New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

Yes aware that Princess Anne has had a lot more than the one Scimitar people seem to think & yes correct I believe she does still have one of the later Middlebridge Scimitars.?

Some of the things people have said after seeing me driving the scimitar about glass fibre cars or reliants in general is shocking & really does show how little some of the population really do know about things.?

Some of the comments I really struggle not to burst out laughing at the people who stand there telling me.?

Even worse is some of them actually really do believe they are correct. Only last year a oldish guy told me to sell the scimitar as it would set on fire as fibre glass cars always do.

He really struggled with being told I have owned more than a few reliants, along with a couple of other glass fibre cars, and non of them had set on fire.

Over the years my family have owned more reliants than I can remember, my mother used to get a new 3 wheeler every 2 or 3 years &.. At that point we had 3 cars between us all reliants shortly after I passed my driving test in mid 80's.

The reliant obsession started when I came along as my mother only had a motorcycle licence & instead of getting a new bike every so often she ended up getting a new 3 wheeler of one form or the other.

She crashed more than a few of them over the years too which meant some were with us for a shorter time than expected?

14 hours ago, Smoll Floatylight said:

I have only been on the forum for a couple of month but have been a member of the forum since Jan 1st 2019 and have been to many 5 or so different autoshite events in the last year

Glad you’ve started posting Smoll_floaty! Welcome to the mad house... 

23 hours ago, Smoll Floatylight said:

I have only been on the forum for a couple of month but have been a member of the forum since Jan 1st 2019 and have been to many 5 or so different autoshite events in the last year

Sent from my 5039D_EEA using Tapatalk

Hereby renamed SFL.

Hey all,

Back again after a few years hiatus. Fair to say have been on a bit of a bender, life happened and got a bit fucked up though mostly in a good way all things said and done. Remembered this place and been enjoying the read so thought I’d jump back in. User name, password and a whole load of other shite lost in the sandpit of life but fucking hey, it’s an all new me. Onwards and upwards or sideways at least/best/ fuck it man were ever descending who gives a shit.

projects have been on stall and loss of storage is a prick. Fleets condensed of late and still need to find a home for ex stinkwheels  ‘tina which is a massive kick in the cock. Had to scrap my mk5 transit as council objected to it being used as a shed. Ongoing battle on that one and unfortunately they last came and checked up the day after the family runabout Megane had undergone open gear bag clutch surgery and communal drive was a two and eight. Knew the Megane was out of test but not my mk7 tranny too (need to sort that txt mot reminder, too many vehicles and too little brain) all three got 7 day impound notice plus the fuckers want to pull my garages down. Should get another lock up on the back of this, hopefully a dry one though need to condense three into one which means bye bye cortina as the 15 or so 2 wheelers and none throwable tat will fill that space and offer more in resale. Got made redundant last year and been working casual till before Xmas when nailed my fingers with a skill saw so every penny counts at the mo as statutory lost ya job funds are dwindling fast. Been a hectic few weeks round here, nearly there can see the light. Must’t grumble.

current crap on the road;

58 plate Megane mk2 - freebie from my  folks as worth fa on trade in for jimmy that the old man rolled into a ditch. He said it turns out it was shit off road as slid in mud, was late at night on way home from pub on the back lanes Sonia anyone’s guess. The Rena is love hate, had a 1.4 derv sport as a breaker so the dynamic now has full leather WHAT plus four windows that go up and down on the button WHAT WHAT. Appreciation showed it’s face in shitting the clutch then repeatedly disconnecting it’s why the fuck would you do that two piece bonnet pull cable despite me using copious zip ties in vain. Pretty much sums that one up.

mk7 transit

again a gift as mate got pissed off with the beep this vans unlocked notification after some heavy arse lorry parts modded the side door. Rusty (do they make them so?), needs a few bits though the best van I’ve had so well chuffed.

r1100gs

current bike shite. Bought for an off-road jaunt round Europe last year on the proviso I sold it on return. Knew it was a keeper on first site and the TET, alps, summer of love heat wave cemented that good and proper.

said mk5 cortina (cry) a heap of 80s and 90s on and off road Moto’s, early 90s caravan plus push bikes and a skate board or two and that’s me. 

Cus any spelling, I am not clever in that way plus it’s late and may of had a shandy.

Anyway, that’s enough of that. Good to be back.

peas out 

3 hours ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Welcome @juular I'm sure you will fit in well. What chod do you own? 

Thanks @Eyersey1234

My current object of frustration is a gen7 Celica that decided to have a little sit down while I was driving it.

spacer.png

The subframe collapsed and wishbone separated, 2 weeks after being given its 12 month ticket. To be fair it is very difficult to see where the damage happens as it is largely hidden. Thankfully I was only doing 20 at the time. 

I'm going to be stripping the whole underside down as currently it looks like it has been salvaged from the Atlantic and has several holes. I don't know if a gen7 is too modern to post a thread on.

My other ride was a shit Renault trafic but I have since swapped it for a significantly less chodly one, so I will keep that one to myself.

On 2/29/2020 at 10:41 AM, juular said:

Hi. I've been lurking a while after hearing this place referred to on retro rides. I may post some stuff as I learn to weld and inevitably electrocute myself and set fire to my things.

Welcome! Judging by your name and profile pic, I'd say you're a fan of Devin Townsend?

I bet there was a srunch mark in your seat after that happened in the Celica

3 hours ago, Llessur said:

I’m new here. I live in Adelaide in South Australia but am originally from the megalopolis known as Brighton back in the UK. I love buying shite cars, spending loads of time and money on them and then selling them at a massive loss. I think my wife hates me.

Welcome, I'm from Horsham not the Australian one, the Sussex one up from Brighton.... Have you seen any Sigma or Magna's out there the same as my one, I've heard they are a bit more common out there than over here, parts might be needed!!! 

Fk fk fk where do my pictures keep disappearing to.... Anyway its an early to mid 90s wagon / estate 3.0 v6 6g72 

Ah Horsham, I remember it fondly. Please pass on my regards.

There are loads of Magnas out here, nothing really rusts very much unless you're up north in the wet areas. It's weird though - even shite boxes hold their value so much better out here than back in the UK. I've had to get used to dropping a couple of grand on old tat that I could have almost had for free back home. Such are the burdens of living in His Majesty's Colonies.

Taking a walk round a scrap yard is a devastating affair with literally hundreds of rust-free classics that would fetch thousands back home just weighed in for a couple of hundred bucks. Found this little beauty the other day. Almost mint ?

IMG_20181124_092028313.thumb.jpg.644ed658c8780b2b7d4258b80a028565.jpg

IMG-20181124-WA0004.thumb.jpeg.1c4198e8a68f3d3505d690da575bc962.jpeg

Hello everyone, I assume this is the equivalent of walking into a room where everyone is sat in a circle and admitting to an addiction. Well here we go... I have been obsessed with cars for as far back as I can remember, at around 5 years old I remember being very upset with my father for part exchanging his 1600E for a Viva. Since then the Cortina has been my favourite car. I have never desired a Porsche or Ferrari but prefer the cars generally overlooked.  I have very little interest in new cars and prefer those from the 60’s to very early eighties. It is reassuring to see other people here with over twenty cars as it helps me fool myself into thinking I am not as odd as most people seem to think.

As well as my collection of Cortina’s I have a couple of Granada’s , a series 1 XJ6 and TVR Chimera. Our modern cars which seem to be acceptable on here also are a Panda with a sky dome, a mk4 mondeo, Volvo 740 estate and a Seicento. 
I don’t think I have a problem with buying cars but may have a problem with selling them!

Oh, and I also bought a Citroen CX yesterday which inspired my username.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2020 at 1:19 AM, mitsisigma01 said:

Welcome, I'm from Horsham not the Australian one, the Sussex one up from Brighton.... Have you seen any Sigma or Magna's out there the same as my one, I've heard they are a bit more common out there than over here, parts might be needed!!! 

Fk fk fk where do my pictures keep disappearing to.... Anyway its an early to mid 90s wagon / estate 3.0 v6 6g72 

I hired a Magna 20 years ago in Oz. Did a lot of miles in it. Thirsty and rather slow considering the engine size is all I really remember if for.  Think it was a 2.4 or 2.6 four cylinder.  I have a picture somewhere, I'll dig it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Ey Up..hey this is Rab again...perhaps i might be remembered from a few years ago...mainly my New Zealand spot-scrapyard photography.Since i had a hiatus from here..ive lived in the Highlands -2013-18...then that went all dark and pear shaped as usual for me...entertained myself with stupidly buying a rotten old Rover P5B Coupe off Arran..lost some cash..sold the bits off..and now Ive moved back to the Rheinland-Germany nr Trier and am residing with two smart inmates in a palatial residence in a small village nr Trier. So..ill keep this short as long explanations arent really my forte. I was back in New Zealand this last winter-their summer..and i overloaded myself with automotive purchases..some great..some bad....and their now all in the capable hands of my engineer mate in Wellington. So hey old crew..hi to everyone else...

Hi,

Andy from Devon (Born Brighton),owner of a Disco 2 (I know..) and Saab 9-3 tid vector sport (stage 1 remap).

Found this via good ol' Hubnut vids and love it!

New cars suck and so enjoy the retro vibe and love for all things oily and especially the Citroen and Merc stuff.

Recently sold my CLS320 cdi (a tough decision for sure,what a car!)

Look forward to being part of the forum and looking for a Merc/big Citroen project.( saab is my only collateral)

Anyway at this time BE SAFE FOR SMEG SAKE !!!(Dwarfer too)

Andy

Long time lurker and have finally decided to introduce myself. The name is Ginger and i weld and paint shite, currently restoring a 68 Triumph Herald 13/60 but it's not one for the purists (bike carbs, big cam, alloy rad, Porsche Riviera Blue etc) I mainly do damaged shite but it's usually modernz and very dull.