Announcement - Dave21478

Tayne

I was just wondering today if I could meet up with him one day on a France trip, he seemed like such a good guy, never short of a funny, interesting, or slightly edgy story to tell. He made it into the 'quotes' thread on a few occasions, a good measure of how popular his humour was.

Yet again, like many I guess, I'm deeply upset over a man I've never met.

RIP Dave.

Fuck. I'm fairly new here but already had a sense of the guy's humour and great attitude through his writing, so I always kept an eye out for his posts. Genuinely logged on expecting to hear the results of the blood slug saga and have a good laugh. 

Poor guy, this is gutting. RIP Dave.

...Yet again, like many I guess, I'm deeply upset over a man I've never met...

That sums it up.

Can't believe it, even as I'm writing this it sounds a bit pathetic but it really is like a member of your extended family passing away or something . I know more about Dave's life,work, cars, likes and dislikes etc than any member of my real family beyond my wife, kids and brothers...

Me too, and I suspect others too. Maybe we should all take a little more time to get to know those people.

Sometimes life just isn't bloody fair God Knows it just isn't fair,

I learnt more about life in rural France both good and bad from his posts and as for "You'd have to be mad to try it but it actually works" engineering tips there was no one more entertaining to read anywhere.

Never imagined I was 6 years older than Dave numbers, He was wise and experienced beyond his years.

I can highly recommend his mini van resto thread on the blue forum for those who haven't seen it as well. Its got his typical level of ingenuity in. I think he had a different username on there though so I am struggling for a link. Anyone know it?

oh man no :(

im fairly new here but as others said dave of many numbers had a way with words that often made me smile/chuckle

RIP Dave 21478

(excuse me if this is in a bit in appropriate but is there any more information on the crash? especially given the recent blood slug episode..)

Horrible news. I enjoyed his threads tremendously and will miss his contributions. The fact that it was a car accident is unsettling what with the kind of cars this forum is typically centered around and a horrible reminder that it can all be over so abruptly on the roads. RIP Dave.