OMG GGG Fucking Fourbanger Führerwagen - Now Force Ale again!

Junkman

We all have 'needs must' periods occasionally in life, unless you are lucky, which I'm not.

It's thus that I have to announce with a heavy heart that I had to succumb to requirements that should never be a motivating factor of a car purchase.

I hence can't avoid my upcoming conveyance being somewhat newfangled and what the brainwashed sheeple would consider "sensible", whatever that is.

However, a final agreement has not been reached at this moment and I haven't seen the shite in question live yet. 

This is supposed to happen on Saturday and it will only then reveal itself, whether this will turn into a collection thread.

In fact, it's not even guaranteed whether it'll still be available then.

Since the location is awfully far south of The North, I spent the best part of three hours to get the cheapest deal on two one-way 2nd class train tickets

(whatever happened to 3rd class?) which still cost me a fucking fortune at a time I have to think about every expenditure twice.

Accompanying me for morale support will be GGG Founder Conrad D. Conelrad. Unfortunately he has a nasty habit of bumping up travel expenses.

In a nutshell, the plan is to get there, have a look, then either drive home, or be stranded somewhere in the vast wasteland of the Southern Midlands.

On the plus side, travelling there by train has the advantage of being unable to carry a lot in terms of equipment, so I think every precaution

that this turns into a delightful disaster has been taken.

Yes, I'm indeed convinced that every ingredient for this to become a typical GGG success* story has been carefully put into place.

The Junkman having to purchase a modern under duress (because let's face it, this sort of thing is never going to occur willingly) is surely a warning sign that things are not as they should be in the world.  *play sad plinky plonky music* for just [redacted] a [redacted] you could prevent this from happening *slow motion shots of a P6 with a desaturated filter* Won't you help keep displaced Austrians in the comfort and number of cylinders they're accustomed to?  *close up of brightly coloured trousers* For just [redacted] a [redacted] you could save the plight of the Junkman.

Call your representative today.

Four easy instalments of £[redacted].95!

I needed a sensible car to cover long distances when my Dad took unwell. Naturally the choice was a 15 year old V8 (Audi, cough) on LPG

I know, i know, I'm an arsehole

I trust your new conveyance has an adequate number of cylinders, even if not 8?