New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

19 hours ago, loserone said:

Those land cruiser Prados are very appealing, like an LS400 with 4x4.  Shame they seem to rust so badly over here.

That is a shame. On a recent holiday to the UK I only saw one, in Scarborough. Reliable motors if not a little agricultural.

Bonjour.. I've been lurking here for a while. Enjoy the various threads and looking at the for sale stuff.  I know quite a bit about Yank stuff and like my German & Swede Stuff...   Thought I should say Hello.?

I deal with parts for a living , Give me a part number I'll cross ref it and find an alternative and due to work I source some rare NOS stuff from around the globe for my customers.

I run a Golf with the PD 105 , the one liable to chuck a rod but it munches the miles like a goodun with a Solid 50mpg... needs a DMF ideally but thats a job for another day.

Head says lifes to short and I should be in a late  S80 D5 or an E250/350 CDi  F11 530d but I'm too tight and my mileage has dropped from 60k to 15K a year so  its stick to what I know....  I keep looking at C220 CDis as I reckon I could buy a shitter run it for a year loose very litlle , rinse repeat... One on Ebay tonight with Injector blowing...    Easy Peasy but I restrained myself.

Missus thinks I'm nuts as I spend too much time on Copart & Synetiq and websites like this?

How do folks, directed here from PH after lots of tales of sheds, roffles and smoker barges. Jag man by background- I have had 2x x350XJ (petrol and derv), and XF 4.2 SV8, and an XFR which was a beast til it skipped its timing chain then a nightmare, and latterly a lease XF which is horrifically boring but reliable. I did also go halves with my little brother on an LS400 a few years back which was the closest thing to a V8 powered sofa I have ever driven. The lease XF is going back next week so time to go back to the sheds of my youth. After lots of searching for a suitable R8 rovers, 90s EG civics etc I think I have settled on a Honda Prelude- 90s tat at its finest. Going to have a look (and hopefully buy) tomorrow. 

How do folks, directed here from PH after lots of tales of sheds, roffles and smoker barges. Jag man by background- I have had 2x x350XJ (petrol and derv), and XF 4.2 SV8, and an XFR which was a beast til it skipped its timing chain then a nightmare, and latterly a lease XF which is horrifically boring but reliable. I did also go halves with my little brother on an LS400 a few years back which was the closest thing to a V8 powered sofa I have ever driven. The lease XF is going back next week so time to go back to the sheds of my youth. After lots of searching for a suitable R8 rovers, 90s EG civics etc I think I have settled on a Honda Prelude- 90s tat at its finest. Going to have a look (and hopefully buy) tomorrow. 
Welcome! Plenty of love for the Prelude round these parts.. I think@clayts450 is the current custodian of the forum bike Prelude

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Newbie inbound. Only just came along this forum this year and noticed all the roffles and got excited! Definitely will be partaking in quite a few roffles as while I do love shit old cars i for some reason never actually buy them. I've only had a few cars, in order, classic mini 1988, mk2f polo 1.3 coupe, vw corrado vr6 and now I have my modified audi s4 b5 (450hp). I'm now 23 and starting to get the room to start my collection so hopefully I'll end up with plenty of shite from here as I do love a shite car. Got a fetish for Volvo's, would like a range rover at some point (be a good tow vehicle I think), need to scratch the alfa itch at some point. Look forward to making plenty of mistakes and sharing it on here

Thought I'd say hello.

Pistonheads brought me here for the 12 car 12 months challenge.

I've got an Agila mk2 1.0 poverty spec 2008 on 85k. Basically a Suzuki Splash with VX badges on it.

It's called Pat, first colleague that saw it was less than complementary and observed it looking like a Postman Pat van.

I need a daily snotter for 6 years for personal/financial reasons, 

Also run a Lexus rx350 2006.

20191206_195448.jpg

Hello everyone,

new member here, heard about the place on PH and thought I would pay it a visit. 

Current shitter in the fleet is a k12 micra with a suspected stretched timing chain, runs fine when warm but does take a bit of feathering the throttle when cold to actually start. 

Hi everyone. I was drawn to this site because of the excellent name. Rather like a fly to, well, shite. 
No current shitter - my last was a pleasantly crumbly 230k mile Merc E200 wagon a few years ago. Among the things I’m currently trying to resist are raffles and old Volvos. 
Current ride is a Lexus RX but we also have a Shogun in case the zombie apocalypse happens. If it helps establish my shitter credentials, my first car was an Austin Maxi in (mostly) green. 
I see my current rank is Toyota Starlet. I have actually driven one - a then 5 year old ‘79 on a ‘V’. As I remember it had a lovely slick gearchange but RWD and absolutely no grip. 

Hello all new member here from Edinburgh, Scotland. I was drawn here like a coke head to an afterparty by DodgyBastard's epic thread of sheds on PH. I have some history in the shedding sphere but I wish I'd known about this site 10 years ago as it would have saved a few good cars from their demise. Here's my disreputable past  (i'll try and find photos of each):

2001 Audi A2 - owned '05 to '10 then passed to sister. Ran in the family for over 10 hard years, good machine really. Current Status: MOT Failure

1991 Saab 900 Turbo S 5 door - owned '10. Rusty doors, classic shed. Bought for £250 and sold with a weeks ticket remaining for £375.  Current Status: can't even remember the reg.

1987 Saab 900 T16S 2 door - owned '10-'11. Sad story really. Bought for £500 and used for about six months. Solid example but mechanically poor. Someone smashed the rear window to steal the stereo which was an '80 Blaupunkt number. Once they realised what the stereo was they just left it :( Couldn't source a two door rear window with black surround so after a few weeks I just scrapped it. Hopefully someone got some good parts off it, it was a beautiful car with the Aerokit. Current Status: MOT Failure

1995 Mazda MX5 1.8 - owned '11. Horrible Shed. Current Status: MOT Failure

1992 Mazda MX5 1.6 - owned '11-'14. Excellent little car. £1100 for a 57k car with no rust and tons of service history. Ran it for three fun years on a couple of oil changes and a set of tyres. Bargain motoring. Current Status: MOT'd!

1990 Mercedes 260E - owned '15-'17. Another excellent car. Totally original 52k car in Dictator Black with gullideckels. Ran for three years, latterly as my wife's everyday car. Beautifully made car, we got rid as my wife doesn't show the level of mechanical sympathy required to use a 30 year old machine everyday. Current Status: MOT Failure but that car is still totally solid I'm sure so if someone can find it then it's worth saving. Glenrothes area.

1998 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon - owned '16-present. Bin lorry. Rustiest vehicle i've ever seen. Passed 3 MOTs with literally football sized pieces of the underbody missing. Current Status: MOT Failure, requiring inner and outer cills at the centre body mounts and a few other things. I'll get her through another MOT and use her this year then send her on to pastures new.

2002 BMW M3 - owned '17-'19. Auction purchase. Nice car, only three owners but a bit tatty. Extraordinarily fast, liked oil. Current Status: MOT'd

2001 Porsche 911 C2 - owned '19-present. M3 replacement, beautiful two owner car with 98k. Manual, sunroof delete, under £10k. Makes me wonder why anyone would buy a 991 on finance really, i'm sure this is less than the deposit and it's got a NA 3.6 flat six and purity of execution. NOT SHITE. Current Status: MOT'd

2003 MG ZR 160 - owned '19-present. Bought to take my daughter to nursery whilst the Landcruiser is being fixed and to keep the miles off the 911. SHITE but I'm slowly falling in love. £550 for a grey 5 door model and i've spent a few hundred doing chavvy mods and servicing it. Current Status: MOT'd. I think it should get through its next MOT no problem, the jacking points are looking a bit shit through so I might get something better welded on if I can find someone to do it for beer money.

On 1/28/2020 at 1:13 PM, dc2100k said:

Hello all new member here from Edinburgh, Scotland. I was drawn here like a coke head to an afterparty by DodgyBastard's epic thread of sheds on PH. I have some history in the shedding sphere but I wish I'd known about this site 10 years ago as it would have saved a few good cars from their demise. Here's my disreputable past  (i'll try and find photos of each):

2001 Audi A2 - owned '05 to '10 then passed to sister. Ran in the family for over 10 hard years, good machine really. Current Status: MOT Failure

Can't find any photos sorry.

1991 Saab 900 Turbo S 5 door - owned '10. Rusty doors, classic shed. Bought for £250 and sold with a weeks ticket remaining for £375.  Current Status: can't even remember the reg.

qjrrNiY.jpg

1987 Saab 900 T16S 2 door - owned '10-'11. Sad story really. Bought for £500 and used for about six months. Solid example but mechanically poor. Someone smashed the rear window to steal the stereo which was an '80 Blaupunkt number. Once they realised what the stereo was they just left it :( Couldn't source a two door rear window with black surround so after a few weeks I just scrapped it. Hopefully someone got some good parts off it, it was a beautiful car with the Aerokit. Current Status: MOT Failure

kDNiiwo.jpg

1995 Mazda MX5 1.8 - owned '11. Horrible Shed. Current Status: MOT Failure

WhAKuuF.jpg

1992 Mazda MX5 1.6 - owned '11-'14. Excellent little car. £1100 for a 57k car with no rust and tons of service history. Ran it for three fun years on a couple of oil changes and a set of tyres. Bargain motoring. Current Status: MOT'd!

tRTWMQE.jpg?1

1990 Mercedes 260E - owned '15-'17. Another excellent car. Totally original 52k car in Dictator Black with gullideckels. Ran for three years, latterly as my wife's everyday car. Beautifully made car, we got rid as my wife doesn't show the level of mechanical sympathy required to use a 30 year old machine everyday. Current Status: MOT Failure but that car is still totally solid I'm sure so if someone can find it then it's worth saving. Glenrothes area.

1GM5jIs.jpg?1

1998 Toyota Landcruiser Amazon - owned '16-present. Bin lorry. Rustiest vehicle i've ever seen. Passed 3 MOTs with literally football sized pieces of the underbody missing. Current Status: MOT Failure, requiring inner and outer cills at the centre body mounts and a few other things. I'll get her through another MOT and use her this year then send her on to pastures new.

3NBIvt4.jpg?1

2002 BMW M3 - owned '17-'19. Auction purchase. Nice car, only three owners but a bit tatty. Extraordinarily fast, liked oil. Current Status: MOT'd

eMvNvtb.jpg?1

2001 Porsche 911 C2 - owned '19-present. M3 replacement, beautiful two owner car with 98k. Manual, sunroof delete, under £10k. Makes me wonder why anyone would buy a 991 on finance really, i'm sure this is less than the deposit and it's got a NA 3.6 flat six and purity of execution. NOT SHITE. Current Status: MOT'd

O1ZzeTQ.jpg?1

2003 MG ZR 160 - owned '19-present. Bought to take my daughter to nursery whilst the Landcruiser is being fixed and to keep the miles off the 911. SHITE but I'm slowly falling in love. £550 for a grey 5 door model and i've spent a few hundred doing chavvy mods and servicing it. Current Status: MOT'd. I think it should get through its next MOT no problem, the jacking points are looking a bit shit through so I might get something better welded on if I can find someone to do it for beer money.

BlDtMXV.jpg?1

Just introducing myself. Found this forum due to mentions on PH, Hubnut and following modern motors on YT. I usually have at least one shutter in the fleet and frankly always have. 

Current shitter is 1999 Honda HRV, 3 dr, 1.6 d series engine. Rusty, thermostat stuck open, blowing exhaust and found out today it had no oil in engine. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ello all, stumbled face-first into AS whilst duckduckgo-ing piccies of the Brubaker Box, which is always a worthwhile pursuit. And so it proved.

I was raised with a mild case of Citroenitis (a rusty rash, lots of loose wires and occasionally seeping green fluid), my early motoring career was spent driving the family DS, CX Safaris, 2CVs & Xantia as well as the occasional SAAB 900.

So, I blame the parents, as any self-respecting reprobate should.

Got my own LHD 2CV from a German girl living in London who had to unscrew the licence plates to take home with her, and have had three more since. 2CVs I mean, obvs.

Two rusted away and the two solid ones were both stolen, which friends and colleagues found hilarious. I suppose it was?

1242359122_2cv01.thumb.jpg.a20758d572b465f1831111f6e0184d36.jpg2CV thieves are clearly a very discerning bunch. The problem being, of course, once you've had a 2CV you know how to steal one, so it's all based on trust.

2CVing was interrupted by a BX Hurricane. The BX Hurricane could interrupt a few things.

It looks a bit like a GTi but is a diesel, so obviously far superior. A strangely unreliable overheaty diesely engine too, a strangely unattractive shade of green, finest 90s graphics, and about 30miles of hydraulic pipes apparently made of soft french cheese.

My last 2CV was black, I lovingly, carefully and terribly painted the wheels yellow in traditional Citroen style before it was stolen. Heartbroken, I tried to cheer myself up with an MX5, which I still have 10 years later.

I now have three cars, but one of them has bits removed so really I have 2 and 19/16ths cars:
461689356_Healey04.thumb.jpg.4534b5455be4938f3500c24d56a03da4.jpg137023592_mx501.jpg.aed4d940927edb27c91d8db937140d4c.jpg455772534_panda01.thumb.jpg.126d1d0d5380b4f73769d976e6146f5c.jpg

1954 Austin-Healey 100, appropriately scruffy and washed occasionally. Oily bits from the magnificent A90 Atlantic (2.6litre 4-cylinder engine, 3-speed gearbox and rear axle) have been rebuilt, so it'll be a new car one day. I'd forgive it anything.
1990 Mazda MX5 1.6 with the correct amount of rust in the floors and sills and nice patina* on the bodywork.
2004 Fiat Panda 1.2 of which I'm disproportionately fond. I didn't expect to like it at all and got it for my girlfriend to learn to drive. It's too modern, has too many electrics, seats and roof, but it's a surprisingly fun and capable little thing. My desire and skills at painting my wheels have remained undiminished. More on this car (if you're really bored) at the excellent FIATForum.

Ooooh, fancy! Panda envy. They're wonderful little things, aren't they?

I feel the rusty Mazda is my only car that truly belongs on this site (due to its stunning condition), the Panda, as daft as is sounds, is perhaps simply too good a car for true Autoshite status.

I wonder if FIAT really meant to make it so good? Or was it just an accident? They don't even appear to rust (apart from the rear axle which deserves an Autoshite award for superlative design, build quality, assembly accuracy and rustability, with special commendation for proportion of vehicle value).

Just saying hello.

Found myself here after seeing it mentioned on PH.

Been a long time serial owner of cars that I like.

That usually means that others usually find my cars eccentric which is fine by me as I know I am more than a little eccentric anyway.

Current hobby car is a  1976 Reliant Scimitar GTE.

Its 35 years since I bought my first Scimitar GTE. I ended up buying that car after being sat in a GTE in the Reliant dealers while my mother picked up her latest regal or robin when I was very very young.

Needless to say the GTE's I sat in at a early age must have made some sort of impression as have owned a few over the years.

1 hour ago, brownnova said:

I’m getting in there first with “Princess Anne had one of those... “

Welcome along ?

Thanks for the welcome.?

If I had a quid for every person that has told me the Princess Anne had one of these I would be very rich by now.?

Worse bit is some of the people who tell you really are serious and think they know a really obscure fact nobody knows.?