spares or repairs! Peugeot 107 1 litre manual

doubleyeller

Hi all,

This car was given to me by a relation who broke down on the way to Cornwall without breakdown cover. It is located near Bridgwater M5 services.

The water pump seized, the auxillary belt broke, job jobbed.

It has now become my problem and I and the car park owner want it gone.

45,000 on the clock, MOT November, registered 31/12/06.

It has had the clutch and exhaust back box changed in the last 15,000 I understand, so the water pump being the other gremlin needing sorting, thats all the common faults on these rectified. Will make a decent learner/first car if any of you have youngsters?

Now arranged a collection for this which will be completed today all things being equal, thanks for the interest everyone.

post-20279-0-58594400-1532894173_thumb.jpg

post-20279-0-44481300-1532894199_thumb.jpg

That will make either a good car, or a good profit for whoever takes it on and repairs it.

No it will make an appalling car for whoever takes it on, just think of how much work it's had with just 45k on the clocks. However it is at least insurable for a 17 year old.....

Totally agree re profit to be made though.

Would be a train into Weston. Would be nice to have it confirmed it's still ok before going ahead with train tickets etc. If I did go ahead with it earliest it could be is Wednesday. Has there been a definite diagnosis on the seized water pump?

Would be a train into Weston. Would be nice to have it confirmed it's still ok before going ahead with train tickets etc. If I did go ahead with it earliest it could be is Wednesday. Has there been a definite diagnosis on the seized water pump?

The breakdown roadside assist sent a mechanic to see if it could just have a new belt and be on their way. His diagnosis was apparently water pump and pulley seized. It's what these are famous for.

Ok sounds hopeful. Can you confirm it's not been vandalised whilst it's been left. I can get to Burnham and Highbridge train station if that's not to far away.

sounds fine and really don't think it's going to be vandalised, it's probably safest postcode in the UK...

Pm me

If it's just the water pump and no collateral damage then it will be an easy fix. I did one on my driveway in the dark and cold in 30 mins not long ago. I'm tempted to say for a brave person, it could be done in a slightly sheltered layby. Pump, belt, coolant, minimal tools, then drive away victorious. I would take it on if it weren't so far away from Yorkshire and flip it for an easy profit. Water pump and belt are probably in the range of £30 all in.

If it's just the water pump and no collateral damage then it will be an easy fix. I did one on my driveway in the dark and cold in 30 mins not long ago. I'm tempted to say for a brave person, it could be done in a slightly sheltered layby. Pump, belt, coolant, minimal tools, then drive away victorious. I would take it on if it weren't so far away from Yorkshire and flip it for an easy profit. Water pump and belt are probably in the range of £30 all in.

No sign of coolant in oil or vice versa, I checked. I'm not making any guarantees on this. Those who know their onion will be seeing the pound signs in their sleep. Myself, I wouldn't know how to do it and I'm not prepared to take the risk chucking money at it. Someone will snap this up

Mrs Spart has the Citroen version of this, it's done 160,000+miles, about half of those at her hands, she doesn't treat it kindly. I can confirm that they are tough as fuck and easy to work on when they do

I'm just surprised it needed a new clutch at 30,000 but there again if it's been driven by someone who used the clutch as a footrest like some people do, it may not be the car at fault....

Also not sure that driving this all the way from Manchester to Cornwall was really what it was designed for. But hey, lesson learned I suppose....

They're good little motors I reckon.

Had mine from new in 2009 up til late last year.

63K or so I did in it - several years of that a commute into Oxford, and it needed:

Clutch at 50K or so when the release bearing are itself. Due to it being adjusted wrong from new (and the dealer being adamant there was no adjustment) I reckon. The early cars did have issues with a weak clutch apparently, but that had been fixed by the time mine was made.

Radiator & A/C condenser - after it got smacked in the face by an airborne lorry wheel trim on the A5. Can't blame the car for that.

Brake discs & pads.

Set of tyres. The ones it came with from the factory were beyond rubbish, and started to perish before the first MOT.

Nearside front wheel bearing - failed after only a couple of thousand miles and was sorted under warranty.

Exhaust was just due for changing when I sold it (hanger rotted off the silencer).

Beyond normal service items that was it I think.

Only reason I sold it was that it simply wasn't getting used and it being parked on the street was stressing me out.

In the words of my old MOT tester "they're tough little shits these." Which in his words was a compliment.

Would I buy another one? Yep.

Gripes?

Usual modern car issue of stupidly wide pillars which are positioned in just the wrong place on roundabouts.

Replacing the radiator was a pain as you have to remove the front cross member.

Changing headlight bulbs is a royal faff because the back of the headlights are right up against the suspension towers.

Factory speakers were pathetic. Standard size though so a riddle to replace. From 2011 the head unit added Bluetooth and USB connectivity.

Overall they're not bad little motors I reckon, especially for a modern. Must be one of the last without multiplexed electronics and all that nonsense. If I needed a practical daily runabout it's the first model I'd look at.

Mrs Spart has the Citroen version of this, it's done 160,000+miles, about half of those at her hands, she doesn't treat it kindly. I can confirm that they are tough as fuck and easy to work on when they do

I'm just surprised it needed a new clutch at 30,000 but there again if it's been driven by someone who used the clutch as a footrest like some people do, it may not be the car at fault....

Also not sure that driving this all the way from Manchester to Cornwall was really what it was designed for. But hey, lesson learned I suppose....

The early cars (pre 2007 I think) were renowned for weak clutches. Later cars used a larger clutch plate, and I think it's standard practice to fit the later type when changing it.

Just thought I'd update , it was me that offered the asking, i'd sorted a trailer for today but doubleyeller isn't available and needs it moving faster than I can get down there after today so it's back up for grabs

Our company Shitroen variant of this had about 110k of abuse from everyone who drove it over about 4 years, I'm not convinced it was ever actually serviced. The only problem it ever had was the earth lead was very ropey, and for a time the drivers door would only open from inside because a pillock dragged the side up a wall. It was on it's original brakes by its first MOT last year, it failed in a big way because of it, but it still stopped just fine. A surprising amount of space to work on the engine too, because it's about the size of a loaf of bread.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk