Dollywobbler's Foxy little number

dollywobbler

29 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

looking good so far :)

BTW I noticed in your recent videos, that you tend to use the selfie camera for recording your videos, just curious what thats about? (is it so you can easly see what the camera is seeing via the phones screen?)

I ask because normally the back camera on Phones is of much higher quality then the selfie camera, and I was thinking especially with your focus issues in the 2CV lock video, if you used the rear camera things may focus a bit better etc :)

Yes, exactly that. Have a new camera arriving this week hopefully...

19 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

Thankfully, my pressure washer is mostly gathering dust...

Yacht varnish is one idea, but I don't want to lose the matt effect I've gone for. I've got one tin of aerosol matt acrylic sealer, which I might try. It'll take a few of them to do the entire car though, and I might actually have to mask bits of it off.

Yacht varnish is by definition oil based so won't stick to the emulsion. It will also have a different coefficient of expansion so will chip off as soon as it gets any sun/heat.

Emulsion isn't a bad thing to use on a fibreglass car, it's after all, plastic. You could spray a drop of water based varnish on the top, something like 'Polyvine' for a bit off a gloss. An electric paint gun will do a surprisingly good job of it.

Bromley Pageant is on the 23rd June, and this Fox needs to be there. Started with a small victory.

D8yStjAXkAAwD7e.jpg

Hazard light fault was just dodgy connectors on the switch.

Sadly, the indicator stalk itself is physically broken - snapped plastic inside it. Will order up a replacement once I work out what will fit. Genuine Rialto stalk on Ebay is £66!