S'pro ( no3) innit!

nigel bickle

Well

I don't post here often, nowadays, but do seem to attract old chod.

So today, having fortuitous met another long time shiter, I thought I might post a couple of pics

Today I increased my Espero count to 3:-

post-758-0-83238800-1530483786_thumb.jpeg

post-758-0-52828700-1530483800_thumb.jpeg

post-758-0-93930200-1530483810_thumb.jpeg

Pics taken in Luton, having A framed it down the M6/ M1 without incident.

Yup, it's a 25k filthy old Espero, ( it really is that dirty!), off road for around 5 years. It doesn't run, but feels like it will. Fuel delivery I op, but a bit off life when spoon fed. Disabled tax right now.

Same colour as my other ( auto), and compliments my ratty old red one.

No idea what I'll do with it, even if it will return to Belgium with me at the end of the week, or stay in the Uk.

But hey - why not?

Tis indeed a 21- a 2 litre GTX rear wheel drive, actually quite a good tow car ( all its used for at present).

Bramz, It's not been to Ledbury with me, but one of the kids might have used it. I've had it a few years, sits around a lot.

The S'pro was on EBay, and it seemed foolish to let it pass. It's low mileage, very clean inside, disabled class tax so I'm guessing the owner passed. I bought it from the well intentioned couple who did nothing with it, ( having spun it over but little more) but do have a fascinating selection of interesting Chod, ranging from a Morris 8 tourer, to a Cursor. Natch, recommended here.

It's fuel systems borked but that can't be complicated.

Dunno what I'll do with it, but I like my red rough one, hate my clean blue auto, so I guess it has a future.

Love an Espero, had a 2.0 cdxi in met purple which was a comfy ride.

This thread reminded me of something I needed to get from work today.

These were thrown in the skip as our company is having a clear out before we close in December. They used to have pride of place in our electronics lab and in our main office. I called dibs because no-one else wanted them.

Thought they'd be of interest :)

post-5607-0-63212400-1530721815_thumb.jpg

post-5607-0-97680400-1530721838_thumb.jpg

More pics of the excitement

The Daewoo was covered in a subtle layer of dried moss and Nigel indicated it might wear that look forever, for the hell of it.  Reaked of fuel bypass spillage fun from earlier too!

SAM_0995.jpg SAM_0996.jpg SAM_1001.jpg
SAM_0999.jpg SAM_1000.jpg

Am wondering which type of alloy wheel upgrade this Espero will receive, true to form.

SAM_0997.jpg SAM_1002.jpg WP_20180701_19_04_12_Pro.jpg

There was another photo of the man himself beaming across the Renner's engine bay, but you can't see that because of GDPR.  I did think while peering into the bay whether I knew 21s were available in RWD form...  Quadrafied, yes.  But Longitudinal and RWD?

Legend.