Dollywobbler's Foxy little number

dollywobbler

That's mega rare!!! I remember seeing Regals, Robins, Rialto's and Kittens, but not one of these...

What are the plans once it's back home?

Main plan is to find an engine for it! Fiat FIRE engines, which can be made to fit, have started getting quite expensive, so I think I'll stick with originality and try to track down a Reliant engine. That's far more my style anyway. Brake pedal is rock hard, so brakes will need work. Assuming it's the same drums I've got on the Invacar, so at least I've already got the correct adjuster spanner. 

I've just been looking at the cost of replacement engines, £300 gets you something that's been sat out of a car for 6 years, a running engine with gearbox is £500, with no real question how healthy that engine is. Even stuff like new flywheels are over £250! Now you can see why even fucked Rialtos & Robins go for stupid money

Yes. Sir has thought about it. Sir has quickly realised that he's really crap with numbers, so electric might be a dangerous game.

It’d be a very interesting project though.

I don’t really know much about leccy cars but could it not be done on a budget using reclaimed motors etc? I suppose the big killer items would be decent batteries though.

It’d be a very interesting project though.

I don’t really know much about leccy cars but could it not be done on a budget using reclaimed motors etc? I suppose the big killer items would be decent batteries though.

There's a chap in Ireland who does electric conversions himself and puts videos up on YouTube, for a while he was using scrap DC forklift motors.

He did attempt a 1000euro build on an old e36, not sure if he finished it.

The videos go on a bit too long and start to get quite dull but ...