWD  TL, Perkins Diesel, 5 speed box - the last of the dinosaurs). Then I started reading all the other Shite available and realised I'm a Shiter too.......

Been 'officially' driving since 1980 and got to drive a right old mix of stuff for the village garage (to/from MoTs etc etc). Prior to that tractors/Land Rovers/junk on farm. Went through a lengthy period of buying dodgy trade in rubbish at car auctions (back when I lived closer than 80 miles to one or two).

Shitiest cars were probably:

Volvo 340 with the Renault petrol engine (£60 out of Bedford Auctions). B*stard to start when hot. Field stripped carb twice in France then made it to the ferry running on full choke. Scapped thereafter. Lasted a year that one.
Renault Safrane, 2 litre, 12 valve petrol (Yes - 12 valves on 4 cylinders) (£200 out of Exeter and I thought I'd bought a Laguna never heard of a Safrane). Ran for two years with no problems other than absolutely no power under 2000 rpm in any gear (ever). Sold it when we moved to hillier country.
Mondeo 1.8 petrol, automatic (£180). Mea culpa - killed it screwing up a cambelt change almost immediately. 
Volvo 440 - bought off eBay, OK car but I just hated driving it awful thing - flogged it at Exeter Auctions and picked up a Laguna estate (much better car).

Best shite :
Ssangyong Musso (P Reg) 3.2 petrol, automatic with LPG - bought that for £650 as a 'stopgap' towcar and ran it for four years until rear subframe gave up.

Runner up: 
Mk IV 2 litre Cortina Estate with hammered out front wing (£200, replaced clutch then sold for £450 - Happy Days).

Currently running a 'posh' car for us - 2010 Subaru Outback with the CVT transmission (came out of Leominster Car Auctions last year). Even changed the cambelt without killing this one. Lot of car for not a lot of money but currently SORN due to lockdown. Shame as the Subaru Power Sledge is an awesome car if you really push it (and petrol is sooooo cheap at the moment). Means I get to drive the wife's Mini R55 once a week to town - I look great on pink leather.........

EyesWeldedShut? I'd just finally invested in one of those auto-dimming welding masks when the Ssanyong went. Never used it until last week when I finally fixed the garden gate - joys of lockdown......

Hi Shiters

I'm new to the forum and a bit new to the game of burning through bargain high millage motors, so bare with me. I'm sure there will be some laughable, most definitely hands to the head moments with anything I undertake or purchase.

The tred-marks of shite cars left over the years by me is testament to the fact it will all end in swear words and the shaking of heads in disbelief. Although some seemed good at the time, others not so but among them were VW Polo, Ford Capri Laser 2L, Sierra 2i DOHC (a pokey beast of a motor), too many XR2's, Mini Van, a fun Land Rover 1969 Series II... the list goes on and ends in a col de sac.

Currently the proud owner of a 2003 Golf SDI Mk4, hence my username in reverse. I wanted something cheap, very reliable and cheap. It ticks all the boxes for me. As a bonus it also helped to improve my driving. The thing is so damn slow you dare not take any risks in it.

I've my eye on a couple of cars, one being a Golf Mk4 1.9 TDI the other being a Jaguar X-type diesel estate. A Golf TDI has just come up and I'm waiting on a reply from the seller. The car would make a great project for myself and my 10 year old son so I'm hoping to get this one. Having had one before they are great little cars.

Hopefully I can learn from you guys what to watch out for. While looking to you for the "get out of jail free card" with any unforeseen head scratching moments I should encounter.  I've been lurking in the sump pan of this forum for a while, and having learnt a few things already I've also felt the pain, laughed and read "freds" with great interest with some forum members and their projects.

In return l hope to bring a bit of fun and interest to the forum.

spacer.png

Already half-introduced myself in another thread, but will do it once more with feeling for the sake of formalities:

Hello esteemed league of shedders, bargers and shitters. I’m a 28 year accountant from Northern Ireland - as far as Tinder bios go, this is one of the sexier ones I’ve come up with. I’ve been driving for 13 years (thanks for Florida for letting adolescents operate heavy machinery - as a 15 year old, I was licensed to drive any vehicle with a gross weight of 26,000lbs. Mind boggling). From there, I’ve driven all manner of shonky skips-on-wheels, ranging from a big-block ‘74 Ford Ranchero to a manual mid-90s Mustang Cobra via some old Lexus LS’ and E-Classes.

When I passed my test over here, I set about committing my own automotive deviancies; I had a ‘90 Range Rover Vogue with the 3.9 and a non-functioning first gear (which, with an auto, is a right pain in the dick), which got booted and replaced with a ‘95 Mitsubishi FTO that kept seizing brake callipers. It was an auto too, a merit which won it the award of “Most God-Awful Engine-Gearbox Pairing In The History Of Engine-Gearbox Pairings, Maybe Ever”. It also got waved on its merry way and replaced with an E36 328i, with a rattle can paint job performed by one of its 18(!) previous owners in its 190k miles. It also bit the dust. Then I had a Ford Puma with the 1.7 Yamaha engine for the sum total of a week before the rozzers pulled me over to inform me that the reputable gentleman I had bought it off had himself procured it without the previous owner’s consent, so it was taken away to the great scrappy in the sky.

Given that all of the above happened in the space of 10 months, when an elderly relative gifted me an ‘07 Focus 1.6 Titanium I decided that maybe risky picks weren’t my style, and that I should play it sensible. That’s exactly what I did, for 5 years and 72k miles. It was a fine slogger, giving no issues outside of routine maintenance. However, I decided that I was fed up of having a rainy day fund and so flogged the Focus to my sister-in-law and so have found myself back in a BMW, this time an ‘04 525i Touring with mileage the wrong side of 167,000. I’ve owned it 3 months, which it’s spent 40% off not working, owing to electrical gremlins that slowly but surely killed everything that it needed until finally the alternator said “Nah bruv, I’m done”. Got that replaced - had a bit of free time come up recently - and now she’s purring like an elderly asthmatic cat, as the cam sensor’s shot and an airbag light’s come on, and the blower doesn’t work, and the rear light cluster keeps blowing bulbs, and the TPW keeps thinking there’s a puncture, and, and, and....

It’s either great that I’ve found a society of similarly-afflicted individuals, or it’ll be a dreadful enabler. Either way, goes to show that fools seldom differ. Now, if anyone can point me in the direction of an automatic Safrane or XM then that’d be greatly appreciated.