Renault 14 Madness

Guest MattJY

On 7/11/2019 at 8:32 PM, Datsuncog said:

'Maurice' isn't Maurice Rea, perchance? How many Renault nuts called Maurice can there be in Ireland...

If it's the same guy, he took on both my Phase 1  Lagunas when they ended up permanently borked.

Maurice Roddy was my guess! Hes around Dundalk, one half of Roddy and Rice Renault there. Not sure if it's still going but he had quite a collection of old Renners, and that parts haul looks like one assembled by someone who owns a parts desk!

My uncle with the R16 (who sold his R20TX to someone on here last year) knows him.

2 hours ago, warninglight said:

Maurice Roddy was my guess! Hes around Dundalk, one half of Roddy and Rice Renault there. Not sure if it's still going but he had quite a collection of old Renners, and that parts haul looks like one assembled by someone who owns a parts desk!

My uncle with the R16 (who sold his R20TX to someone on here last year) knows him.

Heh, so there seemingly is more than one Rennernut by the name of Maurice round these parts - M. Rea hails from around Magherafelt direction, I think.

Yer man Roddy does sound more likely to be the source of this R14, though. Handy to know!

Absolutely wonderful, hats off you for perseverance.

Like @loserone my first journey into the big wide world was in a 14, a white TL with red interior which Dad bought brand new a couple of months before I was born, (the one and only time he bought a new car).

The original number rear numberplate adorns my garage wall and the spare wheel (with original tyre) has been successfully preventing my mum from hitting the back wall when going into her garage every day for 38 years - the most well used R 14 part in history?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 11:41 PM, Alusilber said:

The ex-Gary-now-Danny R14 is featured in the November issue of PC, which arrived today, He's now looking for a complete interior, thanks to the aforementioned smoke-bombing twats.

I read it and spoke to Hopkins and am helping him with his ongoing search. The remnant of the smoke bombed 14 may be mine soon too. 

Just found and bought in France a UK TS clock set new in the box with no miles on it for €40....buy of the year!

Think about it.  Ten francs for a wheel nut.  Have four less per car.  Multiply that across a million cars and suddenly M.Le Patrons mistress has a nice pad in St.Tropez and as much Campari Soda as a seventies stereotype can handle

• 3 months later...

Australia is the last place I'd guess an R14 to be, but I've discovered a RHD TS model in Victoria!

MirboSlide.thumb.png.a8dad98f16c14a9a1de364563fc6ebc9.png

I'll see if I can take some photos of it when the RCCV (Renault Car Club of Victoria) holds their next club meeting. I also got this copy of L'auto-journal off ebay, I'll upload some scans once it arrives from France.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.80cd561a64c1078802e44e088805b077.jpg

4 hours ago, Austat said:

Australia is the last place I'd guess an R14 to be, but I've discovered a RHD TS model in Victoria!

MirboSlide.thumb.png.a8dad98f16c14a9a1de364563fc6ebc9.png

I bet that’s well supported for spare parts down there! I did hear of someone emigrating from the UK and getting his R14 sent over by container in fairly recent years, though I think that was a green one.