New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

On 5/22/2019 at 4:58 PM, FlyingDustbin said:

County Durham. on a very steep driveway. Ideally It'd be nice to get Donna the 2cv somewhere flat so we can drain all the fluids and try and get her running again. Then the only problem would be if the chassis and passenger side inner wing would get though an MOT. 

Donna's welcome to freshen up at mine (Dh7 9) as long as she doesn't mind being groped by a stranger.   I get the feeling a 2CV will massively appeal to me and have never really had the chance to look up close.

I also have a welder on the shopping list currently since Mrs L1 bought a beige/brown 305 estate..

1 hour ago, DialATune said:

Welcome. I'm very new myself, but they seem a friendly bunch!

Can I say fuck off ? 

Who are you calling friendly??? 

Coming over here, telling us we are nice. You'll never fit in, you sycophatic twat.

Not nearly grumpy enough. Welcome my arse. 

(Please take with pinch of salt and visualise tongue firmly in check) 

Morning All,

New to the site thanks to Mr Hub Nut................now my free time is wasted even more thanks to him! But hey-ho, a quick intro to our "Dorothy" who has faithfully ferried us around the country - albeit it a snails pace, for the past two years without missing a beat.

She's just a pup despite being 33 years young and has a mere 106k under her belt. Jag electric seats help ease the journeys and she actually a total (albeit slow........have I mentioned that already??) joy to drive. Roll on summer 2019!!

Screenshot 2019-06-25 at 8.27.34 AM.png

Screenshot 2019-06-25 at 8.26.32 AM.png

Screenshot 2019-06-25 at 8.28.05 AM.png

Thanks for accepting me. I'm currently in the south of France on a 2000+ mile round trip in this Renault Koleos. Its not strictly mine, but my partner's, bought a week before the the birth of my son 3 and a bit years ago (from a local lay preacher - we couldn't find a full-on vicar's car) . Apart from having its exhast pulled off whilst negotiating a carpark curb it's not missed a beat - it's essentially a Nissan X-Trail in drag, built by Samsung in Korea. Its gathered a few dents and scuffs since then, but I think that's characterful.

I've a Megane convertible at home too. I bought last September as emergency transport - from my partner, who didn't get around to selling it when the lad arrived, and left it festering on the drive. Yep, she actually made me pay her for it...

I've got a Senator 24v in the garage too, although I've not used it in a few years. Well, about 4 years.  There's nothing much wrong with it, but life got in the way and I haven't had time to MOT it. Or the money, what with the new sprog. I know it needs a front spring (and have one in the shed ready for fitment) and a brake pipe, but other than that it's good to go. Probably.

And then there's the Robin Hood kit car which I parked in my dad's garage about 5 years ago. I really must pull my finger out... 

15614744720054091667133557624567.jpg

On 6/24/2019 at 10:09 PM, New POD said:

Can I say fuck off ? 

Who are you calling friendly??? 

Coming over here, telling us we are nice. You'll never fit in, you sycophatic twat.

Not nearly grumpy enough. Welcome my arse. 

(Please take with pinch of salt and visualise tongue firmly in check) 

Ah, you've met our Social Secretary...! ??

An actual Renault Koleos... 

Didn't they sell a really tiny number of those in the UK? Definite future shite! 

Welcome the the new folk! Come in, the kettles on, and be prepared to leave with many more cars than you started with. I only had one when I signed up, now I have 5...

12 hours ago, chaseracer said:

You cannot come here, make a statement like that, and not provide copious photographic evidence! ?

I'll dig a couple out when I get home from holiday. ?

It's the second one I've owned - the first I kept for 5 years, until the head gasket finally gave up. I'd lived with no windows opening, rust, dodgy ABS and electronic shocks for years before that, so it had really given its money's worth by the time I left it at the scrap yard (although my dad nicked the seats for his camper van, and I've still the wheels squirreled away for a rainy day of some sort).

The second one was bought as a long-term keeper, when I finally acknowledged my fiat 500 wouldn't be up to pulling a caravan across country, and is in far better order than the first. I feel a bit guilty about neglecting it recently, but it'll get sorted out this year, all being well. I'll need a set of tyres though. Chinese ones. All different makes

Hello! I thought I should hello although I wont be contributing much at the moment as I don't have space at home for anything exciting and currently just run an 05 Forester which is pretty new and uneventful by your standards! Wife runs a focus 11 plate. Say no more 

Over the last few years I've have a 2000 V40, a diesel AX, a 02 Laguna, an 03 Legacy, an 03 Civic diesel, an 01 Ka, a ZX diesel, a VW camper, a mk2 Passat, a disgusting 10 Astra and equally hateful 08 Getz., some other stuff...I forget.

I work as a mechanic. Quad bikes, rider mowers down to chainsaws etc.

I love reading the forums and will offer any help I can.

Adam xx

Good morning everyone! So happy to be finally part of the forum. I've been lurking around for a while. I've owned a  classic mini which I bought when I was 15 for about 14 years now. Was my daily drive for years. Love anything retro and also have a little Garelli moped. Have a passion for bangernomics and economy motoring. Hope to contribute with help and advice. 

IMG_20190630_090019.jpg

2 hours ago, garellikatia said:

IMG_20190630_090019.jpg

I'd love a moped like that, but my "significant other" says I'm not allowed. I've no hankering for any sort of bigger bike - they're just excuses for perverts to dress in leather baby grows - but I could make real use of one of those.  Particularly if it's orange 

10 hours ago, ChrisWilliams said:

I'd love a moped like that, but my "significant other" says I'm not allowed. I've no hankering for any sort of bigger bike - they're just excuses for perverts to dress in leather baby grows - but I could make real use of one of those.  Particularly if it's orange 

Hahaha I concur with your sentiments on the leather baby grows haha too many "sons of anarchy" lookalikes. You should just not tell your other half... Or maybe buy something so cheap as a project and do it up. A few quid each week would hardly go a miss ;) must admit 30mph can be quite frustrating but you take in a lot more of the scenery ?