Fauxrarris And Other Kit Car Replica Shite

warren t claim

Likewise. It summed up the ethos of the forum quite well. I often wonder how many people who were on there in the early/mid 00's are now members here.

As far as I know:

me

RantingYoof

chatsharris

fatharris

I'm sure there are more though.

That is TRULY gopping!!!!

reminds me of the fad in the 90's of throwing a 6R4 bodykit on any metro in range...but failing to get the correct wheels, so big chunky kit, sat on 145x12" wheels!!!

edit - here ya go!!

c8268a50c3b9880649ebab69e7028cc5.jpg

And a four door, just like... er.... all the factory 6r4s...........

There's some good ones too.

This is a Mazda MX-5 Zero Mazda by Great British Sports Cars. It's clearly a Lotus 7 / Caterham lookalike but I think it look good.

GBS-Zero.jpg

This is a Mazda MX-5 SPR1 by Widow Sports Cars. The headlight arrangement is basically the same as an Ascari but those are obscure enough to the point that it doesn't matter.

Widow.jpg

This is a Mazda MX-5 Manta Ray by Simpson Design. (I can't find a high-res photo of the front)

1.jpg

This is a Mazda MX-5 Catfish by Baur Ltd.

FM-Catfish-1.jpg

Of the MX5 kit cars this is the one that floats my boat

Italia 3 SWB

post-20755-0-03436900-1531761742_thumb.jpg

I went to a launch event for the Covin 911 replica back in 1985. I did for some years harbour the idea of ripping a Beetle apart and building one to impress the all ladieeees in to hoodwinking I owned a Porsche Turbo. But once a Beetle always a Beetle....

If built properly they can look very convincing. post-20412-0-52742800-1531761940_thumb.jpg

Most most ended up like this! post-20412-0-33545800-1531762121_thumb.jpg

I went to a launch event for the Covin 911 replica back in 1985. I did for some years harbour the idea of ripping a Beetle apart and building one to impress the all ladieeees in to hoodwinking I owned a Porsche Turbo. But once a Beetle always a Beetle....

If built properly they can look very convincing. 11070_0.jpg

Most most ended up like this! _20180716_182756.JPG

I used to get amused that they did a cvh conversion for one of these I quite liked the idea of one with an rs turbo lump in

As far as I know:

me

RantingYoof

chatsharris

fatharris

I'm sure there are more though.

I was a member until a local shitheap owner registered to send me some threats because his insurance company had seen the pics I took of his car and the bodykit and alloys were news to them.

At this point I realised on the BB site was a picture of my car, sat outside my house, and in a small town that's a silly thing. Especially when my house was a silly, recognisable shape.

So I just stopped going on and hid behind the sofa for a bit.

The character who is selling the Dino replica (George) has been selling weird and wonderful things on ebay for years. He is not a million miles from here and once my dud eye is better I am going to take a trip over to look at his stuff. The sixty grand replica Dino sticks out like a sore thumb from the rest of his gear. He's also got a Banham Frogeye which looks interesting.

Another pop video featured a fake Ferrari, that horrid song 'GTO' by Sinnita, the fake Fezza was probably more Ford Cortina than Ferrari.

Edit, turns out it was a rteclothed Datsun 240Z, LOLZ, Sorry love, he loves his plastic Datsun more than he loves you :P

I was a member until a local shitheap owner registered to send me some threats because his insurance company had seen the pics I took of his car and the bodykit and alloys were news to them.

At this point I realised on the BB site was a picture of my car, sat outside my house, and in a small town that's a silly thing. Especially when my house was a silly, recognisable shape.

So I just stopped going on and hid behind the sofa for a bit.

That was a proud moment, it proved that the site was providing a service to insurance companies allowing them to check up for uninsured Barries!

I too was on Barryboys, it was so toxic!  I took the piss out of another member and his expensive but idiotic rally-replica Mitsubishi Evo thing, he became very agitated but that was the dog-eat-dog nature of it.

That's why I used to enjoy it, you could say whatever you liked and get away with it!

I think 3VOM has mentioned he was on Barryboys.

That Yorkshire Car Centre place in the first post always seems to have some weird kit car for sale. Last year they had a blue Banham X99 for sale for ages.

It had no roof, and was on metric Metro steels with no centre caps.

*waves*

I thought that was you, but I didn't want the embarrassment of being wrong. I believe there are a fair few of us that have drifted over, I drifted because Barryboys didn't really work on the computers at work and my laptop is way beyond gone. I still contribute to the running costs though, I met a lot of good people from there.