New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

Hello all, as you may or may not have seen I'm the idiot who bought a H van and I am trying to get it back on the road. With a V8 and a renault un1 gearbox. I'm also a biker and my continental taste carries over to my bikes, so I ride Ducati's. I say ride I mostly spend a lot of time rebuilding them so I can break down and start again. I bought my long suffering wife a new Mini Countryman so she doesn't have to suffer my vehicular idiosyncrasies or drive my sheds.

Hi Chaps and Chapesses.

This looks like an ideal place to park this image and introduce myself - I love shite cars - owned a few and restored one - a  1947 Riley RMA   HYX986 - which you can find elsewhere on this website. 

The attached photo was taken in Leek and this particular Triumph Herald is roadworthy and is often seen out and about the town.

Enjoy 

Happy New Year 

Mike Ottewell

5758C3F3-C676-437D-B381-946344CC849E.heic

Edited by Mike Ottewell
To include any ladies on here.

On 12/21/2019 at 1:54 PM, Twisterboy said:

Hey I'm Davy, from Edinburgh and I drive a 15 year old Volvo S60 D5 which I have owned for two months now.

Used to be the person that wanted a newish car to pootle about in ( do own a 2017 Skoda, wife's car) but for the last 2 years have owned some Autoshite cars.

Nissan Micra from 1999 lasted about 2 months before the MOT Inspector sent it to its grave.

Fiat Stilo Abarth lasted a month before the Autobox went belly up and the garage I bought it from took 2 months to fix it but hey lived the Fiat life of Fix It Again Tony!

Moved onto a BMW Mini, loved that car but sadly the wife hated it as I spent more time modifying the Mini and going to shows.

The Volvo came about as I was looking for a project one to take to Volvo600 next year so when I said I would sell the Mini I found this at the same dealer, sold the mini to a friend and bought the Volvo. For 15 years old it's been well cared for aside from it has a PAS leak! 

Heres a pic of my old girl!

IMG_6683.JPG

Hi Davy. Welcome to the Lair of the Undiscriminating, and Disciples of the Hydrocarbon Voiturettes . To me the car looks like an XK-8 but was more curious about the background. That place really exist? Looks like it's under a bridge and you can slyly run out of gas and toddle into a convenient pub thru the arched doorway. What do the neon signs mean? Trendy Art Inside? Live Nude Persons? Come and spend your tin down on South Street drinking gin?

On 12/31/2019 at 3:34 AM, New POD said:

I imagine describing Stoke on Trent in glowing terms to the people of Hamshire might be hard work? 

It makes me think of Homes Under The Hammer. Always. Whenever anybody mentions it, anywhere, I just get that little jingle they play between houses in my head. 

Morning Autoshiters, hope your all having a fun Sunday.

Thought I'd sign up after loitering for a while. Probably should have signed up years ago as I've had many worthy cars, 406 D9 V6, 9-5 Aeros, 924's, Ignis Sport, Saxo VTR's 16v Cinquecento, the list goes on.

Only have a 2005 S60 which has been played with a bit now, goes and handles well enough now on Parts For Volvo sports suspension and with a few BSR tuning goodies and a map, also have a 2012 Peugeot 308 for shopping run duties which i swapped a R56 Cooper S for inexplicably (blame fitting children in for that I suppose), this will be leaving shortly for something a bit more fun now the little one can get in and out his car seat by himself.

On the lookout for a Xantia Activa at the moment to possibly replace the S60 bit there aren't many about any more though!

Joined as since owning my first shed (2006 Fiesta Zetec S), I've really got the bug! The car was meant to be a stop gap when I sold My Focus ST but that was back in August 2018 and not even bothered looking since.

My only issue I find is that I'm constantly looking for new sheddy purchases but multiple insurance policies/tax put me off.

Look forward to getting to know people!

Hi all,

I'm from Australia and have been browsing the Ebay Tat pages for a while. I don't own a motor yet but I'm looking at buying a first car soon, possibly a Citroen GS if I'm lucky (1.3 litre engine will be easy to insure). Look forward to dollywobbler visiting down under soon. 

Good morning gents / ladies.

No current shite, but I have owned plenty, the most recent being a £160 Subaru Impreza Estate; 1.8 litre 5bhp non turbo engine, even less with the a/c running. Half heartedly looking for another shed, it could be anything, but I especially fancy an old Eastern bloc model; Volga, Zil, etc.

Edited by Etypephil
Rubbish grammar.

Just a big hello from a big man,  well big belly that is!

Currently running around in a Saab convertible that is 22 years old and mint

Project ongoing is my 1994 Toyota hiace super custom limited.  Mot coming up!

Helping son with his 30 year old k10 micra and a soon to be his Nissan Prairie!  Don't ask father and son thing,

Also picked up a Honda civic auto and pug 107 and have one owner 1999 Audi a4 se hidden in my garage!  

I love cars and a total YouTube mechanic and have a total addiction to anything cheap lol

Live in a market town in Lincolnshire but work in the metropolis of Peterborough so a big hello to you all

Cheers

Big man 

Hi, I'm Sham.

Don't have anything shite at the moment, as we're getting by with a year old Suzuki Vitara and my works van.

However, I am definitely on the lookout for something old and shite that can be transport for me when I change jobs and a chance to get the spanners out with my 13 year old.

My car history includes a 1985 Metro, a 1987 Cavalier (now that really was shite), a 1981 Triumph Acclaim and  1992 Proton - among others.

Hi, I'm Jim based in Snowdonia, North Wales. Ended up here after hearing and seeing references to a beige forum on Hubnut and Pistonheads...

Currently running an R53 Mini Cooper S and wondering why I'm spending so much. I'm shite curious and looking to learn more.

PS can someone point me towards an explanation of how roffles work please? Thanks

1 hour ago, Sunny Jim said:

Hi, I'm Jim based in Snowdonia, North Wales. Ended up here after hearing and seeing references to a beige forum on Hubnut and Pistonheads...

Currently running an R53 Mini Cooper S and wondering why I'm spending so much. I'm shite curious and looking to learn more.

PS can someone point me towards an explanation of how roffles work please? Thanks

Welcome fellow North Walian!! As you’ll see we have a meet coming up in North Wales in March! 

I've been interested in cars since I was little in the early 1980s.

For a few years I've been using the Austin Rover Online site, FLickr & Sabre, and had heard of this site for a while but only just got round to joining.

In Stockport where I keep my eyes out for anything interesting on the roads, & often get to see something old but not really collectable.

14 hours ago, Sunny Jim said:

Car gets offered for roffle, people say they want a certain number between 1-59 or a random number.

When sold out the roffler sends a message with payment details (usually PayPal friends and family payment, don't mention the roffle word) and once all have paid the next lottery draw is used with the bonus ball selecting the lucky* winner.

Afternoon All!,

Thought id pop by and say 'hi'. Have been vauguely aware of the existance of this site for some time, but never actually thought to have a look until last week, it seems ill fit right in with the cars i consider to be 'sensible daily drivers' being whatever i can save from the scrapyard and run for a while on very little cash....

Pete

Hi guys, Aussie here from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

This is my 20 year old Toyota Land Cruiser Prado (UK model name Colorado) 381,900km on the clock and still going strong!  Mainly used for camping trips but I do commute a couple of days a week in it. Have a 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer CJ which is our main car.

Been in Australia 13 years now but before then we had a 1997 Vauxhall Corsa, and when I was a kid we had a 1993 Fiat Panda, a 1979 Ford Fiesta, plus various 1960s/1970s rust pile Minis.

user_imageFinal.jpg