Dollywobbler's Foxy little number

dollywobbler

Progress. All lights now work - had to fit a spare 2CV brake light switch, a new £66 indicator stalk, a £20 fog light and then refit the windscreen washer too.

Then I got the black paint out.

D9CPEQkX4AIcx-j.jpg

I'm so glad I didn't go for white in the end!

Tomorrow, bonnet pins and maybe a bit more checking stuff like brakes and tyres.

On 6/11/2019 at 9:38 PM, dollywobbler said:

I've ordered some bonnet pins. 

52188178_1112201462301423_35138161633751

Sensible chap - I did this circa 1992 with the Fiesta when the hinge rotted and snapped - it actually made working on the car eleventy billion times easier being able to pull it off and dump it on the lawn.

You can also hang balloons and streamers on them too

Well this is quite a moment!

D9HawN4XsAAJNZe.jpg

D9HayQSX4AE7gqt.jpg

Paintwork is not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination, but I reckon she's alright.

Found the source of the exhaust rattle too. I'd left a clamp sitting on the middle of the section. I thought I'd lost it so fitted a new one!

MOT Monday. Tomorrow, will probably take a look at brakes and suspension.

Huzzah! Though more than ever, I think I'm mostly just pleased she got there and back.

Few niggles - the fan belt is too loose, the ignition timing is (I think) too retarded, the idle is too high, the dodgy tyre certainly is dodgy and the brakes did pass, but I feel could be better. It's amazing how shit brakes can be and still achieve a pass...