What happened to your former shite?

bramz7

Most of my old cars are probably enjoying a new life as a washing machine or tin can if recycling actually works. 

Amazingly, the Mitsubishi i which I owned for 80K ultra reliable miles then failed expensively, causing me to pass on repairing it (it was going rusty as well) and hand it to the garage for recycling in 2012, was rescued by someone in the trade and is still limping on, covering a thousand or two miles per year.

Our very tidy Peugeot 309 disappeared for for a year then appeared on eBay looking filthy inside and neglected outside, sold, disappeared again, then someone on here chirped up saying they now owned it and were taking it to Norway.  Presumably it will eventually meet its end over there.

My Stellar Gold Medal Edition, given away on here in 2017 when I became unwell, has been through two more owners and now has an uncertain future because it is doing what Stellars do very well, rusting like hell.  Still saveable by a gifted welder, but has reached the point where it needs an enthusiast to get it roadworthy again.  I eventually recovered enough to buy back my son's '94 Tipo which would otherwise have been scrapped by its then owner. I saved it and I'm enjoying it, though it also needs £600 of welding this year, booked in for 16th November, virus restrictions permitting.

1 hour ago, cpjitservices said:

Aye for 211k Miles... It runs pretty sweet! And you wouldnt think it looking at the car, its still in solid condition!

That's one of the things I love about this place, so many cars get moved around a bit, improved a bit and moved on again.. (Although Covid seems to gave slowed everything down a lot!)

99 Daewoo Lanos black, 1.3 Scrapped

02 Nissan Almera 1.5 blue Sold for £650, lasted two more years

90 Eunos Roadster 1600 Sold to kevfromwales, broken for parts I think

94 Mazda 323f GTi ABS Jim Bell sold to a lad from Wales who failed to get it through another MOT

90 Ginetta G26 1600 pinto Sold to a chap from Essex who turned it into a Porsche 911 GT3 RS replica.

No, really

14188108341_01a51d6920_o.jpg.8a9a65d318d692d634bd448b1f162bbe.jpg

13982936279_a44637bee4_o.thumb.jpg.9b68ac211cdec4d79a56dc515664fb30.jpg

02 Subaru Impreza Sport Sold on ebay to a chap who was looking for a winter hack.  Scrapped

04 Seat Toledo 1.8t Sold to Jim Bell and eventually to JohnK, who chipped it and moved it on again

94 Lexus LS400 Smashed up by Mrs_L1, swapped for a mandolin and now sitting on Scaryoldcortina's son's drive.

04 Suzuki Alto Sold to a chap from work for his son's 17th.  Scrapped for want of a cat.

98 Kia Pride Sold on ebay to... scaryoldcortina.  Then to JohnK again, left to rot in a field.

13 Nissan LEAF Sold to a nice chap in Scotland who doesn't have anywhere to charge it.

95 Peugeot 405 estate (still somewhere) Still in Scary's yard.

99 Peugeot 206 GTi engine donor Scrapped in Kev Brunton's yard

01 Volvo S60 2.4t Sold to Drum

98 Suzuki Baleno GSR Sold to Tickman

05 Subaru Legacy Spec B Sold to Hillman Imp

1996 MG F VVC Sold to Scaryoldcortina for a tab, since spent on the 405 below.

93 Peugeot 205 CJ Sold to castros_bro

95 Peugeot 405 1.6 saloon Roffled, won by Billy.

02 Peugeot 306 1.8 cabriolet Roffled, won by the doctor, now in the field of dreams.

88 Peugeot 205 XUD Sold to DaveHedgehog, now with Saabnut

88 Peugeot 305 XUD estate Roffled, won by Garbaldy.  Now with the lad who just sold Jim Bell a Cavalier.

99 Peugeot 206 GTi (still here)

99 Peugeot 306 HDI estate Currently with YesOuiSi

94 Peugeot 205 Mardi Gras (half share) 

02 Peugeot 406 2.2 HDI executive (still here)

90 Peugeot 205 GR (Still here)

Update:

SP08 VZY - Toyota Yaris 1.0 T2

Y-arse-is-9.jpg.c7e10f3781d287afaa7bcd91627b21a2.jpg

Sold because it was lame and slow, a dire mistake. Still taxed and MOT'd, back when the MOT garage was viewable online it was in Orkney...

SV12 VXZ - Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 T

20130925_154321_1024x576.thumb.jpg.a4940273b163537a99016fae7d4bc42e.jpg

Only owned for a year or so, lost £6k in depreciation. Still taxed and MOT'd, vanished off the radar for a while as it was on a private plate with the next owner.

KJ55 GXZ - Honda Civic 1.6 Executive

1917313218_20151014_165731(Copy).thumb.jpg.45d9732baa23ff770107646c47e4f413.jpg

The old daily, sold for £400 when it shat it's rear brakes in order to fund more shite and have cheap "classic" car insurance. Off the DVLA system so probably broken for parts.

F940 SRT - Volvo 740GL Estate

1665945908_DSC_6690(Copy).thumb.jpg.67466d3d5225888f28dd0e132f27acd0.jpg

Bought as a potential Acclaim replacement/winter beater/shite hauler. Sold for £160 after 2 months when it turned out to be made of underseal. No tax or MOT, probably getting broken for parts.

16 hours ago, captain_70s said:

KJ55 GXZ - Honda Civic 1.6 Executive

1917313218_20151014_165731(Copy).thumb.jpg.45d9732baa23ff770107646c47e4f413.jpg

The old daily, sold for £400 when it shat it's rear brakes in order to fund more shite and have cheap "classic" car insurance. Off the DVLA system so probably broken for parts.

I really should not be spending what little credits I currently have left but curiosity got the better of me LOL

image.thumb.png.216abcd338489c12654a63d6798a6ace.png

as a side note, if a more modern vehicle does not show up in both the DVLA and the MOT checker then its likely on a private plate

if it does not show up on the DVLA checker but does show up on the MOT checker then its likely been issued a CoD

(and you can check the details with https://www.carbaba.co.uk/ as well :) )

4 minutes ago, captain_70s said:

I find it quite bizarre somebody would put a personal plate on an aged old Civic which makes it look even older, but hey ho! Glad to see it's still kicking, it was in decent nick when I sold it aside from needing new rear calipers/discs.

Yeah I was quite surprised too

a not (outwardly anyway) special personal plate on a £400~ Civic

alright whoever on here currently owns it you can come out now LOL

• 10 months later...
On 11/3/2020 at 12:14 AM, LightBulbFun said:

I really should not be spending what little credits I currently have left but curiosity got the better of me LOL

image.thumb.png.216abcd338489c12654a63d6798a6ace.png

as a side note, if a more modern vehicle does not show up in both the DVLA and the MOT checker then its likely on a private plate

if it does not show up on the DVLA checker but does show up on the MOT checker then its likely been issued a CoD

(and you can check the details with https://www.carbaba.co.uk/ as well :) )

could you do BG61YZn a previous car of mine please

7 minutes ago, 2cvspecial said:

could you do BG61YZn a previous car of mine please

sadly I Have even less credits left now than then, (driving lessons and now car insurance have meant I have £0 spare cash to spend on what is basically a DVLA data addiction LOL) so I am trying to save what little I have left for important invacar reasons (say if if I find a Stanley Mk7 thats still on the DVLA database or such)

but i can tell just by way of the DVLA's checker and the DVSA's MOT checker that BG61YZN has more then likely sadly been scrapped and issued a CoD

1 minute ago, LightBulbFun said:

sadly I Have even less credits left now than then, (driving lessons and now car insurance have meant I have £0 spare cash to spend on what is basically a DVLA data addiction LOL) so I am trying to save what little I have for important invacar reasons (say if if I find a Stanley Mk7 thats still on the DVLA database or such)

but i can tell just by way of the DVLA's checker and the DVSA's MOT checker that BG61YZN has more then likely sadly been scrapped and issued a CoD

it didnt last long and stank of damp when owned

Update time. 

216SLI - still alive, but seems to have changed hands once or twice, spotted it locally once. Currently on SORN.
740GLE - still with the chap I sold it to who made it pristine. It lives in Newcastle and sometimes appears at shows in North Yorkshire.
Prelude 2.0i - passed around AS, now owned by chatsharris. 
416GSi - being restored by the chap I sold it to, sees very little use.
416GTI - sold to MrDuke, whose then partner told him to get rid. I told my mate in Burnley to buy it, he did, and he still has it, slightly worse for wear rust wise, and the alloys have gone(?) but mechanically perfect and now over 100k. He loves it.
Engine swapped Civic - chap that bought it off me still has it, didn't drive it for two years then recently got it MOTd. I think it's potentially for sale but he wants a delusional amount of money for it.
850 T5 - sold to paulplom who sold it to GeordieInExile who still has it. Wouldn't mind that back. 
S90 - swapped with JohnK for a 305, I think he still has it in storage. 
305 GLD - sold to loserone for £200 and became a forum bike. Current fate undetermined since the deer strike.
MX5 auto - sold to a Scouse bloke who wanted to manual convert it. He never got round to it and I found the car on Gumtree one night, I was going to buy it back but the ad had vanished by the next morning. DVLA suggests he didn't sell it.
XJ6 - sold to a chap that ran a car restoration garage in Manchester dealing in MGBs, Healeys etc, supposedly to replace his daily X350. He kept it for a few months then sold it on eBay.
306 Meridian estate - sold to a gravelly voiced chap from Doncaster who was specifically looking for a 306. Not sure if he still has it, last V5 was issued in July of this year. 
Concerto 1.6i-16: terminal engine damage, sold to my mate from Burnley for scrap value. Ended up as a parts donor for an identical car in Preston, that the owner is swapping an H22 from a Prelude into. 
C30 D5 - sold to an occasional AS user to replace his wife's Seat Ateca, they still have it
205 DTurbo - sold via loserone to Jimbob McGregor, currently in storage (wouldn't mind that back either, I'd like another 205) 
R53 Cooper S - sold on Marketplace to someone that claimed to have owned it in the past
MX5 manual - sold on Marketplace to a chap from Leeds that wanted it as a long term project - on the road
Civic Aerodeck - sold it to a friend who offered me my money back on it. He's agreed to give it to a mutual friend in exchange for a significant amount of welding on his other car, an MX5
V50 - WBAC'd, since found a new owner
106 - roffled, the winner sold it to DavidB who then replaced the interior and sold it to someone from Bristol
416SLi - I was given my money back for it, and it was returned to the previous owner as a surprise gift after he regretted selling it
Accord Aerodeck - swapped for an Ignis Sport on Marketplace when I realised just how awful it was. Currently off the road due to an unspecified knocking noise. 
Ignis Sport - roffled to Dave_Q 
Civic EG - swapped for a Prelude VTi that I was offered in a Facebook group chat when someone heard I was buying the Civic.

B2 Audi 90

VW K70L

Both vanished off the record with their subsequent owners

NSU Ro80 - Phil Blake bought it and scrapped it 'cos he thought it wasn't viable to get it back on the road.

BMW 635CSi - sold to a Polish fella in Rotherhithe and seems to have vanished without trace.