To Kseal or not to Kseal that is my question

retropnaed

Would anyone have real and actual experience of using Kseal. The deal is Rover 214 1992 great looker but....OMGHGF Not sure I can be arsed spending a weekend stripping down new gasket etc.

Just started losing coolant defo smidge of oil in expansion tank but still runs ok not a total coolant dump by any means

What you finkin?

You can drain the system back out after using K seal if you wish as I did on my Audi 80 as I put bottle in when it had a leaking heater matrix once Kseal had done it’s stuff .The leak never returned and the heater still heated up like a furnace afterwards and the car was as good as gold for two years afterwards.

I really rate the stuff and I put quarter of a bottle in one of my E36s as the garage couldn’t find a very small leak and the car would lose about half a pint every couple of weeks and just added a smidgin of the stuff when I changed the coolant and it’s been fine since for the last three months but as I put such a small amount I can’t see the copper particles floating about.

I never used it for a head gasket but it’s worth a go on a banger.

Also, before you write it off as OMGHGF, check it isn't in fact something else, like the inlet manifold gasket.  That said, if you've oil in the water, it's probably early OMGHGF.  All the stuff is available to DIY a head gasket repair at home on one of these so if you've got the time, it's worth doing.  Alternatively it's usually £500-700 for a garage to fix it.  Once fixed, they do tend to stay fixed providing you look after it.  Neglect the K Series at your peril.

Don't give a crap about it?  Bung potions in and bin when dead.  Do not attempt to resurrect.  K-Seal takes forever to get out of everything, it's a right bugger.

Thanks all for the advice gentlemen. seems to be a straightforward..... do i wanna keep it long term... or run it and fukit :-o  decisions decisions do i go for spanner rash or open a bottle of pure filth or magic as the case may be  :? 

ohhhh I dunno