¡Mierda! - Spanish Shite (now with added Portgueese shite)

Remspoor

Well having been into Madrid today there is definitely slightly less about than when I was here in 2015. However, still way more about than most other European capitals these days.

And to top it off, amongst the 160 odd photos from today I finally spotted one of these:

20190324_153617.jpg

Spanish made Dodge 3700 GT. Apparently this one has a diesel conversion too.

They were made by Barrieros. Also made diesel Talbot 180’s.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, been here a few weeks and not managed to photograph anything as always on my bike. However, there is a show near me tomorrow, so should get to see some vehicles I'm not that familiar with.

attachicon.gif20190406_115446.jpg

I do not know if you can do this but the form on the following link needs to be filled out by as many classic car owners, in Spain, as possible.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfWCjyVYCi6uZlaj0IoX2rXyd7_gfa0nNkUW__mqqgkYW6w-A/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1

I will basically explain what is proposed and why this is important to pass on:

In the link is to a questionnaire maid by the FEVA (Federación Española de Vehículos Antiguos) and is being carried out in relation to the negotiations that on going for the mobility of classic vehicles and their treatment under a proposed law Ley de Cambio Climático y Transición Energética (LCCTE) (Law on Climate Change and Energy Transition).

Around 150 municipalities in Spain, having more than 50,000 inhabitants, will be affected by this law. In the law it could be that classic vehicles will not be permitted to be used. A complete ban.

FEVA want to defend the the ability to use classic vehicles, They are normally used with low distances each year, therefore, low polluting. All owners, and supporters, are being asked to contribute by filling out the questionnaire. It will be a great help to achieve the  objective of getting classic cars out of any legislation.

You can fill out as many forms as you have vehicles. Please also copy and paste in your WhatsApp groups etc. And  it is important, before filling out the questionnaire, you should  have the documentation and the latest ITV report on hand to see the record of polluting emissions, unless your vehicle is exempt from this test.

I use the word classic but wish to cover vintage and shitters too.

thanks.

^^^ Thanks for that information, but I don't have a shite car here. I will obviously sign any petition type thing they have at the show.

Didn't realise it was so serious, although I am aware of the ban of ICE vehicles in parts of Madrid.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This week saw me having to visit my favourite garage, to have 4 new boots put on the car. Whilst there I took some photos with my phone.

workshop.thumb.jpg.a07cf071b359ec6d5b6c5e4870f2ecdb.jpg

The entrance to the workshop.

overall.thumb.jpg.ce25246b280e49369c003687116bbd21.jpg

Very blurred.  Spanish built Land Rover tow truck, TomCat Rover a Focus and a SEAT 127.

rovers.thumb.jpg.dbcec7cc03e6f5562498b5bebe679ca4.jpg

Anther of the two Rovers.

tomcat.thumb.jpg.96d4ee946d9a45be13de2c659cfe39f6.jpg

The rear of the TomCat and the front of the SEAT127

windscreen.thumb.jpg.d30808c8e21fc467e345f728fbdb18c1.jpg

The Front of the TomCat

Part4

showroom.thumb.jpg.131f9472cfc58e53c733ce31b4cb33b8.jpg

The Merc, again, looking towards the showroom area. No car is for sale!

showroom2.thumb.jpg.cf220d03d90eac81d794e73b7fff0dd3.jpg

The showroom; SEAT Ibiza, SEAT 850 and a VW Passat B2

showroom3.thumb.jpg.25db40578cba7a999b2d9662cb2779c6.jpg

Same cars as above.

I do have more but they are within my whatsapp folder. I have to dig for them.

• 2 months later...

I think it is the Peugeot 404 by Pininfarina which is easily confused with the Lancia Flaminia coupe also by...Pininfarina. This is a Pug I'm sure.

Given the BMC liks to PF I'm not surprised there was some crossover. The B was however done in house I think - but they must have seen something by PF. Plenty of 'borrowing' in auto companies - when Humber refreshed the Hawk line in about 65 they nicked the roofline silhouette...

20200213_121700.jpg

19 hours ago, lesapandre said:

I think it is the Peugeot 404 by Pininfarina which is easily confused with the Lancia Flaminia coupe also by...Pininfarina. This is a Pug I'm sure.

Given the BMC liks to PF I'm not surprised there was some crossover. The B was however done in house I think - but they must have seen something by PF. Plenty of 'borrowing' in auto companies - when Humber refreshed the Hawk line in about 65 they nicked the roofline silhouette...

20200213_121700.jpg

It is a Pug. Look at what Wiki says.  They were very expensive. French wiki says just under 7000 were built.

• 5 months later...