New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

Hi there fellow "Shitters".

Ive been lurking on this forum for a couple of years now, but finally decided to join up!

I 1st found Autoshite, by following a "for sale link" from a Volvo Forum, someone on here was selling a 940 estate, which caught my eye.

Anyway, Im mid 50's, and as my user name suggests, i kinder like Volvos(no, im not Scottish!) Im a Kent man! Nothing against the Scotts either ;-)

Over the years, Ive owned several 240/740/760/940/960 estates, a couple of 850/V70/C70 too! Im not into modern Volvos,

so any Volvo i own will be pre 2000. I currently own 3, these being a 1997 850 T5 CD estate(daily drive) a 1998 C70 T5 GT hardtop coupe(weekend toy)...and a quite rare 1992 940 GLT 16V estate(awaiting an MOT, laid up for Winter).

Given my age!! back in the day, i owned mk 3/4/5 Cortinas, Mk 2/3 Granadas, quite a few older minis...and i have a soft spot for yanks too. I owned a 1968 RS V8 Chevy Camaro for 7 years (the car i never should have sold).

I also grew up in Australia (in the 1970's) so i really like all the old Aussie cars (Holdens/Fords/Cryslers) I owned a Holden Kingswood, an a HQ Holden Wagon.

My youngest 16 year old son, has just been given a K11 Nissan Micra(his 2nd micra to date!) So im looking at maybe selling one of my Volvos, an geting into the early Micra scene............well, you have to encourage the lad.

Anyway, thats me...Cheers.

Hi there fellow "Shitters".

Ive been lurking on this forum for a couple of years now, but finally decided to join up!

I 1st found Autoshite, by following a "for sale link" from a Volvo Forum, someone on here was selling a 940 estate, which caught my eye.

Anyway, Im mid 50's, and as my user name suggests, i kinder like Volvos(no, im not Scottish!) Im a Kent man! Nothing against the Scotts either ;-)

Over the years, Ive owned several 240/740/760/940/960 estates, a couple of 850/V70/C70 too! Im not into modern Volvos,

so any Volvo i own will be pre 2000. I currently own 3, these being a 1997 850 T5 CD estate(daily drive) a 1998 C70 T5 GT hardtop coupe(weekend toy)...and a quite rare 1992 940 GLT 16V estate(awaiting an MOT, laid up for Winter).

Given my age!! back in the day, i owned mk 3/4/5 Cortinas, Mk 2/3 Granadas, quite a few older minis...and i have a soft spot for yanks too. I owned a 1968 RS V8 Chevy Camaro for 7 years (the car i never should have sold).

I also grew up in Australia (in the 1970's) so i really like all the old Aussie cars (Holdens/Fords/Cryslers) I owned a Holden Kingswood, an a HQ Holden Wagon.

My youngest 16 year old son, has just been given a K11 Nissan Micra(his 2nd micra to date!) So im looking at maybe selling one of my Volvos, an geting into the early Micra scene............well, you have to encourage the lad.

Anyway, thats me...Cheers.

Lock ya Volvos up, as soon as they get mentioned on here they start to migrate to Scotland!

The SVM likes this.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hello All.

I'm a medium term lurker and thought it time to pop in and say hello given the smiles you lot have given me over the past few months.

For all the charming* words and the loud internet noises that are made here on AS, you're a bunch of car enthusiasts who aren't worried about giving a cuddle over t'internet when you think one of yours is in need - you've been rumbled. Nice.

I'm a serial Rover-licker and repeat offender. My daily is probably still considered a modern in these parts - a 2005 MG ZS 180 I've had from new, written off, bought back and fixed up and eventually put back on the road (done two cam-belt(s) changes on this one now) I also have a couple of other road legals - a Rover 200 BRM, a TF160 in spangly, colour changing paint and a Subaru not-Impreza WRXSTi. Dirty little secrets include a TF135, another 200 BRM ....... and another 200 BRM..all 'awaiting recommissioning'.

Hope I'll be able to 'give back'.

Hello All.

I'm a medium term lurker and thought it time to pop in and say hello given the smiles you lot have given me over the past few months.

For all the charming* words and the loud internet noises that are made here on AS, you're a bunch of car enthusiasts who aren't worried about giving a cuddle over t'internet when you think one of yours is in need - you've been rumbled. Nice.

I'm a serial Rover-licker and repeat offender. My daily is probably still considered a modern in these parts - a 2005 MG ZS 180 I've had from new, written off, bought back and fixed up and eventually put back on the road (done two cam-belt(s) changes on this one now) I also have a couple of other road legals - a Rover 200 BRM, a TF160 in spangly, colour changing paint and a Subaru not-Impreza WRXSTi. Dirty little secrets include a TF135, another 200 BRM ....... and another 200 BRM..all 'awaiting recommissioning'.

Hope I'll be able to 'give back'.

2005 is newer than most but given the company is obsolete keeping it running can only become more interesting as it gets older.

Hello 'Fred'

Indeed. We have a Fred across the road who gave up driving at 91 years old, after an accident.

His niece (Karen) is "so good" to him. Lives about a mile away. Where was he on Christmas day? Home alone.

Indeed. We have a Fred across the road who gave up driving at 91 years old, after an accident.

His niece (Karen) is "so good" to him. Lives about a mile away. Where was he on Christmas day? Home alone.

To be fair, some people don't give a monkeys about Christmas.

It's just another day. You may just as well complain he was home alone on a Tuesday.

It was a fake/second account and they were asked to chose to remove it, or have it done for them.

Surprisingly it wasn't Ms Har this time, though if it had been it would probably be his 99th attempt at coming back with more false details. That's 'allegedly' of course.

Hi all, I'm another one who found their way here via dollywobbler's HubNut videos on YouTube. Most of the 21 cars that I've owned over the past 39 years (I know, must try harder :-) ) have been built at either Longbridge or Cowley, hence my forum name. My daily is a 2012 Skoda Fabia but I've recently bought a 2003 Rover 45 on Ebay for £370 with FSH and 31000 on the clock. It does have its fair share of scrapes and scratches but nothing too serious. I do need to sort out the airbag light so some fiddling under the driver's seat will be on the agenda soon.

32068831447_21bccb01dd_z.jpg

33134780448_89fb0c4ce7_z.jpg

46286112094_7becd72a9b_z.jpg

Hi all, I'm another one who found their way here via dollywobbler's HubNut videos on YouTube. Most of the 21 cars that I've owned over the past 39 years (I know, must try harder :-) ) have been built at either Longbridge or Cowley, hence my forum name. My daily is a 2012 Skoda Fabia but I've recently bought a 2003 Rover 45 on Ebay for £370 with FSH and 31000 on the clock. It does have its fair share of scrapes and scratches but nothing too serious. I do need to sort out the airbag light so some fiddling under the driver's seat will be on the agenda soon.

well to the shite lovers club

You've missed the most important bit out - how many giffer (old codger) dents are there on that there bodywork ? 31K, I reckon must be up to double figures at least. Spectacular buy, well done

Welcome aboard from another (and there are a fair few here) Longship lover :)

You've missed the most important bit out - how many giffer (old codger) dents are there on that there bodywork ? 31K, I reckon must be up to double figures at least.

Surprisingly apart from possible light creasing on the rear doors there aren't dents on it. A couple of nasty scrapes but mostly cosmetic damage. This is the worst bit on the N/S rear wheel arch and door, it's hard to see on the silver paint.

46378604884_10534e9a1c_z.jpg

This might sink without trace...

However, as new members have been unable to register for so long, it's likely we'll have a large influx of new folk over the coming days. I thought it might be worth starting a thread for such people to introduce themselves to the more established Autoshiters, tell us about their motoring habits and the like.

Just so this isn't a wasted visit for the rest of you, here's a picture of some crazy guys with a Talbot Alpine 

devalpine_05.jpg

(Post No. 1 by Wilko220)

devalpine_05.jpg

I thought to reprise this great photo, numero uno on this thread. No idea what a Talbot Alpine is, but happy to learn what is dodgy about it. It does not look anything like the 1938 Talbot-Lago in the picture below. What happened?

220px-1938_Talbot_Teardrop_SS_150_%28coa

Good picture to assign captions to, tho:

a. "The triumph of good marketing over bad engineering."

b.  "Ten men --- 5 escape hatches: every man for himself!"

c. "None of us would be caught dead in this car, but you might!"

I've been on here a few years, but never got around to this part of self-introducing yourself, for fear of being redundant.

Welcome - help yourself to the pink wafers.

It's a broad field of people (literally during shitefest) who will certainly open your mind. After a few months you will end up tutting about incorrect number age font, long for a different time and cheer on the latest car capers.

If someone tells you that a new members have to pay an introductory fee which includes a free Corsa and he comes from Chester - just ignore him.

We have put signs up but he parks pumas in front of them