Announcement - Dave21478

Tayne

Can I also add this for those who may not have seen it. Just one example of fantastic engineering ingenuity, amongst probably hundreds you could choose from.

http://autoshite.com/topic/29949-dave-does-a-diy-cylinder-head-pressure-test-and-skim-back-together-with-video/?p=1339870

That is tremendous.

A true engineer, with some pretty awesome skills, cap seriously doffed to him, as many have said already, he summed up what is Autoshite, another case of you don't know what you have got until it has gone, we are going to miss him deeply

I am proposing that I pull together all his posts into some form of ebook or similar.

Then make it available on here and if people wish to download a copy they could donate to an charity (tbc)

It won't be anything fancy but perhaps creating relevant chapters around his key musings.

Will have time to do it next week I think.

Is this of interest to people?

OMG, was trawling through his many posts, having a good chuckle the other night...

as DW put it's amazing how much a death like this can effect you even though he wasn't a 'close and personal' friend...just someone with a head older than his body and skill overflowing everywhere!!!

RIP 

Definitely of interest, but I think it needs some curation; some chapters on tools, fiats, pickups, girls with three children, france, etc.  There can then be some select 'conversation' - the posts alone, out of context, will miss some of the humour.

Happy to help work on it, if it could be a collaborative effort in O365 or similar?

Definitely of interest, but I think it needs some curation; some chapters on tools, fiats, pickups, girls with three children, france, etc. There can then be some select 'conversation' - the posts alone, out of context, will miss some of the humour.

Happy to help work on it, if it could be a collaborative effort in O365 or similar?

I think for speed it just needs 1someone to do it. More than happy for someone else to do it (I have no real skills, was just going to busk it a bit).

In my head I was thinking chapters on things like that love, work, cars, fixing, France, food etc.

I've been on various internet forums for about 15 years now and I've never been so upset over a member dying before.

I've thought about a man I never physically met before, all day.

A very sad time for anybody who cared for him.

Dave's Dismantling Blog was one of my favorite threads. Gutted there will be no more entries.

Could be anything and could speculate on anything. Oil/diesel on the road, blacked out, sedatives not worn off fully from the hospital, swerve to avoid someone/something, shunted from the rear and other party drove off, mechanical failure, blow-out (he did repair one of the tyres on his truck) or just plain bad luck. Could be anything.

We do all talk about driving older vehicles, but it's something we have to be careful of. They're not quite designed to protect their occupants than ones designed in the last 15-20 or so years.

Please all drive safe and be careful out there, especially with the number of idiots on the road nowadays.