Possible sale, unsure.

bramz7

Yo gang, you're probably well aware of what is inside this thread before you even read it.

I bought this 605 a month or so back, but the seller got it MOT'd for me as I asked ever so nicely. Legit MOT too as it failed the first one on a trashed back box, which was replaced after I found one on eBay.

It's possibly the newest 605 in the entire UK. It's possibly not, but I have never seen another 605 on a T plate.

Performance comes from the great 12v XUD11 with a nice sounding turbo bolted onto it somewhere. Lucas EPIC pump which supposedly is a noisy thing by design, but having never had one without, I have no idea. Cambelt isn't due for well over 10k, car doesn't need a service either, doesn't seem to use much oil or coolant in my use out of it.

I covered 1700 miles since purchase, and it hasn't let me down, or even hinted at letting me down yet. It's put quite simply, great. There was a worrying moment on the M1 recently where one of the window surrounds decided to fly off, but the seal underneath is fine, and it does not let water through. Keypad works, all windows work, sunroof works, all the lights work, the electric aerial works, the stereo still sounds great, the electric mirrors work, the heating fan works, the central locking works etc, the CD changer (mostly) works. 

Obviously covering that mileage in a car in a short space lends you to its flaws, and these are what I have noticed:

-A few marks on the body, namely the corners. One front wing has a decent sized dent but I forget its there.

-Brakes aren't overly sharp, but it's never led me to believe that I will careen into something when slowing down.

-Aforementioned window seal issue

-Slight rust in the drivers side rear end, which is really localised and is solid still. I think there is one or two bits underneath that could do with some vactan.

-One of the foglights has tape and plastic on it. Still works.

That's about it.

As far as price...hmm. Not sure. 605s don't have yardsticks to measure against any more, and when new they just depreciated. 

I paid about £750 for it. 

I'd ideally want £850 for it BUT this would include two BRAND NEW Michelin front tyres being stuck on it, and a new front fog light being purchased (so long as no one beats me to it). 

I appreciate it's quite highly priced for this forum, if you fancy getting the tyres yourself and the light, then it's up for grabs for £600. 

I did fancy the green 5 Series that oddly doesn't seem to be appealing to anyone but me on here, but I think Chris has given up flogging on here.

I am also open to swaps. Ideally I would swap it for a higher spec of the following:

-XM

-Xantia

-or anything similarly aged and European, but again, spec is key really. Prefer diesels due to mileages covered, and I obviously don't want anything that is one breakdown from a scrapyard.

I just wanted to test the water on here as I do enjoy this car, but have accepted i can't keep anything for that long.

Yes, I can offer to deliver it.

Yes, I get 75% off train fares which helps covering my travel back.

Yes, it will be cleaned inside and out before hand, if it sells. 

Yes, it really is a T plate 605.

28669605608_7eb61848d4_b.jpg1999 Peugeot 605 SRDT Automatic. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

40734753200_ea06c385b3_b.jpg1999 Peugeot 605 SRDT Automatic. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

42491087192_9e7cd02719_b.jpgfullsizeoutput_169d by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

28669602068_1568295731_b.jpgfullsizeoutput_169c by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

Oh and also, the ZF gearbox is brilliant. It works. It shifts fine, every time. 

Ideally I would prefer a swap as it's a bit simpler that way, but again, appreciate that 850 big ones for an old Peugeot is a bit much for most people.

MOT'd until May 31st 2019.

95600 on the clock.

Located in Basingstoke.

I will keep it should no one want it. I am never, ever, ever selling a car to anyone not on here/a friend of a friend again.