Dollywobbler's Foxy little number

dollywobbler

Door hinges were mini van rejects,drilled out and rebushed by Reliant.wheels were the entire remaining stock of HA van wheels bought cheap from Bedford.Dash is Rialto,console kitten only in grey.interior handle of course is allegro.external handle mini,door mirrors talbot.sliding window knobs dyane.windscreen fiat 127,as are headlamps.front indicator viva,rear trailer.rear window robin/rialto.

Door hinges were mini van rejects,drilled out and rebushed by Reliant.wheels were the entire remaining stock of HA van wheels bought cheap from Bedford.Dash is Rialto,console kitten only in grey.interior handle of course is allegro.external handle mini,door mirrors talbot.sliding window knobs dyane.windscreen fiat 127,as are headlamps.front indicator viva,rear trailer.rear window robin/rialto.

Wow impressive knowledge.

I thought i was a bit of a Reliant licker.

post-5233-0-39179000-1543236916_thumb.jpg

post-5233-0-18615900-1543237068_thumb.jpg

post-5233-0-34351000-1543237212_thumb.jpg

Have some snaps of a non charging Fox in Tonbridge that i went out to last Summer.

Im quite looking forward to a Reliant engine going back in as I find them quite interesting. They seem very similiar to an Imps 875 alloy engine valvetrain aside. Later ones almost same capacity. Introduced within a year or so of each other. All aluminium. Similiar power.

The Imp book says that high pressure casting of aluminium was fairly unknown in Britain and they had to go to a Swiss firm to get the expertise. Yet Reliant managed to go from a cast Iron Austin 7 based engine to an alloy OHV in one fell swoop without employing Swiss engineers. Did Reliant not use the same high tech methods as Rootes for casting?

Nice vid.

Do we have the UK version of Aging Wheels?

Both non-engineering channels but still like to pull things apart and repair. :-D

Tip for the removal of a screw four slot head screw that is damaged.

Either cut a single slot in the head and use a large screw diver to undo.

An alternative is to cover the slots with a small piece of rubber band.

One could also use a hammer and turn, but with the fibre glass bodywork of this car I would suggest that could do more harm than good.

Just caught up with your latest news DW. Good to see the Fox project has started in earnest*, and that you've started to notice the difference 50cc makes to a deux chevaux. I don't think checking the torque on Elly's cylinder heads again was a waste of time, show how much you care about your fleet.

I'm looking forward to 2019 on the channel

• 1 month later...