excellent delivery service from bramz7

theshadow

well had a look at the welding not too bad at all,small plate needed drivers side inner wing,near strut nice and easy to get to,both os ns box sections,than just top inner wings,has never been welded before so it has lasted pretty well,will put pictures up when start the welding sat,or sun if cools down abit,ill be using the no gas mig welder i got from lidl with staff discount :-D :-D than will get some good part worns for front next month there bald on inners,,been to tip carrys well,radio controls on steering very posh.update again soon.

I bloody love these - my Ma had a 1990 one bought at 4 years old from the company I worked for at the time, kept for at least 10 years and only went cos it was rusting away and she wanted something newer.  I used to borrow it when all my shite was dead or dying - took it to France on hols once at it was great.

Glad this one's getting saved they are ace.

I changed a driveshaft in an afternoon on my Ma's once.

Remember a friend at junior school parents having a E reg Renault 21 Savanna in Silver, because they needed 7 seats. Traded in a rather tired base 1.6 MK5 Blue Ford Cortina back in about 1991/2. They had it for at least 10 years and still looked clean when I last saw it, before they finally sold it on.   

I can't remember the last time though I saw one on the road since then. All the best with it.

• 2 weeks later...

smoll update,well welding started got a small plate in drivers inner wing,than the sodding welder packed up, :-D :-D drove over blackburn sat to get tracking done was miles out,£12.00,drives better now,was in moogs area on sunday pick up corsa modern shite,less said the better,its now gone,bought new sparkplugs for renner,fitted them mon,rubbish to be taken to tip,been paid,so earning its keep,seems great on fuel,two tyres need doin at end month,rear bumper had slight droop,drilled hole in bumper,added screw,true shite repair,even the drill bit snapped :-D thats all for,but..

My grandmother had one of these and it was the first car I properly drove (not counting driving my parents' volvo round a field). Two litre auto, felt pretty rapid to my untrained teenage self.

It did have an occasional power steering fault. It would fail when turning right, meaning you had to heave the wheel, and then start working again unpredictably, often half way through a turn. That was often exciting.

did job a on crappy rusty 06 civic,it had new pads on front,discs/ pads on rear so spare pennies got the timing belt for renner,gates jobbie,removed the old one tippex marks,so it was done years ago,i put the new on,pretty easy job on this,still listed in my trusty 2002 cambelt book :-D :-D

been to  back street partworn tyre place tanner each,not bad tread at all,was going up to moogs this morning to do welding no go sodding rain,a new plan is hatched,off to mates place at 12pm tonight welding will be done ,pictures in the morrow,nowt fancy ,its not picasso, :shock: :shock: it stays clean well.

shadow magic now working again welding pictures found,dont ask, :-D so all nice solid,underneath sill box section plated up nicely,sprayed with aldi finest red splosh,drivers side had to weld two plates underneath wheelarch,no pictures of that bit,so all done,jetwashed underside,fresh coat of underseal,brake pads bedding in nicely,so may be going to pastures new....

post-19591-0-29839300-1534411156_thumb.jpg

post-19591-0-43276700-1534411182_thumb.jpg

post-19591-0-30508800-1534411206_thumb.jpg

post-19591-0-87135500-1534411249_thumb.jpg

post-19591-0-64061800-1534411278_thumb.jpg

post-19591-0-81075500-1534411304_thumb.jpg

post-19591-0-55773300-1534411328_thumb.jpg

post-19591-0-72361900-1534411357_thumb.jpg

post-19591-0-91453700-1534411379_thumb.jpg