The Austin 2dr 1100 story - Part IV - Now in sharleys hands

SiC

I need to update this thread as I've got the final bits done ready for the next owner and transport. Just feel really bad that it is one of the last posts in my hands and that I haven't finished it myself. 

However the new owner has not only the skills to finish it, but also a large parts stash that can get it back on the road with. 

Bye bye little 1100

65379790a0655ee3c5da5fa6b7e74eaf.jpg

You've left a 1100 shaped rusty mark in my heart/drive

49d403ec38e535b1b5647ccf8a2fccda.jpg

Big thanks to worldofceri for the delivery service.

I still need to do a full write up on the final bits that I did, which I'll do some point soon. It's now off to its new owner who will finish off the remaining bits and get her back on the road!

well done SIC, been a fun thread to follow, agree with you on the reasons it needs to move on.

Now where is that MGB

At the in-laws still! It had a good run up to the FoTU this weekend just gone. Still nomming the oil at quite a rate. I've put the old oil cap on but with a new o-ring. I'm hoping that it will make a better seal and thus on acceleration/deacceleration, it will create a restriction and less likely to blow oil through the pistons. Not sure if it is out the tailpipe but PBK was following me at the weekend and remarked he was choking on grey smoke it was chucking out.

I've also agreed to buy another 70s money pit... Collection on Wednesday!

• 11 months later...