Old Van £300 or less, few months test

doubleyeller

Hi all, looking for a van Berlingo/C15/kangoo sort of size. Needs to be less that £300 ideally, needs to be capable of shifting a single person in one room sized household a few hundred miles and needs an MOT till the end of August sort of time. What becomes of it after this time is neither here nor there but it needsto perform this move as it's final duty!

Old Espaces / VelSatis/ Prairies/Zafiras may just do the trick. Ideally located reasonably close to Sheffield (I'm moving down to the West country), ideally diesel for economy, but you can't have everything! I know, there's plenty on Gumtree etc, but they're all a big big question mark! Anybody on here getting rid of anything please?

Cheers

Foad's c15? No test, but sounds like you could grt it one easily enough

Not a bad idea in principle, but the cost of getting up there, getting the work done and getting it back down will probably turn a £150 van into a £500 one. There are some c15s around with ticket at £400, but god only knows how shagged they will turn out to be.

Seriously I'd just rent one.

Both Enterprise and Northgate offer one-way rentals these days, and then you've not got the constant worry of whether it's about to blow up or not.

Last thing you want is for your three hundred Fred quid rotbox to blow up or snap in half halfway down the motorway and cost you as much again to recover.

Moving house is enough stress as it is, save yourself some bother and just rent one.

For that sort of money you should be able to get a Luton with a tail lift I'd think, then you should have space to spare.

Seriously I'd just rent one.

Both Enterprise and Northgate offer one-way rentals these days, and then you've not got the constant worry of whether it's about to blow up or not.

Last thing you want is for your three hundred Fred quid rotbox to blow up or snap in half halfway down the motorway and cost you as much again to recover.

Moving house is enough stress as it is, save yourself some bother and just rent one.

For that sort of money you should be able to get a Luton with a tail lift I'd think, then you should have space to spare.

That's really not a bad idea if they do one - way rentals nowadays. I was under the impression that you always had to bring it back to base, which would be a very drawn out process, and much more expensive by the time I had got myself back down on the train. 

Blowing up on the motorway? It can be the answer to your problems, it can be a bloody nightmare! When the Rover cabriolet conked out on the way home from purchase, the RAC bloke sorted out all the dodgy wiring at the roadside, saving me a huge headache and expense. When the Scirocco conked on the M4, it took 22, yes that's right, 22 hours to get it towed back up to yorkshire!