Shite Hire Request..

Pat Earrings

Short notice I know, but worth a try. Good friend of mine is getting married this Saturday, but we've been let down with the hire car, it was meant to be an old Jag but he can no longer lend us it.

So, I reach out here. Anyone willing to lend us their peculiar/cool shite? We are more than happy to pay good money, insure it and return it valeted and topped up with fuel. This is not a freebie, it's me repaying a fellow shiter for helping us. We'd need it most of the day and could return Sunday morning.

I'm based in the West Midlands. If there are any willing volunteers please could you let me know what you have? Just needs to have at least 4 doors and 4 seats as I'll be driving them to and from the location.

Totally unhelpful but had my XJ12 not been in storage just north of Berwick, I would have happily lent it out and as I will be in UK this weekend I would have suited up and chauffeured.

The guy I store it with is on holiday so I can’t even go get it.

Oh, and MOT it.... aah, there’s the real reason. Damn thing needs a virtual rebuild for this every time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could borrow my Jag:

http://autoshite.com/topic/32559-collection-day/

But I'm in SE London, so not exactly conveniently located, unless you want to meet me somewhere like Peterborough at about midnight on Thursday and swap me for another automatic car so I can get home.[/quote

That might work. Although if it's your only car I'm not sure I could get a car to swap. Although I could just lend you my Lexus?

Sorry should have been a bit clearer. I bought it 'cos I've got a broken arm, and can't drive a manual. Prior to breaking said arm I'd agreed to drive myself, wife and MIL up to Yorkshire to visit my uncle, which the Jag has managed admirably so far. We're planning on leaving here late on Thursday to drive home down the A1, hence me thinking you could intercept us on the way, if you've got an auto to swap. Though if you've got a Lexus, that's surely a fairly decent wedding car in its own right?

The Jag's a 10 footer but should look nice in the photos with a quick wash and wax. Only really noticeable flaw is some lacquer peel on the bootlid which I was going to try some Auto-Balm on. Yes it's the only car I can drive at the moment but when I'm in London I don't drive much anyway, because who would want to? :) So I'm not going to be inconvenienced if you take it for the weekend.

Afraid I can't be much help, living on another landmass and all...

But +1 on unlikely Gooner wedding cars.

post-17915-0-25102400-1533046288_thumb.jpg

I jest, we actually used a Marina, as it happened. Known to a few on these pages.

post-17915-0-02244200-1533046526_thumb.jpg

The groomsmen's buttonholes arrived in an old Marina air filter box too, which I though was a nice touch.

post-17915-0-98079700-1533046620_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-23228600-1533046581_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-71245300-1533046640_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-84512700-1533046650_thumb.jpg

Best of luck, dude - hope you can track down someone with something that fits the bill!