brown car at the ring, tra la la la la..

Barry Cade

In the Eiffel bit of Deutschland for a wee hol, visited the nurbirgring again and found it was the truck grand Prix. Loads of American trucks and cowboy hats. Brown car is doing well, oil use seems to have got much better and it's averaging 47.5 mpg at autobahn speeds with Aircon at full pelt.Will be for sale on return to fund a 4x4.

It is the avensis.. 1.8 petrol can't seem to upload pics on the sites wi fi...

Home now, with a whizzy wheel bearing... every bloody year that happens! drove non stop from Spa to home, computer says 57MPG!! No backache, no frayed tempers because aircon.

post-62-0-85480500-1531002400_thumb.jpg

post-62-0-98643700-1531002481_thumb.jpg

post-62-0-49017900-1531002546_thumb.jpg

Anyone fancy it for 300 quid before I put a wheel bearing on and subject myself to daft ebay questions? Will need front tyres soon (205/55/16), and a  wheel bearing as its noisy,. EML doesn't come on at all and it uses about 3/4l of 5/30 per 1000 miles. New rear discs and pads, new rear drop links, so everything on the advisory list has been done.MOT'd until March 19. Ice cold aircon. Just done 1500 miles fully loaded and never missed a beat except from the wheel bearing which is gradually getting noisier- I'll check out to see which one it is.

post-62-0-23491500-1531090757_thumb.jpg

It IS a hatchback, boot is hooge!. Today it took me to collect it's replacement, built in Turin by one of the best and most renowned stylist emporiums in THE WORLD .

Drum roll........

post-62-0-60454100-1531160030_thumb.jpg

post-62-0-82629100-1531160173_thumb.jpg

I wanted Petrol,Auto,Aircon,Towbar and leather for various reasons, and it's got the lot. Drives well, but there are some suspect areas underneath that I'm a bit wary of prodding. I'll bask in its awesomness for a few days before I break out the screwdriver...

Yep, altough a new wheel bearing is winging its way to me now to fit in preperation. Found out today also I live in a "pain in the arse to access" postcode, so delivery isn't free..... It's 8 miles off a motorway FFS.

Yep, altough a new wheel bearing is winging its way to me now to fit in preperation. Found out today also I live in a "pain in the arse to access" postcode, so delivery isn't free..... It's 8 miles off a motorway FFS.

the joys of Haggis biting postmen!!!!!