Renault 14 Madness

Guest MattJY

Well, what a start to 2019.....like buses, nothing then 4 come along at once!

I will only be requiring one of them so PM me and Ill take your details then pass on the ones I don't want to you when I have made a decision:

All RHD UK cars:

1. 1981 White 1.2 TL perfect 28k miles

2. 1981 Blue 1.2 TL dry stored for decades but the cleanest shell I have ever seen, except the door bottoms that have gone. 26k miles

3. 1982 1.4 TS White with red interior, goosed I think

4. 1983 1.4 TS Burgundy Regency (Sunroof) with Tan interior, rust free but someone else's mothballed restoration, requires putting back to work and a full respray

oh wow how did ya manage to pull that off? :)

and while your at it, there aint any Model 70 invacars sitting in your time machine is there?  :mrgreen:

Decide which one you want for yourself, then pass on the details of the others on here.

If they're not too expensive/crusty I'd be surprised if they weren't snapped up.

I'd love one, but lack of indoor storage means I'd best not, as they rust worse than my Beta.

2 or 4 is my preferred. Just negotiating with the owners...this is proving not to be a simple task either. 2, I have been given a price I am happy with but he's not sure he wants to sell. 4, no price given and again, not sure he wants to sell.

Well, they do want to sell, they are just horder types and have both agreed they need to get rid but its never straight forward. 

4 is local and a TS with the right colour interior, 2 is in a different (UK) country and will take some logistics to go get it. 

Well, what a start to 2019.....like buses, nothing then 4 come along at once!

I will only be requiring one of them so PM me and Ill take your details then pass on the ones I don't want to you when I have made a decision:

All RHD UK cars:

1. 1981 White 1.2 TL perfect 28k miles

2. 1981 Blue 1.2 TL dry stored for decades but the cleanest shell I have ever seen, except the door bottoms that have gone. 26k miles

3. 1982 1.4 TS White with red interior, goosed I think

4. 1983 1.4 TS Burgundy Regency (Sunroof) with Tan interior, rust free but someone else's mothballed restoration, requires putting back to work and a full respray

Consider me seriously interested.

I'd just like to add at this point, that I've driven a 1200 TL & a 1360 TS and whilst there is a marked difference in performance between the two cars, my quality of life would be no worse if I never, ever drove another one of either flavour. I did used to like the diamondy headlining though if you've a picture.

I am also mucho interested, depending on prices etc.  Wanted a 14 since I had a poke around one when I was about 10 and was amazed how modern it looked for a (then) 12-year-old car. 

Probably not in the goosed one though - I haven't got the wherewithal to take on a rotten Poire.

Is that the one that was photographed in a shed somewhere in Scotland that disappeared shorty after the photo was taken and feared scrapped by most? If so would be great to know that it's survived.  (your comment about being in a different part of the UK to you hints it could be).

The car in question :

7902459336_29a1cd0fcf_c.jpg

Also re the 4th car its nice to know another special edition Regency survives other than the carcass that was bravely dragged from a farmers field a few years ago.

I'd just like to add at this point, that I've driven a 1200 TL & a 1360 TS and whilst there is a marked difference in performance between the two cars, my quality of life would be no worse if I never, ever drove another one of either flavour. I did used to like the diamondy headlining though if you've a picture.

You now sold it to me, too.

I wonder if one is possibly from the chap who used to be a prolific poster on here, who disappeared when he discovered females.

I don't think so as if I remember correctly his was in a dark metallic grey which I thought really suited the car, I think it was an S reg.  If it wasn't him then someone had one on here like that years ago.

This is Regie Ritmos 14

post-758-0-27642000-1549045076_thumb.jpg

and this is my 14, as found (thanks Pete!)

post-758-0-34195200-1549045159_thumb.jpg

Extracted

post-758-0-77875200-1549045258_thumb.jpg

And towed home

post-758-0-21803300-1549045331_thumb.jpg

Finally this was the spares car -stripped on the spot, supplying a good interior for Regies car, and useable parts for mine

post-758-0-21970700-1549045424_thumb.jpg

Mine will return to the road when i can be arsed to complete the welding -Regies is safe/dry/secure and driveable. I moved it last, under its own power, @ 18 months ago. He then had no plans to sell, despite parenthood.