Sparts Golf GTi news.

spartacus

The last to go in the current wave. Mk 3 2.0gti, as the title suggests it's a 10 yard car, I've owned it 3 years and it's had loads of new parts. It is, as you may be able to see, lightly modified. It has Koni dampers with lowered springs, although at the correct height to not upset the geometry! It will also go over speed cushions without scraping. Most importantly it handles very well.

The engine is fitted with a mild Kent cam, it's torquey but with a little more at the top end than standard.

The crankshaft oil seal weeps, it has done for some time.

I appreciate that this is not really AS fodder and I don't want to clutter up the forum for weeks trying to sell roffle tickets, or constantly bumping it to the front page as a for sale ad, if popular opinion suggests I should then I'll take my chances with the Dubbers on eBay etc!:-/

I'd be looking at £13.50 a ticket, or thereabouts.

03pRSIO.jpg

VZSRKxu.jpg

MK3's are heading up in value as MK2's have become unobtainable to a lot of enthusiasts.

Nice colour, correct number of doors, and the 8v's are a great daily driver.

I think you'd get strong money for this with a sale.  However, you will get a million idiots offering broken Xboxes for swop m9..

• 4 weeks later...

If it goes through a straight sale pal let me know what you used cos I got Rock all interest in mine at sensible money. Properly hard to value so I'm keeping it to use again over winter.

If anyone gets disappointed at not winning the roffle pm me for details!! Bob on these despite what folk say. GLWTS spartacus

@Matty, it's a shiter that's interested. I would rather take a 10-25% loss on what a car might fetch on eBay or whatever, and sell a car to somebody on here, than deal with all the dicks out there.

You've got your work cut out!

Agree totally and when I've used it again it's going on here. I've had it 5 years and loved it to bits. I know there's a lot of MK3 hatred everywhere but its been nice to go back to something reasonably old fashioned ( pedals operating cables and so on). I'd sooner someone on here have it for less, look after it and it still be around if I want it back! More so than some knob wanting to "invest"!!

OK, assuming the interested parties are still... Interested, then I've sold ten tickets for this, so I'll give it a go.

I've just taken it for its test, it passed but received advisories for corrosion on the sills, (common on these, covered by a plastic trim), and the oil leak from the crankshaft oil seal. Other than that, good bits are.

Quiet full stainless exhaust.

Quality lowering springs and dampers.

New thermostat.

Good, quality tyres all round.

Low mileage.

Kent cam.

New head lights.

New discs and pads within the last year or so.

Tow bar.

Bad bits.

Rust on Sills.

Oil leak.

Usual bits on a 21 year old car, car park dents, scratches etc.

I'm guessing that the lowered suspension may put some off buying a ticket, I've got all the original stuff and will happily swap it over if the lucky* winner requires it.

£13.50 a ticket, if somebody could furnish me with a roffle template that would be ACE!