Mighty Maestro

will16

Bloody nora there she is I used to own this when it was a tractor. I just roared about in it inhaling all those fumes and filling it up with fivers. It did 45mpg. I loved that old engine. The worst welding was not mine. The bloke before did the drivers side inner rear arch. I was however responsible for a lot of the other bits ! after one big MOT failure. The shocking racking shock mount was there when I bought it but held on with chemical metal that lasted all of 55 miles after purchase. 

I wondered if you had seen this and what its become  :-D I messaged you about it, but it had already sold. I'll admit, I miss the smell and economy of the diesel, I did 1500 miles and it barely cost anything! I owe you thanks, without your work it definitely wouldnt of gone through this mot

I swear I saw this on the drive outside close to a house where me and a mate were rescuing a BX last weekend?

I should've come and said hello but was far too excited by extracting the BX from its grave! (Currently persuading friend to do a thread in here).

Yes I think you did! I've just clicked, I saw a couple retro Peugeot estates there liberating it, I was going to have a wonder over but went shy  :-P  Glad that the BX has been rescued, been sat for as long as I can remember 10+ year?!

Don't know if it's any use, but I recall that Clio brake servos are popular for engine swaps in the BMW world, may be some use?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Clio-III-PH1-PH2-2005-2012-ATE-Brake-Servo-Booster-Unit/302458424324

Thanks! I've sorted the issue but I'm sure that will be helpful to know for future projects

So, after test drive 1 I had some issues to sort. First the brakes, I checked that the servo was fully against the bulkhead, it was and rebleed them. Got it feeling like it did before, I dont think it helps having one side of pads almost to the metal and the other side a good 10mm of pad! New pads on order.. Another issue was driveshaft binding. In a rush when measuring and making the shafts, they both ended up being about 15mm too long. Handily, I had rushed the engine position too so the engine sits 15mm off centre. I swapped the shorter shaft onto the longer side, which sorted that out and took 30mm off the other one so it was the right length, now both are spot on! The drivers side still binds for some reason, only at full droop of the suspension, but at the height I'm running it, it shouldnt be an issue. Before they were bottoming out in the inner cv. I also added high level brake lights, always liked them idk why  :mrgreen:

46046332715_07772b4605_c.jpg

39995878683_581682c41c_c.jpg

39995878453_dc1f234eec_c.jpg

46046332775_72e5a1a521_c.jpg

46046332725_d2fd09688a_c.jpg