OMG GGG Fucking Fourbanger Führerwagen - Now Force Ale again!

Junkman

They hate the fucking guts of the Germans, but can't get enough of their cars.

It just doesn't compute.

Neither does the Mercedes content in the streets of Jerusalem.

I'm originally from Poznan, western Poland, 2 hours drive from Berlin. Since forever this part of Poland has been under strong German influence. The local dialect contains a lot of German words and the people behave more like westerners compared with the folk further east, who are unfortunate enough to be compared with their Russian neighbours. 

No wonder 8/10 cars on Poznan's streets are German. I was there last weekend and was amazed at how many tidy W124s are still around and how the old tat has worn away. That's right, even a W124 can have its final day.

They hate the fucking guts of the Germans, but can't get enough of their cars.

It just doesn't compute.

Neither does the Mercedes content in the streets of Jerusalem.

I'm not sure they do - not the generation around now. I once had a bizarre situation where I went into a Little Chef in the M1 Leics area and the only waitress on duty was Polish, and spoke next to no English.

'Kannst du Deutsche Sprechen?'

'Ja, kleine'.

'Then I want the biggest fucking breakfast you have , Love'

... No wonder 8/10 cars on Poznan's streets are German. I was there last weekend and was amazed at how many tidy W124s are still around and how the old tat has worn away. That's right, even a W124 can have its final day.

I went to Poznan on a school exchange trip, twice actually, in 1993 and 95.

The first time, about 9/10 cars were Polski Fiat 126s.

The second time, a decent number had upgraded to Polski Fiat Cinquecentos.

I guess stuff like that is pretty rare now, and the last few are in the hands of Polski Shiters?

Let it ride, if he bids that and it wins, he's happy, so are you.

But if he bids that and 170 of the other watchers turn out to be from here, the car will sell for £761.

I would tell the offerer its theirs if they can get down there with $$$ before the auction ends, otherwise the auction runs as until they are in front of your face with queen pictures, they may as well be a figment of your imagination, because ebay "buyer".

I went to Poznan on a school exchange trip, twice actually, in 1993 and 95.

The first time, about 9/10 cars were Polski Fiat 126s.

The second time, a decent number had upgraded to Polski Fiat Cinquecentos.

I guess stuff like that is pretty rare now, and the last few are in the hands of Polski Shiters?

Those days are long gone. Nowadays FSO are deemed bona fide classics.

I made a decision and answered the following.

Hello [thee, who offereth me 1200],

Just to give you an idea of the magnitude of the decision this would require:

- There have been 2,496 page views so far.

- Currently there are 171 watchers.

- 11 (eleven) people have asked me what my price would be.

Please let me know how you would decide if you were in my situation.

All I can say is that you are looking at a W124 that's still miles away from the 100,000 sound barrier, does show its age with pride, but has a heart of gold and the potential to be absolutely stunning with very little effort, and although I hate that phrase with a passion, this is one of the few cars I ever owned for which it is appropriate.

You know as well as I do that W124s are the next hot commodity on the three pointed starred firmament and the only ca 1990 era saloons that will be worth anything at all. Considering the sea of misery that is on offer, mine is outstandingly intact. I'm only selling it because my dream car popped up, I can only accommodate three cars and that this isn't a hollow phrase either would become evident if you visited my place and had a look for yourself.

Furthermore, I'm leaving for that France tomorrow and won't be back until Monday, since an opportunity to visit the autojumble near Caen came my way, which I just couldn't pass up, as I'm confident you'll understand. Therefore it would be impossible to do a cash deal before the auction ends.

Considering all the above, I kindly ask you to put in your bid.

Honestly and sincerely your's,

Christian

Gosh, I had no idea I'm such a gambler.