Announcement - Dave21478

Tayne

Ive lost my chance to meet this clearly talented man. Horrible news

I know how you feel mate. He was once stuck on the M6 (?) trying to get up to Scotland with the Tata he bought and had some problems with it overheating. He wasn't that far away from me, I'd have happily put him up but by the time I got around to see the thread other shiters were on hand to help and other plans were made.

Guest MattJY

As a Newb on here, I did not know Dave but the comments speak volumes.

I also run a car forum and this does happen I am afraid.

You should view Dave and your excellent forum as more than a community of oddballs and more of a family.

I would like to say that this is tragic and will not happen again but we all know the realities of mortality.

We live, we breath, we laugh, we cry and we part....together.

RIP Dave

I'm another one who read this a few days ago, but up until now was too stunned and speechless to post anything.

RIP Dave........I will miss your projects, daily grumbles, genius solutions to awkward problems, exasperated outlook on daily life in general and hilarious writing style.............a top bloke......God Rest.

@Tayne.............I'm a little confused, I thought Dave was a Scot, why is the funeral in France?

He lived and worked in France

Hmm yes, I'm aware of that. I'd just thought the service would be back in his homeland..............or was France his homeland ?

I live and work attend in the USA, but if owt goes tits up everybody has instructions to get me back to England.

Hmm yes, I'm aware of that. I'd just thought the service would be back in his homeland..............or was France his homeland ?

I live and work attend in the USA, but if owt goes tits up everybody has instructions to get me back to England.

With respect, different strokes for different folks maybe? I don't care what happens to me. I'll be beyond the point of caring.

The accident report on the newspaper website said he was a French national, originally from Britain.

Just caught up with this terrible news. I can't really add anything that hasn't already been said, very eloquently, by so many on here.

Dave will obviously be very sadly missed on here by all of us.

I pretty much only dip into Autoshite occasionally these days, but if one of Dave's threads was on the board it was always required reading for me.

RIP.