Renault Megane 1.4 mot'd March £250

aldo135

Bought this from Iain Split_Pin in March, it's a great wee car but my Volvo is playing up so need something bigger with 7 seats, and might have something lined up, again from this fine forum! See Iain's much better advert here http://autoshite.com/topic/31271-2001-renault-megane-mk1-14-£300/

All I have done to it since March is put petrol in, and I've been getting 39-43mpg, much better than the Volvo! It goes pretty well for the engine size and has been perfectly reliable. Only negatives are the wonky fuel gauge and hairline crack on an abs ring, as mentioned in the previous advert. I'd like £250ono

The car is in Edinburgh, but the one I'm looking at is in London, so don't let distance put you off, in fact bids from down south are encouraged, to help me get to my next car!

post-4295-0-98985300-1532469909_thumb.jpeg

This car tore me away from Vauxhalls and into Renault ownership. It gave me 2 years perfect service and is probably the best car I have owned. It's a tidy wee thing too.

Sadly Mrs_Pin said no and wanted me to get something different, otherwise I would have welcomed it back in a heartbeat.

Hope it stays in the fold.

Thanks for the offers but typically the wee Megane has found out about being put up for sale and had a few niggles in the last day or 2! Tempted fate by saying I'd spent no money on it... Firstly a puncture, a minor fight with the boot lock and last night heading to our end of month meet the offside rear brake drum started dragging! 2 of the guys up here had expressed an interest at the meet, but I need to sort things out with it first.

Will drop the for sale tag for now but let you know if it becomes available.

Cheers

Whats up with the boot lock Alan?

You know how the catch was a bit loose and you had to push it back into place? It just won't sit right now for some reason. Looking online it's meant to have wee lugs that hold it in place. Scrappies will do one for a tenner, no big deal