Announcement - Dave21478

Tayne

I've barely been on the site the last few days and this greeted me. Gutted.

Dave Numbers never failed to entertain, educate and enlighten and I'm sure we will all really miss his contributions on here. They always shone out like little beacons and often required a cup of tea and a biscuit whilst you read through them, giggling uncontrollably.

A few times I found myself quoting him and chucking him on the Quote of the Year topic as he just made me howl with laughter.

A compendium of Dave Numberisms is an absolute must and should be carried around in every toolkit and glovebox by law of Autoshite.

RIP Dave and condolences to friends/family

It's taken me days to read this thread because of a faulty router.

Shocked.  Nobody wants to go like that, and so young too.  RIP Dave.  I can only hope we get to meet "upstairs."

I'd just like to add, Thank you to Tayne, without whom we wouldn't even know.  Can't be easy.

Does anyone like the idea of a sending a wreath from us, ie the AS community or do you think would that be in bad taste?

Obviously having the word shite lent against the casket would be bad, but maybe something like "bye Dave, from your mates on the beige forum"

Failing that I think we could do a dave numbers mug/t_shirt, proceeds to charity type thing.

Maybe Tayne could ask what would be appreciated? wreath/donation to panda charidy etc

Already in hand. Tayne is going to ask the family and let us know, then we can share it here. 

Idea outlined above to create a little book of Dave numbers (based on his postings)  that people can download and then make a donation, which in turn will be going to charity of the families choice. 

Also just caught up with this. What an unbearable waste :( . I was often in awe of what he acheived with his combination of inspired thinking and can-do attitude. He and others like him are an example to us all to just get on and try to do stuff, and not to roll over in the face of adversity.

RIP Dave.

I'm gonna miss Dave's skills at (amongst other things) swearing. He was a proper master when it came to deploying a rapid fire succession of carefully calibrated oaths to make a point. Never clumsy or downright offensive, just a great user of the full breadth of the English language. Nuff Respeck. RIP Dave 'Oh, just f**k my life right into orbit why don't you' Numbers

Oh. Fuck.

I really didn't know this until now. I've been busy changing countries.

I did read something on a thread somewhere but wasn't made clear that Dave was actually no longer with us.

Absolute big condolences to his family, I really, honestly cannot believe this.

RIP Dave. You won't be forgotten.

I still feel so sad about Dave’s passing.

What makes it more upsetting to me is that from what was reported, he was conscious and talking to paramedics on the scene and then he passed away after that. I just pray he wasn’t frightened and he wasn’t in much pain.

I didn’t know him personally but it feels like losing a good friend and his legacy will live on with us all. It’s certainly inspired me to develop a bit more of a ‘have a go’ attitude when it comes to fixing cars.

What a terrible tragedy. AS will be a lot duller now, his fluent and pithy wordsmithing portrayed dyspepsia and no-budget shiteing activities with equal fidelity. Farewell Dave Les Chiffres, may your mowers trim neatly and not fall over.