Jim Bell

Brown Avensis. *Eyes down*

post-5435-0-57780400-1531608072_thumb.gif

Father Dowling: What troubles you my child.

Me: Forgive me father, for I have shited.

It has been almost three months since my last collection.

I have lusted after and coveted many cars in this time and my resolve of abstinence from sale and purchase hath failed. I have looked upon a car of low financial outlay and have decided to put myself inside it. I fear I will put myself inside it many times and be satisfied each time.

It is brown.

What would Freud say?

Bless me father for tonight I lay down carless and cleansed, and in tomorrow there lies mild debauchery and small adventure.

Father Dowling: Give me two hail holy Marys and three hello Dollys.

post-5435-0-92473800-1531608171_thumb.gif

Now go in peace.

Before retiring I consumed a meat pie that had been left in the sun at some length. It filled only some of the hole inside of me and churned as I slept.

Hours passed and I awoke with a start. I was sweating, I had pood the bed and before me was a shimmering vision of St Jude.

post-5435-0-21132300-1531608907_thumb.jpg

St Jude:

I am St Jude. The patron saint of hopelessness and lost causes. You might recognise me from the internet. You will be going on a medium length journey. Be unafraid. You may have to pass into foreign land where money is slightly different. Do not worry. The sausages you encounter may be square, but be unafraid. What would Freud say? If you hear a noise that disturbs you, it may be the devil manifesting in a wheel bearing. Pay him no attention. Carry on your journey regardless.

Me: I dont feel well.

St Jude: Go back to Sleep.

Me: Ok. I like your big madalion.

St Jude: Thanks I got it at Argos. You can have a wear of it one day maybe.

post-5435-0-46615100-1531610558_thumb.jpg

I am slightly concerned there is some sort of chemical reaction going on with that pie, because that’s not St Jude, that’s 1976 Kris Kristofferson. He definitely would get his medallions at Argos.

Hope you feel better in the morning, and be thankful 1976 Kris Kristofferson didn’t bring Streisand with him as they might have started a duet in your bedroom. Although the profuse vomiting would have cleared the pie out nicely

'Sunday Bloody Sunday'. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!".

Up and moving. The journey is underway. Still feel a bit clammy mind.

Crossing a bridge to catch a train I came across a man and boy.

post-5435-0-96791300-1531637984_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-19694800-1531638067_thumb.jpg

St Christopher: Good morro pilgrim. I am St Christopher and this is mine associate, Colin.

Me: Hiya.

Colin: Hiya Im Colin. Got this good conka. Its big an round like a wimmins bowb. Lol bowbs.

Me: lolbowbs.

St Christopher: Indeedbowbs. Now hurry on traveller for your train approaches, and I being the patron saint of travellers (but not those ones) must guide you on. Hurry for there is a long way to go and just a short time to get there. Like in that song.

Me: Ok thanks bye.

Colin: I hate you bye.

That upskirt pic of Chris could get you into bother these days. Bit late now but it's worth hitting up St Anthony, he's the bomb at sniffing out chod, he'll knock on a random door and a half hour later he's dragging a delivery miles Solara from an asbestos garage while a nice old lady brings him tea, biccies and a fiver for his trouble.

I still feel a bit funny. Not sure I should be eating.

I think theres a dog staring at me.

post-5435-0-09200900-1531642307_thumb.jpeg

St Bernard: Good morning. I am St Bernard. The patron saint of people who have gotten themselves into trouble.

Me: Hello. I still dont feel well.

St Bernard: Do not worry, if you feel the need to be ill out of either end, I will appear to you in a form descriprive of how you are feeling so that you may be soothed.

Me: OK. Where were you at 0400 o clock this morning?

St Bernard: I had a lie in.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By chaseracer
      OK, let's try this again; the sensible hybrid is on the way.

Late-1995 'Inca' 3-door
      1.8 n/a
      90000 miles
      MOT 19.6.2019, but will have new ticket before moving on
      'Patinated' yet very solid; character dent in front wing; never welded, boot floor perfect
      Sunroof sealed, replacement provided
      Great fun on the twisties but good on big roads too; would drive this anywhere
      Tarty but comfy pleather CTi front seats (originals here too)
      Grips well in mud with a large SCTSH on the bonnet (SF16!)
      Previously polished by Outlaw Bob
      Colour-coded HubNut sticker for ultimate shite cred

Car in WS12; taxed to get you home

Shiters' price: £590
      or
      Roffle at £10 a go.

• By Wack
      Short version of a long thread

Bought Nov 17 with a blown engine
      Put new engine in that was worse than the old one
      Put another 70,000 mile engine in out of a 330D that I saw running this time

It's got loads of history inc recon gearbox and suspension done

Drives ok , no warning lights on , 2 keys, one needs a battery , 12 months mot, everything works inc AC

Needs the blower direction box sorting , it's on your feet, could be 5 minutes , could be 30 mi utes then theres a whoosh as something frees off and it's all working normally
      I had a Google and it's something to do with vents, the box goes misshapen, I read a screw in the right place pulls it back into shape

Inner rear arches behind the back doors need welding , heated screen only demists the passenger side

It'll come with the original 18" wheels and wheel nuts as well as the 19" that are on it, but the 18" tyres are close to the limit

Qualifies for modern classic insurance , adrian flux quoted me under £200 TPFT , I went with A plan at £300 fully comp

I haven't advertised it anywhere else yet

Original post below

I've been looking at Range Rovers for a
      few weeks , in the past as I have a very competent/cheap mechanic I've bought a few projects that have worked out Ok but not a RR

I've found one with an engine problem, not too far away guy wants shot of it so he'll take £1000 for it , it's a 2003 HSE with 150k on the clock, MOT history looks very good, it's tested until next april and he said it's had gearbox work in the last 6 months

It's a really bad idea isn't it ,put me off with tales of woe, I'm really tempted to go and see it and risk divorce
    • By Tigerfox
      I know this is not the usual car to see on here but Tigerfox Jr has a baby on the way and he is discovering how expensive they are.

It is a 2003 231 version with the 6 speed gearbox and has only done 34k. I looked at loads before finding this one and it is very nice condition

Starts instantly, recent new battery and uses fuel at a alarming rate ! 

Mot until July and would expect it to pass as it has only done 500 miles since the last one

I have more pictures and it is advertised elsewhere for £1795 and a forum discount applies so £1675,  NOW £1500

Leather interior, air con, working electric and heated seats, bose radio/cd

PM me if you want more photos or contact details.

Car is in South Leicestershire

• By SRi05
      Brief background to this:

I swapped my Jaguar for this car 2 and a half weeks ago as I was desperate to scratch my v8 itch, a client who works in my office bought it last September as a winter hack from his father in law. He was always complimentary towards the jag, I've always fancied a V8, so when he told me he was selling it I asked if he fancied a swapz and he was up for it!

Unfortunately it's came at the wrong time for me, as my hours at work have halved recently and I really need something with economies as I'm applying for jobs with a commute longer than my current 8 miles a day. A petrol V8 unfortunately won't be suitable.

So to the car, it's absolutely brilliant tbh. Absolutely huge inside, comfortable ride, sits at just under 2k revs at 70 and goes like a fucking rocket with the foot down. 300bhp from the V8 engine. It's the ultimate barge. Gearboxes are a known issue with these cars, this one is smooth AF. selects every gear perfectly and goes through them smoothly when progressing. It has 103,000 miles on the clock, the car has full service history until 92,000 (mostly dealer) which was in 2009, it's barely moved in the past ten years,a couple of hundred miles between MOT'S each year. It was put back into service last summer, there's receipts in the glovey for an oil and filter change and an engine terraclean. Aluminium body on these cars as well so no rust, it scrubs up very well. 2 remote fobs and a spare 3rd key. Has a parrot Bluetooth thingy which is nearly new, it's been properly fitted, I'll leave it in there. Private plate with comedy RFL lettering included.

That's the good bits, so what about the bad?

There is a judder when braking above 35/40 mph. Brakes work well but can feel a pulse under the pedal. Will need looked at.

Rear brake light warning light on,there is a light out on the drivers side, will get this replaced

This car has previously had a coolant leak from the reservoir bottle and also one of the hoses, the previous owner repaired it prior to me buying it which cost £££ I believe, as access isnt great in the engine bay. It hasn't leaked since. It used to leave a few drips overnight on the ground, but has been dry the last couple of weeks.

Tires have decent tread but have two different brands on the front and rear,which is a bugbear of mine.

Aircon needs a regas m9.

And that's it really. Car is MOT'd until July, and is located in Glasgow. £1750. I know it's not the usual AutoShite giveaway price but it's a beast of a machine. And I need to recoup my jaaaaaag money. A quick glance on autotrader has rough 3.7's and non quattro 2.8's for over 2k. Any questions please fire away. Cheers

• By sims00
      So for various reasons, mainly money and hopefully, impending engagement/wedding (sshhhh) this is deffo for sale, with a discount for shiters.

Currently, I am having the alternator replaced, as it basically died yesterday. I've sourced a good quality second hand one from a breaker with some warranty, and it's been checked and proven to work perfectly. It arrives in a couple of days, and I am paying to have it fitted. So the car is currently awaiting this in the garage.

I've already got an alternative vehicle sourced and don't need any PX's, just a straightforward sale. This was purchased from Colc of this very parish, and has been fantastic, alternator issue aside!

So..

-130k miles, FSH - stamped book, countless receipts and paperwork, totalling thousands of pounds..mechanically absolutely brilliant. Recent stuff like turbo and other bits, engine is sweeter than your proverbial nut

-Full leather with heated seats, Sat Nav, Cruise Control, dual zone climate control..all working perfectly!

-recent full service by me approx 2k miles ago involving oil/oil filter, pollen, air..fuel filter included but I ran out of time and haven't actually had time to sit and do it since

-rust free! underneath it is fabulous. Seems to have had a very recent new exhaust system too.

-MOT till 19th November 2019!

No knocks/bangs/ghosts/borrowers/cockroaches. It really does drive brilliantly. Comes with 3 keys, 4 matching Michelin Cross Climate tyres. Only negatives are it has a ding to the rear tailgate, and theres a small patch of paint that flaked off on the rear bumper thanks to aggressive car wash peoples.

I'm located in Quinton, Birmingham.