West Sussex chod assembly - Whiteways Cafe Arundel, Sat 25th August @ 2pm

dozeydustman

Right I've not had much time to finalise places to meet, but I have been scouring the net for parking info at some locations in the area. I'm expecting the Bank holiday (27th) to be absolutely horrendous wherever we end up, so I'm thinking Saturday 25th or Tuesday 28th from around 2pm.

Whiteway's cafe on the A29 is looking like a good place to meet. Reasonably priced menu plus facilities for those who need them, good place for spotting old tat on the road, and they're open until 5:30. Parking I believe is free.

I'm also thinking Clymping (Climping) beach, again it has facilities and an cafe. Parking is £7 all day over 5 hours, or £1/hour if under that time.

Goring beach has free parking but has a limit of 2 hours.

Or do a coastal tour of chod from Emsworth to Worthing?

I'd like to finalise this by the weekend, pennies for your thoughts?

But what if it should rain .... remember rain ... I think it is outside seating only . If Dan brings the green yank we could all pile in that !

The Saab is an estate, I'm sure I could get 8 or 9 in the boot. Plus I can bring 1986 vintage Coca Cola parasol. From Spain.

Whiteways has a smoll amount of indoor chairage IIRC. I'm sure if it hoons down all the local giffers won't go out. Don't want to get their Kia Cee'ds wet.

I'll give the thread one more day for external input, before making the highly democratic* decision on where & when.

I may bring the Corolla, if that stirs any loins.

BBQ after at dustman towers is also a go-ahead, I'm unable to put people up though. Good opportunity to piss of Wayne & Waynetta.

Stepdaughter may well be interested* in the cars being a trainee mechanic. Then again 17y/o girl. But likes Yank Tanks and asked me this evening how column shifts work.

What year Corolla , with daisy alloys ? same as mk1 mx5 ?

This is Mrs D's car. With optional extra Wolfrace 5 spokes. I should bring it to the meet up just for the novelty of a 6ft 5 idiot trying to get out of a little Japanese car. It's a nice little thing to drive and extremely reliable. 

post-24583-0-00157800-1532038667_thumb.jpg

post-24583-0-45432600-1532038932_thumb.jpg

These are the 13" version I stole from the web. Car runs 14"

Note lack of asterisk after Extremely. It's only had one major FTP since I met Mrs D, and that was the clutch.

"This is Mrs D's car. With optional extra Wolfrace 5 spokes. I should bring it to the meet up just for the novelty of a 6ft 5 idiot trying to get out of a little Japanese car. It's a nice little thing to drive and extremely reliable."

You should see this 6ft 3 idiot with fucked knees trying to get out of a Mx5 , even funnier if its in a parking bay with the roof up !!!

Not sure how I missed this before now, but assuming Mrs. T doesn't organise anything else in the meantime, I will be here, especially as I'm barely 10 minutes from Whiteways (I pass it twice a day going to work). Actually, Mrs. T and the Mini-T's will probably be there too.

Also, they (whiteways) have recently built a covered seating area which has a few picnic tables under it. Other than that, it's outdoors only.

Bear in mind too it's a mecca for motorcyclists, so the carpark will probably be rammed. However, when you pull into the carpark if you turn left and keep going past the cafe, there is vehicular access to a massive field are where you can park wherever you want, so as long as it's dryish, there's stacks of space.

And if it's wet, there will be barely any motorcycles, so plenty of carpark space.

One recent change though... the carpark is now locked at 8pm. I doubt it will affect us, but they didn't used to do so until very recently.

How many for BBQ at mine afterwards? Can't put anyone up, though Mercrocker I'm sure you could park the camper outside to piss off Wayne & Waynetta

Thanks!   Might be able to go straight to our Bognor place on the Sat eve.  Still planning!

• 4 weeks later...