New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

Hi I'm Micky, I just signed up after lurking for a while. Found the site looking for info on Rickman Rangers. I just bought a convertible that used to belong to another Autoshiter. There's a thread with stuff about my vehicle somewhere on here, I will find it and post an update on the current state of NeRO as the car is known.

post-26840-0-04703700-1544393658_thumb.jpg

Hello all . I have been a long time visitor to the forum and enjoy the comfortable mix of cars and other topics .i have now joined . I am chief mechanic for "team Toyota "Corolla 2002 driven by my partner on her daily rally stage / hill climb / sprint to work and back , she tells me she doesn't drive fast , but I have changed enough tyres/discs/pads to disprove her I'm a slow driver theory. I have a 2008 VW work van , not quite autoshite but will be in another 10 years . post-27086-0-67146300-1546095561_thumb.jpeg here is the Toyota after a kwik fit mot 2 years ago . The exhaust cam wheel fixing bolt broke during the emissions check . post-27086-0-66925700-1546095987_thumb.jpeg amazingly it did not destroy the top end . And fixed for gaskets , new bolt , engine crane hire . She doesn't take it to kwik fit anymore . The Corolla is my autoshite . Happy new year to come . Thank you Justin.

Long time lurker here.  I've been reading the forum for quite a while and it's now one of my top places to visit when bored at work (which is a fair bit!).  I love the mix of threads on here.  For myself, I'm a bit of a VW pineapple head.  I've been busy with my business and DIY house crap for the last few years, but looking forward to getting back on my cars this year.  Currently have to sort out: A vw LT28 westfalia camper van, a VW variant and two beetles.  Not sure how much love you lot have for the beetles on this site, but I've got to do the camper van first and I know you like them.  Will start up a thread at some point on it.

Hey everyone the names Stevie, been lurking for a while, finally got round to registering. Don’t have any shite (yet) but after having read a lot of adventures on here I’m seriously tempted. Daily driver is a VW Tiguan.

We are near Edinburgh and I’m sure I’ve seen some of the forum motors out and about. Loving the mix of car stuff and other randomness on here!

Hi. I’ve been visiting (well lurking really) here for some time and thought it time to come out.

Current fleet comprises ’51 Citroen Traction Avant, ’59 Chrysler New Yorker, ’71 Triumph Herald 13/60 convertible and a ’72 Citroen DSuper.

Apart from the DSuper I’ve had each of them for over 15 years. The Traction is currently the daily driver while the DS is away being mended (nearly 2 years now…). The New Yorker gets out less often and for some reason the Herald hasn't moved for 10 years - I promised myself I would drive it in 2018 but that didn't happen.

My record sheet also includes a number of other Triumphs and Citroens, a few Rovers and Fords, a Renault, a Fiat, an Alfa and a diesel engined Scimitar. But it doesn't get anywhere near 3 figures so I’m an amateur compared to most of you.

Hello all.

Been a lurker here for a long time, finally decided to create an account.

I have a 1985 Peugeot 305 van that my grandad bought in 1986.

I will create a new thread in the coming days showing the full van a bit of its story and the progress in restoring it. 

Yay ! Another 305 van. I think that makes four on here. Welcome.

Hi all, another long term lurker who has finally signed up.

Have a rather eclectic mix of ‘shite’ ranging from a 1988 Renault 5 GTS five door (featured in Dollywoblers video of the NEC Classic in November), plus two Fiat Tipos (Tipi?!)

one a 1993 2.0 16v Sedici which is something of a project (who knew Fiats rusted...) plus a poverty spec 1995 1.4 ie S which is my daily. The 1.4 was rescued as a parts car off Facebook for £180 but so far has been too good to risk breaking up.

post-27066-0-85102000-1546870312_thumb.jpeg

post-27066-0-05839900-1546870353_thumb.jpeg

post-27066-0-14795100-1546870438_thumb.jpeg

Hi all, another long term lurker who has finally signed up.

Have a rather eclectic mix of ‘shite’ ranging from a 1988 Renault 5 GTS five door (featured in Dollywoblers video of the NEC Classic in November), plus two Fiat Tipos (Tipi?!)

one a 1993 2.0 16v Sedici which is something of a project (who knew Fiats rusted...) plus a poverty spec 1995 1.4 ie S which is my daily. The 1.4 was rescued as a parts car off Facebook for £180 but so far has been too good to risk breaking up.

Great fleet. I remember that blue Tipo, glad it got saved.

Also, that white 16v, I seem to recall it lived in or near Kilburn, and was someone's daily?

Apologies, long time lurker and occasional poster, however, I’ve not introduced myself yet.

I’m now a self-employed mechanic on a farm within 15 mins of Newcastle, about to move to the hills in Upper Weardale.

I’ve driven since 1991, first car as a student was a red 1986 2cv Spécial.

Highlights of the cars since are 205d, 205 1.6 GTI, couple of 205 dturbos, Maestro DLX with PAS, full velour interior, elec windows etc, Montego DLX turbo Countryman, 309 GTI, Dyane, Audi A6 C4 Avant 2.5 TDI 5-pot, Panda multijet diesel and loads of Berlingos and Peugeot Partners. Also my Murvi Morello 2.8 idtd Ducato camper van with full works of loo, shower, oven, hob, grill, extraction, Webasto diesel heating/hot water etc that’s now 18 years old. Lived in this for 18 months at one point which pretty-much paid for it rather than renting a house....

Autoshite is the only forum I can get along with. That is all.

Following the above, I should also add that in the last year I purchased a Citroen Relay van from Skattrd and picked up a roffle-win 205 turbo diesel from wuvvum. Both of these involved whole-day (in case of 205 4pm - 6am) sessions to collect.

My experience with both shiters was exemplary - thank you both.

The vehicles: - I am only now surveying the vast quantities of rot I’m about to tackle to get both MOT-able! Keeping my fingers crossed for the weather outside this next couple of weeks...

Great fleet. I remember that blue Tipo, glad it got saved.

Also, that white 16v, I seem to recall it lived in or near Kilburn, and was someone's daily?

I think the white one did live London way for a lot of its life. It’s got a Harlow Fiat dealer sticker and a lot of the paperwork is around there.

Did find a pic of it on Flickr there when it was still mobile... https://flic.kr/p/9bWVoD

This was the state of my Berlingo/Partner condition a couple of months ago. I’ve owned most of these and thankfully most are now owned by my customers and looked after by me. That’s five in the photo, one in the (cramped) workshop. A couple of others with customers.

The Innsbruck Green Partner HDI was mine and now has 249k on the clock. I bought it as as £200 non-runner with a knackered clutch also, sorted it all out then commuted 30k in it without breakdown over 18 months. It drives the best of all of them and I could barely part with it, however, I’ve got first option should it ever become available again!

post-20735-0-46617600-1546939852_thumb.jpeg