HubNut sticker spottage!!

chaseracer

I've not seen any HubNut stickers in the wild, but last month a fellow attendee of ConFuzzled saw The Volvo's Autoshite sticker and we had a nice conversation about Autoshite, HubNut, RWD Volvos and Invacars  :mrgreen:

With a bit of luck, there might even be an Invacar there next year. If I can figure out somehow to bloody afford it.

Pretty sure I've seen one or two Hub Nut stickers out there, never really thought about it at the time though... I'll try to take more note of the car next time.

There was one bloke who was located by a fan based on the view out of his living room window and the colour of his hallway carpet.

Where there's a will there's a way...

Indeed. I try not to worry about such things. I'm now much more cagey about giving away where exactly the house is located, but it's pretty much impossible to hide your exact location these days.

I do get people asking to visit, but such requests are always politely declined. Mostly because my house is in such a terrible state.

With a bit of luck, there might even be an Invacar there next year. If I can figure out somehow to bloody afford it.

Your chopped about one was the one we were talking about  :mrgreen:

It would be good to see it at the Motor Furs meet, as I'm sure that it will bring back memories for a lot of the attendees over a certain age who were around when Invacars when they were still current, like myself. I'm equally sure that many younger attendees won't even know what an Invacar is!  :-D

• 8 months later...

There was one bloke who was located by a fan based on the view out of his living room window and the colour of his hallway carpet.

Where there's a will there's a way...

You should google 4chan and Shia labeouf flag stunt for the power of groupthink to track people/things down...

https://westerneye.net/comment/2017/03/shia-labeouf-vs-4chan-capture-the-flag/

DW knows (of?) the previous owner of this Metro, he's from Merthyr Tydfil. Same guy I bought the replacement door for my white 416 off while driving it back from Basingstoke to Manchester last year.

• 1 month later...