spartacus

Ex Krujoe Pug 106 diesel roffle, T minus 10 and counting, all roffle systems are GO!

01 95 quid Peugeot

02 Talbot

03 Aldo135

04 Jollysmart

05 Tickman

06 davehedgehog31

07 bramz7

08 Moog

09 Jollysmart

10 catsinthewelder

11 Jim Bell

12 J-T

13 Aldo135

14 Bucketeer

17 Matts_rusty_bus

18 They_all_do_that_sir (Joe)

19 UltraWomble

20 Alanism

21 Jim Bell

22 catsinthewelder

23 Parky

24 davehedgehog31

25 95 quid Peugeot

26 Tickman

27 bramz7

28 primeradoner

29 Stephen01

30 Aldo135

31 Dean36014

33 bramz7

34 UltraWomble

36 J-T

37 Moog

39 Alanism

41 Pandamonium

42 Parky

43 catsinthewelder

44 Stephen01

45 Dean36014

46 They_all_do_that_sir

47 davehedgehog31

48 95 quid Peugeot

49 Retropnaed

50 Talbot

51 Aldo135

54 Talbot

55 primeradoner

56 Aldo135

57 davehedgehog31

58 Bucketeer

59 Matts_rusty_bus

I'll take one random please Sir. 

I keep gazing longingly at this and train tickets to Chesterfield. I've got a bit of a bastard of a commute in the winter and I reckon this little beastie would tear through it and sip fuel. The heater matrix does put me off somewhat from an outright purchase, so I'll cross my fingers for the roffle. 

Also as an aside whoever takes it on MAY be able to change the heater matrix without full dash disassembly if you get one for a Citroen AX, the pipes are not attached to the core. You'd need to butcher the existing matrix to get it out and it's mooted on some sites that you can get the AX core in place and then attach the pipes afterwards. 

It does still look like a bastard, but maybe not quite so bad. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By bangernomics
      Roffle is go.  
      1 for £16 or 2 for £30.
      4 SamR380
      7 Jollyfkr2
      12 AstonMartin
      15 Primeradoner
      18 Doug
      22 Loserone
      25 Mitsisigma01
      26 BlackBoilerSuit
      28 Barefoot
      30 DozeyDustman
      33 Doug (Aston Martin)
      37 DaveQ
      38 Norbert
      42 Doug (AstonMartin)
      43 Jollyfkr2
      46 Aston Martin
      47 Loserone
      48 Primeradoner
      51 BlackBoilerSuit
      55 StrangeAngel

Choice of top boxes either the white old one or the massive modern one for Uber eats work.

• By dozeydustman
      Just about an hour ago I went to start my car up, had Mrs Dustman with me, to go and pick Miss Dustman up from work. Turned over fine but took a while to fire up.

Steering felt heavy. Thought maybe as it's currently -5 + wind chill it's just cold & the fluid is thick.

Started reversing out my bay then I was greeted with:
      "DING DONG" - ABS fault.
      "DING DONG" - ESP fault
      "DING DONG" - headlamp auto levelling not working, contact service.

I shut the car down straight away and we went in Mrs D's Corolla.

Alternator is less than 2 months old, it's a recon unit from Alternator Man in Portsmouth. Hoping the cold isn't killing the battery and it's taking the 'nator out with it (battery passed the drop test last time the no-charge warning came up). Looks like a session with the multimeter after work tomorrow.....

MEH.
    • By TheDoctor
      Going to roffle for a fiver a ticket, two for £8, 3 for £11
      In good working order apart from the head gasket. 
      Put the ventilated header tank cap on, take it easy and bring spare water and you will be able to drive it home. 

It doesn't overheat, just pressure in the cooling system. Cylinder compression is good. 
      MOT April 2020

• By DialATune
      This has been dragging with the end tantalisingly in sight, so inspired by the worthy @SRi05 I'll pop it in here and see if anyone who doesn't visit 'Shite For Sale' is interested...

Quoting now...

After having recently gone through the fun* of selling a car on eBay, I thought I'd try my luck on here. I only bought this a couple of weeks ago on a whim, thinking it would be ideal for shooting down to France with the wife and the dog to visit the in-laws, but the wife has taken against it HARD due to the lack of air-con (she's not worried about us - it's the dog!). So it has to go.
      Bad bits first, as is AS tradition. The A/C really is gone. No amount of re-gassing will fix this! A few patches of rust here and there - none look bad enough for welding. A bit of rust converter and bondo and job jobbed was my plan. Laquer is starting to peel in a few places. The remote central locking doesn't always unlock the passenger side door (although it does always seem to lock it, which is odd). Tailgate has a decent dent in it. Nothing to do with me, it came free with the car. Tailgate still works fine, though.
      Good bits. Maybe it has been too long since I was last in a rear-wheel drive, but it feels to me like it pulls away from the line very nicely. The six-speed box feels nice and precise, and lets you trundle along at 70mph with the engine only doing about two and a half thousand revs (not had it long enough to really measure fuel efficiency). MOT until Feb and taxed to get you home.
      Located in Ipswich. I was thinking £9 per ticket, or two for £16, three for £21. Any takers?

PRICE DROP !!!!
      £8 for one, £14 for two, £19 for three. Buy Buy Buy!!!!

• By Burnside
      Well after almost 11 years it time to part ways with my Cavalier as recent changes mean I'm needing a estate car now. 
      It's in tidy condition for it age and years but is no show car, though saying that I get plenty of nice comments off people about it which is nice!  Will be really sad to see it go as it's been a fantastic car to me and has always been a dependable friend. Holidays, house moves, days out, road trips buying tat or being on family taxi duty. It does it all without fuss. 
      I have folders full of various receipts and bills for work carried out over the years and have got various spares mainly used that I can include if wanted.  I also have a compete spare 1.8 engine with 74,000 miles available too. 
      Mileage is 204,000 but I did replace the engine with a secondhand unit about a year after first buying it with similar miles due to a oil pressure fault.  Though I've seen these Cavaliers with over  250,000+ miles and I have no issues with driving this car anywhere as these are hardy things. 
      I've always serviced the car each year and always use a quality 15w40 oil.   In recent years it had all new shocks/ front springs and top mounts. Front Brakes and had various other parts replaced as needed to keep it ticking over. 
      Has Pas, leccy front windows and central locking. Also has working Towbar see pic bellow. 
      There so much more I can say but I'd be here all night!
      Currently awaiting some Mot repairs to sort out emissions [ replace front downpipe ] and some minor welding to the rear floor pan . It should be ready for me to collect by Friday.  Any questions just ask away. Will add some pictures over the weekend once I've got the Car back. Still Insured till the end of May and Taxed etc.